OL Situation

LETSGOBROWNIES

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not going to pretend I watched him too closely last week, but I thought the OL looked ok.

Baker is holding on to the ball for too long, like 3 seconds avg time to throw.

He did but Hubbard looked dreadful on several run plays to his side. He either whiffs totally or can’t sustain a block. It looked pretty bad. Pass pro wasn’t AS bad but still not pretty to watch. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, in his defense he was signed like a week before that.

I thought he played reasonably well considering the circumstances.

I would just like somebody with more experience especially when we have to face a gauntlet of rough defenses that could define our season. Having a guy who was bagging groceries 2 weeks ago have to protect your franchise QB against Michael Brockers, Mathew Judon, Michael Bennett and Dee Ford in consecutive weeks is less than ideal

Edited by AkronsWitness

7 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

He did but Hubbard looked dreadful on several run plays to his side. He either whiffs totally or can’t sustain a block. It looked pretty bad. Pass pro wasn’t AS bad but still not pretty to watch. 

I dont remember if it was him or Robinson, but everytime they showed a replay of Baker getting flushed out of the pocket---you saw our OTs getting absolutly crushed onto their backsides. Just steamrolled at the point of contact.

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I would just like somebody with more experience especially when we have to face a gauntlet of rough defenses that could define our season. Having a guy who was bagging groceries 2 weeks ago have to protect your franchise QB against Michael Brockers, Mathew Judon, Michael Bennett and Dee Ford in consecutive weeks is less than ideal

I don’t disagree, but there’s not exactly a lot of quality, experienced linemen available. 

This is what you get when you’re working on your 4th OT.

Kinda is what it is.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t disagree, but there’s not exactly a lot of quality, experienced linemen available. 

This is what you get when you’re working on your 4th OT.

Kinda is what it is.

Right, it just sucks. I wish they would have put more of a emphasis on OL in the offseason like everybody was saying was our weak link--now our weak link has gotten even weaker and we are at the point of picking up random unsigned bums for fill-in spots.

I wouldnt be mad if they drafted 3 OL in the first 3 rounds next year

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Probably and over correction, but I get your point.

We need at least 1 starter and another depth player though imo.  That is assuming Forbes or Corbett (lol) develops.

I forgot all about Forbes, it would be reaaaaaally nice to have him right now. Man did all of our OTs on the entire roster get injured?

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Just read that Kirkey is now out too? Good god man. So thats no Randall, Nkoju, Callaway, Avery, Kirkey, Higgins or Hubbard next week (potentially). SHHHEEEEEESH

well make sure you stay away from the reports that say Greedy and Ward are having some hammy issues