On a Scale of 1-10

BrettsBeard

6 ish. I like the look of the team for the most part, but there are still quite a few question marks.  What we saw preseason really doesn't mean all that much.

As others have noted, the NFL has really damped down my appreciation for the game. I understand the need to make the game safer, but I think the execution of the concept to make the game safer has made the game less watchable.

Last year they improved what a catch was at least. So that's something. However, I am not sure they can get the PI calls correct. That's going to be hard to watch. Tapping a QB on the head is 15 yards. Tackling a guy too hard is 15 yards. Playing too tight of coverage is PI.

Anyway, like I said, 6 ish. The Steelers should be good, but the NFL is not must watch TV for me anymore. 

20 hours ago, cjfollett said:

Anyway, like I said, 6 ish. The Steelers should be good, but the NFL is not must watch TV for me anymore. 

I was going to stop watching after last year, but they cleaned up the locker room and appeared to be intent on having a legit D and got players to do so.  

20 hours ago, cjfollett said:

As others have noted, the NFL has really damped down my appreciation for the game. I understand the need to make the game safer, but I think the execution of the concept to make the game safer has made the game less watchable.

player safety makes sense, but they could do much more from the equipment perspective.   I am like you , on my way out and it's just a matter of time .  The hitting and violence is gone, now it's a pass happy flag league compared to the way it was say 20 years ago.  

11 hours ago, BrettsBeard said:

Well, I can’t decide if the developments of today made me more or less excited for the season… probably less, since we all know what will happen this season now. But karma has to catch up with the Pats, or Brown, or both at some point… Right? Right?! 

Karma has never caught up with NE.

I’m still at a 10. 

The only knock I have right now is how good New England looks and technically gets better as of today. Just feels like we are going through 4 months for a result that’s fairly predictable. 

Its overreaction Monday. Sit back and enjoy it. 

• Like 1