Around the NFL 2019

lumberjackchris

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Why? Were you not a Texans fan during the Brian Hoyer days?

I get that, but surely the Colts knew running Marlon Mack at them 40 times would have a better result...

I'll enjoy the loss, but I'm shocked. The Dolphins just played themselves out of Joe Burrow/Tua Tagovailoa range, I think. Cincinnati is absolutely drafting a QB at 1, so Washington is sitting on a gold mine at #2 - they don't need to draft a QB, but can negotiate with teams that will need a QB (Carolina, Denver, LA Chargers, Miami, etc).

Miami has the capital to get whoever they want (thanks to us and Pittsburgh) but life would have been much smoother if they just had the #1 pick...

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

I get that, but surely the Colts knew running Marlon Mack at them 40 times would have a better result...

I'll enjoy the loss, but I'm shocked. The Dolphins just played themselves out of Joe Burrow/Tua Tagovailoa range, I think. Cincinnati is absolutely drafting a QB at 1, so Washington is sitting on a gold mine at #2 - they don't need to draft a QB, but can negotiate with teams that will need a QB (Carolina, Denver, LA Chargers, Miami, etc).

Miami has the capital to get whoever they want (thanks to us and Pittsburgh) but life would have been much smoother if they just had the #1 pick...

I like the guy from Oregon myself 

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I like the guy from Oregon myself 

Herbert? I get visions of Blaine Gabbert with him. Has all the tools, but no clue on how to use them.

Only QB in this class that I like is Jake Fromm, and I'm not even that high on him. This isn't a good year to pick up a QB, especially given that next year could be the year to find a potential chosen one (Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields...)

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

Herbert? I get visions of Blaine Gabbert with him. Has all the tools, but no clue on how to use them.

Only QB in this class that I like is Jake Fromm, and I'm not even that high on him. This isn't a good year to pick up a QB, especially given that next year could be the year to find a potential chosen one (Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields...)

Herbert could be Blaine Gabbart but could be Big Ben. I hope the ducks make the playoffs and we get to see him against one of the other elite teams 

Bottom Line, we are going to be nearly as healthy as we can get on Sunday, coming off a bye week and it’s the biggest game of the season for us. 

if we come out ready to go and get a W, then I’ll start leaning towards believing that BOB and the boys are actually growing as coaches. 

if we come out flat and not ready to go like a lot of big games, well I guess nothing changes. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

if we come out ready to go and get a W, then I’ll start leaning towards believing that BOB and the boys are actually growing as coaches. 

I'll believe this when I see it. xD

J/k... but I'll agree for the most part. There has been improvements, but a win against a hot Baltimore team IN Baltimore against an MVP candidate would be such a boost to this groups' "approval rating" so to speak.

I don't want the pressure to release, I want there to be a sense of urgency - but it would take some of th criticism away.

• 2 weeks later...

There’s not much going on that can benefit us today. 

bronocs over bills could help

Jags over titans would give us a little more breathing room  we play the titans twice still so the sooner they are knocked out the easier those games will be  

bengals beating the Steelers could matter in a wild card scenario 

Same with dolphins beating the browns 

Jets beating the raiders would give us some more breathing room over them

Patriots over cowboys. We don’t want to play a patriots team coming off a loss 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Jags over titans would give us a little more breathing room  we play the titans twice still so the sooner they are knocked out the easier those games will be  

Titans are a sleeping giant. This is a scary team with Ryan Tannehill at QB, and Derrick Henry is right now in his "HULK SMASH" mode.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Titans play

colts

texans x2

raiders

saints

I'm thinking that they'll beat the Colts and Raiders (pretty handily at that, too). Beating us 2x is actually a possibility, given how our defense has been as of late.

I swear they sit and wait for this time of year (when everyone is a bit battered and tired) and then just let Derrick Henry loose - last two games he's played, he's chalked up over 150 yards and two TDs a game. They're not even trying to work Dion Lewis into the lineup anymore, Henry is playing on every offensive down. 

Given how Mark Ingram and Jonathan Williams looked against our run D, I don't like our chances.