Week 2: Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) @ Houston Texans (0-1) - Gardner. Minshew.

Adrenaline_Flux

42 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

this built to play bully ball is a load of horse crap.  if this team was meant to play bully ball we would have atleast 4ypc by fournette vs any defense.  '

look at carlos hyde did last year and what hes doing now.  for whatever reason it is hydes doing better behind a "worse" ol then ours. 

I mean, obviously they're not executing it that perfectly. Whether that's personnel or scheme/oline cohesion, or all of the above. 

But that kind of football isn't about maximizing YPC either. You're going to sacrifice efficiency for volume and pounding it right at them and grinding down the opponent and the clock. 

I mean, there's a reason they've invested so much in IOL and a top pick pounding RB. That's what it's built to do. Even if the results aren't quite there right now...or all of last year really. 

Edited by Tugboat

36 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I mean, obviously they're not executing it that perfectly. Whether that's personnel or scheme/oline cohesion, or all of the above. 

But that kind of football isn't about maximizing YPC either. You're going to sacrifice efficiency for volume and pounding it right at them and grinding down the opponent and the clock. 

I mean, there's a reason they've invested so much in IOL and a top pick pounding RB. That's what it's built to do. Even if the results aren't quite there right now...or all of last year really. 

a top pick rb who cant find a hole over a potential franchise qb like watson or Mahomes.  

46 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

a top pick rb who cant find a hole over a potential franchise qb like watson or Mahomes.  

tbf, hard to find a hole when it isn't really there.

The Mahomes thing looks bad in hindsight, but people forget that the Chiefs trading up to get Mahomes was seen as a massive reach at the time.