Rookie Reports

Pastor Dillon

56 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We have a lot of rookies suiting up this season. I would love to hear everyone’s thoughts each week on how they are doing. 

Howard, Johnson, and Omenihu all played important snaps last week. 

How do y’all feel they did?

Omenihu showed some promise (albeit against decimated OL & fellow rookie QB)

I thought Howard's split / trip was somewhat funny (except any physical punishment suffered by DW4). 

Johnson had one play, but he also does that thing that I hate from DBs: excessively celebrating a play you are SUPPOSED to make.

• Like 1

Lots of rookies playing this week

howard and Scharping both started on the line and while we did a terrible job of run blocking, the pass protection was much better. 

Lonnie Johnson is struggling but battling. He makes some nice plays and gets beat. I’m hopeful he will be a long term solution at CB

omenihu has played really well for us as part of our d-line rotation. I’m excited about him. 

3 starters and a rotation guy is as good as you can ask for from a draft class. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Lots of rookies playing this week

howard and Scharping both started on the line and while we did a terrible job of run blocking, the pass protection was much better. 

Lonnie Johnson is struggling but battling. He makes some nice plays and gets beat. I’m hopeful he will be a long term solution at CB

omenihu has played really well for us as part of our d-line rotation. I’m excited about him. 

3 starters and a rotation guy is as good as you can ask for from a draft class. 

Kubiak'd! :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Howard’s rookie season is being cut way short. He’s expected back at some point but will likely miss 6 or more games. 

lonnie Johnson has struggled but he’s getting better each week. Made two big plays for us on a key 4th quarter stop against the chiefs. 

Scharping was a beast at sealing the edge on several big runs. He’s gonna probably be a long term starter 

Omenihu has a pff grade better than JJ Watt. He’s obviously playing limited snaps but he’s a lock to be a key player on D for years going forward, especially in pass rushing. 

Gillaspia continues to be one of our best 7th round picks ever. He’s never gonna be a world beater but he’s solid in everything he does. 

we are going to need Warring to step up next season and be a good player to make up for the loss of draft picks. 

crawford is a fringe roster guy and probably won’t be any more. 

On 10/16/2019 at 6:53 AM, Pastor Dillon said:

Gillaspia continues to be one of our best 7th round picks ever. He’s never gonna be a world beater but he’s solid in everything he does

Methinks your Aggie homerism is showing here.  Dude plays like 2 snaps per game on offense and stands in front of the punter the rest of the time.  Dude literally hasn't registered a single stat yet.  Personally, I'd rather still have Jerrell Adams on the roster.

My 7th round ratings:

• Derek Newton
  • Andre Hal
  • Zach Diles
  • David Anderson
  • Troy Nolan

Now I will give you this, simply by making the roster Gillaspia has contributed more than Kelly, Fuller, Hilliard, so he's our best 7th in a while.

1 hour ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Methinks your Aggie homerism is showing here.  Dude plays like 2 snaps per game on offense and stands in front of the punter the rest of the time.  Dude literally hasn't registered a single stat yet.  Personally, I'd rather still have Jerrell Adams on the roster.

My 7th round ratings:

• Derek Newton
  • Andre Hal
  • Zach Diles
  • David Anderson
  • Troy Nolan

Now I will give you this, simply by making the roster Gillaspia has contributed more than Kelly, Fuller, Hilliard, so he's our best 7th in a while.

I forgot about Newton and Hal. The other guys though weren’t that good.