College Talk: Duval Edition

.Buzz

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Agreed, hoping Jawan Taylor can buck the recent trend. How has he been playing lately?

Spotty decent in pass coverage but he was suppose to bring that gritty acumen to the run game on the right side but.. it hasn’t quite been there yet. It’s still early these guys really haven’t played together all offseason but our run game is suffering. Any Oline with Fournette running behind them should know you can’t allow unblocked guys in his face before Fournette hits the line of scrimmage. A big back like LF has to at least be able to get to the line with out clutter in his face and around his legs 2-3 yards in the back field. Cann ain’t it does anyone remember if Will Richardson got a look this past Thursday? I know Cann started the game don’t know if he played the entire game. I think I remember Will getting some spot duty at LT early in the game.. but don’t know what position he played those 27 offensive snaps just don’t know where they were taken all at LT or did he get snaps at RG as well.

2 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Spotty decent in pass coverage but he was suppose to bring that gritty acumen to the run game on the right side but.. it hasn’t quite been there yet. It’s still early these guys really haven’t played together all offseason but our run game is suffering. Any Oline with Fournette running behind them should know you can’t allow unblocked guys in his face before Fournette hits the line of scrimmage. A big back like LF has to at least be able to get to the line with out clutter in his face and around his legs 2-3 yards in the back field. Cann ain’t it does anyone remember if Will Richardson got a look this past Thursday? I know Cann started the game don’t know if he played the entire game. I think I remember Will getting some spot duty at LT early in the game.. but don’t know what position he played those 27 offensive snaps just don’t know where they were taken all at LT or did he get snaps at RG as well.

Taylor might be a little rusty coming out but I think he'll get there at least in the run game