Irony? Interested?

Ghostnote

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

What teammates? 

He was a team captain in NY. I’ve heard Alabama players say he was a leader when they were at Alabama. He was the leader of their defense when he was there.

I’ll look for quotes, here’s one from Jon Allen. Maybe you think Jon Allen is full of BS but I don't.

https://www.redskins.com/news/seven-things-we-ve-learned-about-landon-collins

5. Jonathan Allen is a big fan of Collins.

Defensive end Jonathan Allen and Collins spent some years together back at the University of Alabama. Collins left to enter the NFL draft after his junior season while Allen decided to stay all four years.

Allen described Collins as an “alpha male” when it came to his physical ability and his football IQ.

“He is going to do it right and do it physical," Allen said. "I love the way he comes up and plays inside the box. He can reach across the field and make plays all over. He is an all-around safety and I am glad he is on our team."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/patriciatraina/2018/07/28/how-landon-collins-is-growing-as-a-defensive-leader/amp/

In other words, guys like safety Landon Collins, a two-time Pro Bowler who grew up idolizing the late Sean Taylor, a leader during his time with Washington whose playing style Collins tries to emulate.

Collins has had to wait his turn to get into a position where he might potentially be formally voted as a team defensive captain. In his rookie season, he “apprenticed,” if you will, under Jon Beason, a three-time Pro Bowl linebacker.

In the last two seasons, he’s observed linebacker Jonathan Casillas, who came to the Giants from the New England Patriots, and was voted to succeed Beason as the Giants defensive captain.

Those exposures combined with Collins’ personal growth have him ready to accept the challenge if his teammates should deem him worthy of wearing the “C” this season.

“I feel like I’ve grown as a leader because I’m learning about my guys and have been there for them regardless of the ups and downs,” Collins said during a recent walk-and-talk prior to a training camp practice.

“I’m trying to be the best brother I can be—the NFL is a brotherhood, so you want to be there for your brothers. That’s the biggest part about being a leader. You can’t just do it all on the field by making plays and all that. It’s part of it but being there for somebody is worth everything.”

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

QBs miss throws. Keenum’s issue was he kept missing them, and kept throwing it to the other team. Thus, he was benched.

My point was if these guys can keep their jobs and mistakes, Sweariger should be able to miss a couple tackles and keep his as well with the level of play he was playing at here. 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

My point was if these guys can keep their jobs and mistakes, Sweariger should be able to miss a couple tackles and keep his as well with the level of play he was playing at here. 

Swearinger’s issues are larger than his play. He was cut by the Texans who drafted him in round 2 of the 2014 draft, cur by the Bucs, not re-signed by Arizona bc they had drafted Buda Baker to replace him, cut by the Redskins and now cut by Arizona.

But I'm your eyes, he's not an issue?

It must be someone else that's the problem and not the 4 teams he's been on - one team twice - in 6 years, right?

I have no idea how you can’t see this. I understand people don't like our front office but come on guys! You cant have a player constantly go to the media and undermine everyone in the organization - free he's told for to multiple times - and continue to employ him. 

No one wants that player on their team - or they shouldn't - grievances should be aired in house/in the locker room/behind close doors w/ coaches and the front office.

DJ has done the opposite of what he should do, since 2014.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Swearinger’s issues are larger than his play. He was cut by the Texans who drafted him in round 2 of the 2014 draft, cur by the Bucs, not re-signed by Arizona bc they had drafted Buda Baker to replace him, cut by the Redskins and now cut by Arizona.

But I'm your eyes, he's not an issue?

It must be someone else that's the problem and not the 4 teams he's been on - one team twice - in 6 years, right?

I have no idea how you can’t see this. I understand people don't like our front office but come on guys! You cant have a player constantly go to the media and undermine everyone in the organization - free he's told for to multiple times - and continue to employ him. 

No one wants that player on their team - or they shouldn't - grievances should be aired in house/in the locker room/behind close doors w/ coaches and the front office.

DJ has done the opposite of what he should do, since 2014.

Can we stick to his play here PLEASE? Can we focus on the player we saw here and the level he was playing at here? He was on the road to being a Pro Bowl player that season!!

21 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Can we stick to his play here PLEASE? Can we focus on the player we saw here and the level he was playing at here? He was on the road to being a Pro Bowl player that season!!

Funny how you deflect when other posters display facts you can’t deny... 

And, I can talk about whatever I please as long it’s within the rules of the forum. 

If you don’t like it, you can ignore it.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Funny how you deflect when other posters display facts you can’t deny... 

And, I can talk about whatever I please as long it’s within the rules of the forum. 

If you don’t like it, you can ignore it.

My post always was about his play here because thats the only time I saw him play. I don't know what he did elsewhere because I never saw it. I'm not deflecting anything, I just can't give a opinion on things I dont know about just because somebody else said it. 

As I said in my original post if we could get the guy who played for us to play FS, he and Collins would be a nice duo in my mind just with a new coaching staff. 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

My post always was about his play here because thats the only time I saw him play. I don't know what he did elsewhere because I never saw it. I'm not deflecting anything, I just can't give a opinion on things I dont know about just because somebody else said it. 

As I said in my original post if we could get the guy who played for us to play FS, he and Collins would be a nice duo in my mind just with a new coaching staff. 

Yes, but if he's not buying into the ”team aspect, ” he’a not found to be on the field, so if that continues to be a problem for him, his play on the field becomes irrelevant as or did for now 4 teams, and 1 team twice!

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, but if he's not buying into the ”team aspect, ” he’a not found to be on the field, so if that continues to be a problem for him, his play on the field becomes irrelevant as or did for now 4 teams, and 1 team twice!

While here that wasn't the case. Wanting more out of your coaches isn't a problem for me. Wanting your Coaches to play Man to Man and apply pressure on a rookie QB is why he was let go here, nothing else. His on the field play was Pro Bowl. 

On 10/3/2019 at 3:37 PM, Skins212689 said:

While here that wasn't the case. Wanting more out of your coaches isn't a problem for me. Wanting your Coaches to play Man to Man and apply pressure on a rookie QB is why he was let go here, nothing else. His on the field play was Pro Bowl. 

No it’s not. He was let go because he sucked on the field the last half of 2017 and the last half of 2018.

And, in the two years he was here he repeatedly went crying to the media to air grievances about the team - even if they are justified - I’d yiur his employer and you ask him to come to you and discuss it rather the going to the media, how do you continue to employ them?

I find it effin hilarious people call Jay soft but then when he gets tough on a malcontent player and cute him, they hate on him!

Pick a side folks

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

No it’s not. He was let go because he sucked on the field the last half of 2017 and the last half of 2018.

And, in the two years he was here he repeatedly went crying to the media to air grievances about the team - even if they are justified - I’d yiur his employer and you ask him to come to you and discuss it rather the going to the media, how do you continue to employ them?

I find it effin hilarious people call Jay soft but then when he gets tough on a malcontent player and cute him, they hate on him!

Pick a side folks

I agree to disagree he was let go by the Washington Redskins due to anything dealing with his play on the field.

On 10/2/2019 at 10:32 PM, e16bball said:

How many times (and from how many teams) does this dude have to get sent packing before people realize the Redskins aren’t the problem with DJ Swearinger?

He had a great half-season for us. He’s never reached that level at any other point in his career. And his actual talent level isn’t nearly good enough to justify putting up with all the BS. 

Bingo. If he was a thoroughbred winning us races, then cleaning up the manure is just a cost of doing business. But since he's not even giving us that, the juice is not worth the squeeze.

On 10/2/2019 at 9:36 PM, Skins212689 said:

Kirk missed Adam Thilien and Keenum missed Quinn but still have jobs. Get over yourself. 

DJ missed assignments quite a bit. Plus was a head case that the coaches are just not gonna put up with. It's been the same story everywhere he's ever been.

If I'm any organization, I can put up with him making mistakes. I'm not gonna put up with his off the field stuff

Archived