Irony? Interested?

Ghostnote

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

DJ missed assignments quite a bit. Plus was a head case that the coaches are just not gonna put up with. It's been the same story everywhere he's ever been

I don't agree he missed quite a bit of assignments here. The player I saw here was on his way to the Pro Bowl. I can't speak about what he did elsewhere because I never followed him outside of the Redskins. 

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I don't agree he missed quite a bit of assignments here. The player I saw here was on his way to the Pro Bowl. 

For the first half of the season? Yes. Re-watch the games in the 2nd half. He blew quite a bit of his assignments then. 

I can't speak about what he did elsewhere because I never followed him outside of the Redskins. 

I'm talking about his off the field antics here 

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

For the first half of the season? Yes. Re-watch the games in the 2nd half. He blew quite a bit of his assignments then. 

I'm talking about his off the field antics here 

Same as I told Turtle, last I knew he was let go for calling out the coaches not his play on the field. Even still how much did coaches have to do with him not succeeding here?

4 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Same as I told Turtle, last I knew he was let go for calling out the coaches not his play on the field. Even still how much did coaches have to do with him not succeeding here?

And again, he had been playing poorly in a number of games. He wasn't perfect. But, yes, he also got let go because he was a frickin headcase (and this was probably the biggest reason). No coach is gonna want to put up with that type of behavior. Hence, why he's now out of a job...yet again. So yes, his attitude and ability to be coached plays a large part in if a team wants to sign him.

Now, where we DO agree is that his coaches sucked. But still doesn't mean he needs to do what he did (and seems to always do wherever he goes), which was criticize coaches and his fellow players in the media. That stuff needs to be kept in-house and he was warned repeatedly over a 2 year span to knock it off. He didn't.

2013-2014: Houston Texans  (32 games)

2015: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7 games) 

2015-2016: Arizona Cardinals (20 games) 

2017-2018: Washington Redskins (31 games)

2019: Arizona Cardinals (4 games) 

That's his resume ^^^. That's not a good resume. Dude is not a good teammate or a coachable player.

5 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

And again, he had been playing poorly in a number of games. He wasn't perfect. But, yes, he also got let go because he was a frickin headcase (and this was probably the biggest reason). No coach is gonna want to put up with that type of behavior. Hence, why he's now out of a job...yet again. So yes, his attitude and ability to be coached plays a large part in if a team wants to sign him.

Now, where we DO agree is that his coaches sucked. But still doesn't mean he needs to do what he did (and seems to always do wherever he goes), which was criticize coaches and his fellow players in the media. That stuff needs to be kept in-house and he was warned repeatedly over a 2 year span to knock it off. He didn't.

That's his resume ^^^. That's not a good resume. Dude is not a good teammate or a coachable player.

To be fair to Swearinger, Manusky should've been out with him at the very least.  

Also, at least DJ put his name onto his statements.  He didn't release them through guys like Deangelo Hall, or drop videos anonymously, or send Chris Cooley out as the bag man.  He's got my respect for that.  

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

To be fair to Swearinger, Manusky should've been out with him at the very least.  

Also, at least DJ put his name onto his statements.  He didn't release them through guys like Deangelo Hall, or drop videos anonymously, or send Chris Cooley out as the bag man.  He's got my respect for that.  

True. Manusky should've been shown the door. I disagree on Cooley as I think Chris was doing what he always did and that was speaking honestly on his radio show about the players and the front office of the organization. But I know we simply disagree there. No worries.

14 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yes, Manusky shouldn't have been even hired over Guys like Pettine and others. Still, he was and he was the coach. DJ didn't respect his coach, why is anyone or his teammates supposed to respect him?

In order to get respect you have to give it out as well, and he never has to his coaches in the NFL. And worse than that, he hasn't learned! He's left millions on the table bc of saying stupid crap he didn't need to say to the media and may never have a job in the NFL again. I hope he has a parka bc unless he wants to play XFL, the only job he’s going to get is going to be in Canada!

Yay! He put name to his statements, how’s that worked for him? Sitting in the employment line! Yeah, he’s so smart, mad respect 🤣  

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, Manusky shouldn't have been even hired over Guys like Pettine and others. Still, he was and he was the coach. DJ didn't respect his coach, why is anyone or his teammates supposed to respect him?

In order to get respect you have to give it out as well, and he never has to his coaches in the NFL. And worse than that, he hasn't learned! He's left millions on the table bc of saying stupid crap he didn't need to say to the media and may never have a job in the NFL again. I hope he has a parka bc unless he wants to play XFL, the only job he’s going to get is going to be in Canada!

Yay! He put name to his statements, wheres that for him? Sitting in the employment line! Yeah, he’s so smart, mad respect 🤣  

Please with the Respect stuff. I'm not respecting a Coach that doesn't know what he's doing. True is protocol, but some don't kiss *** and just follow protocol especially when they are risking their bodies and lives each time they hit the field. Manusky sucks plain and simple. I would've called the coaches out as well, you know the sameway we have been doing in this forum. Only difference DJ had the balls to express himself publicly. He didn't hide behind any sources or anything of that nature. Alot of people need to get over themselves once they get a title. If your wrong your wrong I don't give a **** where you rank or your position. Be a Adult and accept responsibility for your failures, not use your power to fire people. 

23 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Please with the Respect stuff. I'm not respecting a Coach that doesn't know what he's doing. True is protocol, but some don't kiss *** and just follow protocol especially when they are risking their bodies and lives each time they hit the field. Manusky sucks plain and simple. I would've called the coaches out as well, you know the sameway we have been doing in this forum. Only difference DJ had the balls to express himself publicly. He didn't hide behind any sources or anything of that nature. Alot of people need to get over themselves once they get a title. If your wrong your wrong I don't give a **** where you rank or your position. Be a Adult and accept responsibility for your failures, not use your power to fire people. 

Which he did and then rightfully got cut for it. He also didn’t just call out the coaches, he called out other players constantly for not doing what they needed to do to stay healthy during the season.

Why the hell would anyone want him as a teammate is beyond me?

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Which he did and then rightfully got cut for it. He also didn’t just call out the coaches, he called out other players constantly for not doing what they needed to do to stay healthy during the season.

Why the hell would anyone want him as a teammate is beyond me?

Just goes to show what type of players and coaches he has actaully been around. Those who don't want to win a SuperBowl. 

On 10/4/2019 at 8:47 PM, Skins212689 said:

I don't agree he missed quite a bit of assignments here. The player I saw here was on his way to the Pro Bowl. I can't speak about what he did elsewhere because I never followed him outside of the Redskins. 

Swearinger and Norman blew an assignment every few games. Swearinger went to the media and blamed it on Norman. Norman never said a bad word about Swearinger publicly but he probably talked to him privately which is how you should handle disagreements - in house.

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Just goes to show what type of players and coaches he has actaully been around. Those who don't want to win a SuperBowl. 

What has Swearinger done in terms of being on winning teams? It's obvious he's the opposite of a winner. The only time I can think that he may have been in the playoffs was in 2014 and 15 backup safety on the Texans if they were in the playoffs those years.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

What has Swearinger done in terms of being on winning teams? It's obvious he's the opposite of a winner. The only time I can think that he may have been in the playoffs was in 2014 and 15 backup safety on the Texans if they were in the playoffs those years.

It's called a winning mentality.

Archived