On your greatest quarterback ranking list...

LieutenantGains

Greatest quarterbacks  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest quarterbacks

• All Time
    • Super Bowl Era

7 minutes ago, Pugger said:

He is if we are talking about scrambling QBs.  ;) 

All kidding aside, do you really believe Fran is better than the 10 I listed?  I do agree he is a top 20, however.

Yours is a good list, but mine would be slightly different (I would have Favre and Marino higher), but I think he was very comparable to Staubach and Starr.

On 10/2/2019 at 5:38 PM, LieutenantGains said:

Do you include all time or just the Super Bowl era? I've been having this discussion with some friends and was interested to see what everyone thought

I was waaaaay in over my head on this one, so I consulted Brutal at The Home (he's doing fine!), and HE said that no list could be complete without  the mention of "Slingin'" Sammy Baugh, star QB for the Texas Christian Horned Toads, and then, the Washington Redskins (and couldn't they use him today!) of the NFL. Besides having a cool nickname (a prerequisite for these lists), "Slingin' Sammy", Brutal informed me, once ran a 10.9 in the 100-yard dash, almost as fast as the time recorded by Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion, a generation later!

PS Brutal said to say "Hi" to @Norm, and he still remembers the good old days of multi-page arguments and resorting to his vasteous library of football history books to settle debates!

Image result for Sammy Baugh

Edited by bzane
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, bzane said:

I was waaaaay in over my head on this one, so I consulted Brutal at The Home (he's doing fine!), and HE said that no list could be complete without  the mention of "Slingin'" Sammy Baugh, star QB for the Texas Christian Horned Toads, and then, the Washington Redskins (and couldn't they use him today!) of the NFL. Besides having a cool nickname (a prerequisite for these lists), "Slingin' Sammy", Brutal informed me, once ran a 10.9 in the 100-yard dash, almost as fast as the time recorded by Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion, a generation later!

PS Brutal said to say "Hi" to @Norm, and he still remembers the good old days of multi-page arguments and resorting to his vasteous library of football history books to settle debates!

Image result for Sammy Baugh

Lololol

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yours is a good list, but mine would be slightly different (I would have Favre and Marino higher), but I think he was very comparable to Staubach and Starr.

I didn't have Marino higher because he never won a ring and I had Favre at that spot because of his tendency to throw picks, especially in big games.  He did it when he played for us and he did it for you guys too.

On 10/7/2019 at 6:34 AM, Pugger said:

I didn't have Marino higher because he never won a ring and I had Favre at that spot because of his tendency to throw picks, especially in big games.  He did it when he played for us and he did it for you guys too.

No problem Pugger.  Like I said, your list is a good one too.  :)