TNF: Los Angeles Rams @ Seattle Seahawks

SBLIII

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

It truly makes me laugh how ignorant of history some posters are. You're right. Although, I think McVay is gradually handing more of the O over to Goff. And I think we're going to see a shift this year where it becomes more Goff's offense and less Gurley's offense. I think McVay has figured out how to beat the 6-1 and A-Gap pressure.

I only saw the Seahawks run it once last night (on the first drive) and Gurley immediately got 7 yards off of it. Did they even run it after that?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I only saw the Seahawks run it once last night (on the first drive) and Gurley immediately got 7 yards off of it. Did they even run it after that?

I think so, but I can't say with total certainty.

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It truly makes me laugh how ignorant of history some posters are. You're right. Although, I think McVay is gradually handing more of the O over to Goff. And I think we're going to see a shift this year where it becomes more Goff's offense and less Gurley's offense. I think McVay has figured out how to beat the 6-1 and A-Gap pressure.

Yeah people forget that Dykes' system is different from Leach's, and that Goff actually had power to make changes at the LOS. I wonder if McVay will let him do more of that or if that is more of a next year thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

Yeah people forget that Dykes' system is different from Leach's, and that Goff actually had power to make changes at the LOS. I wonder if McVay will let him do more of that or if that is more of a next year thing.

He's doing it now. He has been doing it for a couple years. But I think he has both more control and responsibility now (Sullivan being gone is partly why). People assume because McVay talks to him until the mic cuts off that Goff doesn't make decisions out there. But a number of times each game, Goff makes adjustments well past the mic cutting off.

• Like 2