Fix The Defense

coordinator0

12 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

We have three safety looks with our big nickel package. He would fit in there there. He also has above average coverage still. He was destroyed in that one game against Landry but besides that has looked above average in the other games. He was our best cover option on Kelce and when we put him on Auden Tate he slowed him down.

But back to the package, we saw the last game Clark did some LB work as well as deep safety look. We had ET doing his thing with mixing it up and sort of playing more of a Troy P type role within the defense, and Elliot had some work where he was managing some zone looks, providing double teams on WRs, and doing some man coverage work. That could be a role we resign to Carr as a “safety”. If that makes sense.

IMHO I'd like to see Clark/Levine as the dime ILB's, Carr as the slot CB and then ET as the deep safety, especially now with Peters and Humphrey on the outside.

6 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Complete the three team trade carousel.

Pretty sure he would cost more than a 2nd round pick. Perhaps if the Jags drop the next two games and aren’t looking as pretty in that division/playoff race they might be willing to part with Yannick a little bit more, especially since considering the Ramsey/front office situation he might not want to resign. 

Still can’t help but think it would take something like a second, Hurst, and a 4th to make it happen... which I would be willing to pay for his services. Especially considering I can’t imagine we couldn’t convince him to sign here for a really strong deal, considering the strong reputation of our organization from top to bottom.

• Like 1