Tuitt torn pec...done for season

AFF

9 hours ago, wwhickok said:

The only question I have is what is the DL gonna look like now?

I expect Alualu to get more snaps and then Hargrave to get more snaps. I doubt they will still keep Hargrave's snap count where it has been, he is too good to have on the sidelines anyways. This is his chance to earn a new deal either for the steelers or for one o fat many teams that will be interested in signing him . I still expect the steelers to run the same fronts, just replacing Tuitt with Hargrave, Alualu ,  and DMC. Maybe they bring up Buggs too but I don't expect him to get many snaps.

1 hour ago, Lambert44 said:

Isnt this Tuitt's 3rd season ending. Twice with the torn pec and once with a tricep...

Has he played a full season?

This is his first season ender, he missed the last two games of a season once, though. He's missed chunks of the last three years. He's also never torn his pec until this one. Hyperextended elbow, torn biceps, and a couple knee injuries. He also had a foot injury going into the draft. 

Edited by MOSteelers56

51 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

This is his first season ender, he missed the last two games of a season once, though. He's missed chunks of the last three years. He's also never torn his pec until this one. Hyperextended elbow, torn biceps, and a couple knee injuries. He also had a foot injury going into the draft. 

groin injury during rookie season/draft, kept quiet , isn't that what was going? It was a reason why he lasted until RD2, he couldn't play as good as he could have in his last year at ND. Tuitt has had some injuries, and should stay here until it really takes a toll ,  and at that point remember andrew luck. No need to keep going if it will seriously compromise the rest of your life. Imagine any of us having to deal with the injuries these players do sometimes on a yearly basis ,  it's not for everyone that's for sure.

1 hour ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Buggs/Walton/Alualu play will determine how big DL will be a need this offseason...probably losing Hargrave as it is.

I fear you may be correct.  As much as I want to keep Hargrave in Pitt, the lack of extension is a pretty telling indication.

The usage and productivity of those guys will determine our draft slot....either a depth piece or new starter.

Javon is a guy I'd love to have back but when we use him like 30 or 40% of the time max...you just cant justify paying him like Heyward.

Having said that. With ABs  money off the books, moncrief, Chickillo, Burns, Dupree and MAYBE a Heyward restructure...I wonder if we could/should afford to bring him back 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Javon is a guy I'd love to have back but when we use him like 30 or 40% of the time max...you just cant justify paying him like Heyward.

Having said that. With ABs  money off the books, moncrief, Chickillo, Burns, Dupree and MAYBE a Heyward restructure...I wonder if we could/should afford to bring him back 

what if arians wants to trade for ben, that should free up capspace;)

Steelers can cut Barron/Moncrief/Chick/Foster and free up about $20 mill...the real ? Is how far the cap will rise.

ABs $$$ is going to raises for Nelson(low year 1 cap hit, doubles in 2020), Hadens extension and the acquisition of Fitzpatrick...more than fair trade off.

• Like 1