Tuitt torn pec...done for season

AFF

Cap casualty or pay cut is what I can see if they try to sign Hargrave who will dominate the rest of the way now that he has a chance.  Too bad, I thought Tuitt could have won team MVP and got the pro bowl nod .

This is bad news though, Tuitt was having his best season

20 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Cap casualty or pay cut is what I can see if they try to sign Hargrave who will dominate the rest of the way now that he has a chance.  Too bad, I thought Tuitt could have won team MVP and got the pro bowl nod .

Way too much dead $$$, but why cut him when he’s at his prime and a he’ll of a player?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

Why would we cut Tuitt?     He is only 26 and better than Hargrave.

• Like 2

If the injury history is something they might be  concerned about. I wouldn't do it, but if they were low on cap space, and the team plays well without him, it could happen. I don't want it to and wouldn't  cut/trade Tuitt but injuries can influence these decisions. 

There isn not telling what colbert  will do though. He is loyal to his draft picks, so maybe that will prevail regardless of the injury severity etc. 

This team has depth at DL  , so it should help with this injury.  

1 hour ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Way too much dead $$$, but why cut him when he’s at his prime and a he’ll of a player?

I'm not saying cut him but it wouldn't surprise me if they had to.  See how he recovers from the injury, and what the team decides are needs next year.   I am as much of  a fan of Tuitt's as anyone here, I am bringing up the harsh reality with that comment more than anything . He is young though, so that could help, unless he turns into andrew luck over the summerO.o

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

I'm not saying cut him but it wouldn't surprise me if they had to.  See how he recovers from the injury, and what the team decides are needs next year.   I am as much of  a fan of Tuitt's as anyone here, I am bringing up the harsh reality with that comment more than anything . He is young though, so that could help, unless he turns into andrew luck over the summerO.o

His injury history isnt bad enough for us to cut ties with him.

On top of that, cutting him wouldnt provide us much cap relief.

No way he gets cut this offseason.      If he got injured NEXT year, then maybe 2021.

Vance McDonald and Mark Barron will be cut, pretty much no doubt.     Same with Moncrief, who shouldve been cut weeks ago in favor of a bag of rancid feces.    

Ramon Foster could be cut, but doubtful.   They like him too much.  

Pouncey could be replaced, but again, they like him....overpaid or no.

Joe Haden could be cut.    I dont see him being worth 12m.     This would only happen if they were really desperate, though.

Anyone thinking we are going big in FA this offseason is delusional, though.   We dont have much cap space, and they will likely try their best to retain Hargrave and maybe even Dupree (sadly).

@FourThreeMafia  moncrief actually made a good catch he other night. What if he actually turns out decent and starts playing as they hoped?

I agree with most of what you said, they like/keep foster and will let Finney go  which s a mistake but that's the way it happens.  

It's going to be interesting to see how Dupree and Hargrave play out this season. I think Hargrave will be more of a force but Dupree is actually showing signs of improvement as gradual as it has been. I think for where he was drafted he should have been like this perhaps in his first year if healthy, but at least he is getting better. He has effort, conditioning and all that but I think the coaching lacked for a bit, some blame goes there.  I expect Hargrave to be borderline pro bowl, maybe an alternate, I just can't see OL blocking him if he is allowed to attack. 

I hope they keep Haden as this secondary is becoming legit finally. What has it been, 7 years now since the secondary was tolerable? With Troy alone that made it good to watch at times and with clark too. I never really cared for the CB's over the years though, always sub par  as a unit but they had a pass rush help them as well as scheme.  Taylor couldn't catch a cold but got in the way enough and would hit. 

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

@FourThreeMafia  moncrief actually made a good catch he other night. What if he actually turns out decent and starts playing as they hoped?

Moncrief was brought in as a stop gap until guys like Dionte Johnson and James Washington got more involved.     DJ is coming along, while James Washington isnt really being used much and since they dont trust our QBs, it takes away James Washington's biggest asset.

Moncrief likely wont be cut before the end of the season, but there is no way they are going to pay him $6m next year.     He has never been anything more than JAG.   

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

since they dont trust our QBs, it takes away James Washington's biggest asset.

This pisses me off that it happens.  I'm sorry but if you don't trust your QB, wouldn't a great jump ball pass catcher be a great asset?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, warfelg said:

This pisses me off that it happens.  I'm sorry but if you don't trust your QB, wouldn't a great jump ball pass catcher be a great asset?

it might be more of a matter of time before Washington gets his numbers. Once they are comfortable with who they decide on at QB and the QB has a few more games played, they might open up the playbook a bit more and more as the weeks go on.  

I didn't see this team starting the season with both playbooks 100% accessible. On defence they have a rookie that will be the play caller, but that would take a while before they get all the plays called out of their playbook on defence or so I would think. Once he is familiar with all of it and they are comfortable with him, then they will go through with business as if a vet was in there from the past. Same on Offence, they want the QB's to get comfortable and they aren't relying heavily on deep passes , but actually a running game (finally) . 

This team will get better as the season progresses unless the injuries keep adding up.  They already are quite a bit better than when they had their HOF qb in week 1 and 2, that was the worst the team looked.