Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

One position I'm worried about next year is RB. Can totally see this staff running with Chez and Acker 🤮

Really hope that the lack of portal interest in any backs is because they want the incoming freshman backs to play right away. Ball, Gordon, JT, Allen, if you're going to be the lead dog at UW you contribute as a freshman.

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

One position I'm worried about next year is RB. Can totally see this staff running with Chez and Acker 🤮

Really hope that the lack of portal interest in any backs is because they want the incoming freshman backs to play right away. Ball, Gordon, JT, Allen, if you're going to be the lead dog at UW you contribute as a freshman.

Is Chez coming back? I thought he was in his graduate year?

Glass 3/4 filled....

TVD has me cautiously optimistic. 

Randomly watched the Texas A&M game earlier this year and he played well enough to remind me of his hype from a couple of years ago and wonder WTF happened. 

Then he had a really weird/bad stretch of a month were he threw about as many picks as he did the rest of his career but he had a bad leg and hand injury at the time. 

I'm almost positive he'll be the only QB we've every had, in my lifetime at least, who has ever even been mentioned as a possible top 10 pick at any time. So there's that. 

Edited by wgbeethree

Slackman 's final visit list is going to be Wisconsin, Florida, VT, UNC, Auburn. Feel better about our chances now that FSU, Michigan and USC didn't get a visit. We'll see there. Seems like Anthony Johnson from Youngstown State is the backup plan there.

Jahmal Banks from Wake is visiting, would much rather have him than the MSU kid.

Sounds like there are rumblings McGohan commits today or tomorrow. If a Fickell bat signal comes out, it's probably for him.

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Slackman 's final visit list is going to be Wisconsin, Florida, VT, UNC, Auburn. Feel better about our chances now that FSU, Michigan and USC didn't get a visit. We'll see there. Seems like Anthony Johnson from Youngstown State is the backup plan there.

Jahmal Banks from Wake is visiting, would much rather have him than the MSU kid.

Sounds like there are rumblings McGohan commits today or tomorrow. If a Fickell bat signal comes out, it's probably for him.

Any word on Colbie Young?

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Think we're going with Banks instead as a target, maybe we reach out if he goes elsewhere.

Hmm not sure I agree with the staff if that's the plan. Colbie popped more this year than Banks but Wake sucked so who knows. Just don't see much upside with Banks. 

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Slackman's final visit list is going to be Wisconsin, Florida, VT, UNC, Auburn. Feel better about our chances now that FSU, Michigan and USC didn't get a visit. We'll see there. Seems like Anthony Johnson from Youngstown State is the backup plan there.

Just offered Travis Bates from Austin Peay so I'm not sure how we're sitting with Slackman.