MMA Thread | As the UFC Turns

beekay414

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Pretty sure we haven't heard anything definitive on it. I don't get the Felder thing though. We get worse matchups in boxing due to drop outs than MMA does for title fights yet they let those go just fine. It's like the NYSAC is being intentionally difficult after the Conor fiasco.

Yeah, I thought I read something about Pettis saying he wasn't fit. Guess not. Also saw he asked for too much to fight Khabib. That's a terrible fight anyways. 

Al v Khabib. Felder v Pettis.

Would work.

Just now, BillsGuy82 said:

If story is true hope he enjoys mid card Fox/FS1 fights until his contract is out

As long as he gets paid, he won't care. He has every right to ask for a significant bump in pay to take on Khabib and headline a PPV. Not sure why this is an issue.

1 minute ago, Mossburg said:

If the Pettis wanting more money report is true, he had to have asked for something in the potential 7 figure range because I doubt the UFC would cheap out and let continue this chaos continue to avoid giving him a reasonable raise.

Saw 1 million via a YouTube title lol

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Yeah, I thought I read something about Pettis saying he wasn't fit. Guess not. Also saw he asked for too much to fight Khabib. That's a terrible fight anyways. 

Al v Khabib. Felder v Pettis.

Would work.

Yeah, I'm fine with that pairing even if Al isn't really a threat to Khabib. Not sure what they would do considering Al was 155.2. Some kind of emergency exemption/waiver for the last little bit of weight?

6 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Yeah, I'm fine with that pairing even if Al isn't really a threat to Khabib. Not sure what they would do considering Al was 155.2. Some kind of emergency exemption/waiver for the last little bit of weight?

hopefully they can just weigh his underwear and then subtract that from the 155.2. i doubt it tho. 

Just give me Khabib-Raging Al and Pettis-Felder and I'm good.

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Al Iaquinta - For Lightweight Championship
Rose Namajunas vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk - For Strawweight Championship
Zabit Magomedsharipov vs Kyle Bochniak
Renato Moicano vs Calvin Kattar
Anthony Pettis vs Paul Felder

Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Felice Herrig
Joe Lauzon vs Chris Gruetzemacher
Bec Rawlings vs Ashlee Evans-Smith
Evan Dunham vs Olivier Aubin-Mercier

Devin Clark vs Mike Rodriguez

That's still not a bad card at all. It is if you scrap Khabib and Pettis from the cards though.

sucks that that means another fight is falling off the card. 

Khabib v. Iaquinta
Rose v. Joanna
Moicano v. Kattar
Zabit v. Bochniak
Dunham v. OAM

Karolina v. Herrig as the lone good prelim fight

god dammit it sucks what happened to this card... 

1 minute ago, jfinley88 said:

sucks that that means another fight is falling off the card. 

Khabib v. Iaquinta
Rose v. Joanna
Moicano v. Kattar
Zabit v. Bochniak
Dunham v. OAM

Karolina v. Herrig as the lone good prelim fight

god dammit it sucks what happened to this card... 

I think they can pull off what sanchez suggested. I'm sure Pettis and Felder wouldn't mind throwing bombs at each other for 15.

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

I think they can pull off what sanchez suggested. I'm sure Pettis and Felder wouldn't mind throwing bombs at each other for 15.

i dont think pettis takes it, but yeah that'd be a dope fight. 

1 minute ago, jfinley88 said:

i dont think pettis takes it, but yeah that'd be a dope fight. 

Give both of them their show and win money. Tell them they will both get a 'save-a-card' 50k bonus. That's a fun fight. I don't even remember who Pettis was fighting originally but can't be too different from Felder. 

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

Give both of them their show and win money. Tell them they will both get a 'save-a-card' 50k bonus. That's a fun fight. I don't even remember who Pettis was fighting originally but can't be too different from Felder. 

Chiesa

Archived