Mike Nugent Cut

Deadpulse

People don't ignore the reasons a kicker misses something, they are just aware that Nugent wasn't a good kicker. He was released because he wasn't good.

Gostkowski was never released. Meaning that people that know a lot more about football than anyone posting here felt like he was good enough to keep while those same people felt like Nugent wasn't. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

He is literally getting surgery... phantom injury...

Image result for smh gif

You literally warp things to fit your narrative. 

More gifs 🙄 and more ignoring my points that are not warped, but actual facts, (like evidence of laces in and weather conditions and no reports of previous injuries to Gostkowski yet he signs an expensive extension after three consecutive futile Super Bowl performances).

Gostkowski had a surgery to correct something in his plant leg; his left leg. There is no report I've heard or seen about the specifics of the injury/surgery but I venture to say given the timeframe and physical display we saw from Gostkowski prior to the reserve designation, Gostkowski most likely had a minor problem with his hip flexor. I happen to be very familiar with hip flexor surgery believe it or not and anyone can put off getting that procedure done until they choose basically. How convenient that fragile-ego-Gostkowski and Belichick chose to IR his butt when it become, (pardon the pun), painfully obvious he wasn't mentally up to the task of playing the game anymore. The only pain Gostkowski suffered was of the mental variety in this instance. I wish him well in recovery as a fan. He was a good draft pick in the third round back in 2006 and I cheered for him for many years even though he had it much easier than most place kickers in the league as far as accumulating stats. When it is time to move on, it is time, and while the Patriots are usually batting .800, (or higher), when it comes to identifying pre-cliff drop-offs from their guys, this is one of the rare instances where they missed the goal posts altogether.

Edited by DoleINGout

23 minutes ago, jofos said:

People don't ignore the reasons a kicker misses something, they are just aware that Nugent wasn't a good kicker. He was released because he wasn't good.

Gostkowski was never released. Meaning that people that know a lot more about football than anyone posting here felt like he was good enough to keep while those same people felt like Nugent wasn't. 

Gostkowski was put on IR because he is the all-time leading scorer of the franchise and there is mutual respect between the two sides in this transaction.

Nugent was released because he is just another kicker that will be available regardless and the Patriots were strapped for cash and wanting to make a trade at the deadline. Also, Matt Bryant was released and is another option eho is better this season than Gostkowski.