The good, the bad, the 2 games above .500 vs. Bengals (Post-game talk)

RaidersAreOne

Good:

• 6-4 baby
  • Aside from the pick, Carr looked great today
  • Mad Maxx is a freaking beast. 4 sacks and a FF
  • The entire 1st quarter
  • Waller is such a good security blanket. I wish we gave him more looks
  • Renfrow is so clutch on 3rd down
  • Mullen gets his first pick! Could/should have had one earlier but good job by the rook
  • AJ Cole was having a great day until his last punt
  • Mike freaking Mayock for finding us 7+ rookies who can contribute right away

Bad:

• I thought our line had it's worst game of the year today
  • The penalty called on Incognito on the 2 yard line. Definite BS
  • I hope Tate is alright. Pretty scare thing to see
  • I hate our LBers. Morrow with another huge whiff.
  • Gave Jackson didn't look good
  • Miller was abused a couple times

Ugly:

• Playing down to our opponents. This was way closer than it should have been
  • Penalties
  • Carrs pick and Jacobs' fumble
  • Mark Davis

Edited by RaidersAreOne

Good to get Jacobs fumble near the goal line out of the way. Doubt that happens again for a couple years. Will sharpen him for the playoff push as he's probably getting tired especially with injuries not making him 100% but you can't tell. Looks AMAZING and a good game to get goof-ups out of the way.

Bad is thinking the Bengals had 'quit'...NO WAY... Those guys were hustling and glad we got the win as the media would question us as being for real. Credit to the Bengals for fighting hard despite the record.

Ugly is the win but like sex and pizza it's still a win. LOL

EDIT:  The 'EXCEPTIONAL is Maxx Crosby as of late...DAMN!!!

Edited by G

14 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Gabe wasn't great today. I missed the first half though. How did Isaiah Johnson look?

Didn't really notice him much so that's good. He did have a nice pass break up on a 3rd down he was the CB that was covering tate on the 3rd and 19 play, but it looked like he slipped. 

I wanted a blow out, but a win is a win. I do leave this game with some concerns about the offense. Their inability to step on a team's throat to create separation is a concern. They allowed the Chargers and Bengals to hang around when really it should't have been this close. The offense is the strong part of this team and you would expect them to be able to create that separation when the opportunity pops up. 

I would really like Gruden to start getting Waller involved more. I'm sure teams are paying more attention to him, but unless they're doubling him you have to trust him. This also comes down to Gruden scheming him open. He's just such an impact player and would like to see him get more looks.

Maxx Crosby is a grown-*** man. He just scratching the surface. The way he uses his hands and his length is so good already. Usually, it takes young players a lot of time to learn that, but he has already mastered it. 

As much crap the defense has gotten they have closed out the Lions, Chargers and Bengals game. PG doing a good job the past couple of games.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, a4ce said:

Couldn't watch.  How'd Jordan and Swearinger do?

Jordan has one sack where Finley was escaping the pocket and got caught from behind. Besides that I didn't notice a bunch. Swearinger was super active early vs. the run and had some good tackles. I saw a lot more Riley on the field as the game went on and they began passing more.