Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
zappa13004

College/NFL Comparisons

Recommended Posts

None can be 100% right. That's just a game, an idea of the style. Comment on mine and/or post yours.

JK Dobbins : Chris Carson
Tee Higgins : Mike Evans
Chase Young : Julius Peppers
Andrew Thomas : Tyron Smith
CeeDee Lamb : DeAndre Hopkins
Jalen Reagor : Mecole Hardman
AJ Epenesa : Joey Bosa
Yetur Gross-Matos : Marcus Davenport
Javon Kinlaw : DeForest Buckner
Jonathan Taylor : Nick Chubb
D'Andre Swift : Joe Mixon
Jerry Jeudy : Stefon Diggs
Jeffrey Okudah : Marlon Humphrey
Jedrick Wills : Mitchell Schwartz
Derrick Brown : Linval Joseph
Curtis Weaver : Whitney Mercilus
Tyler Biadasz : Ryan Kelly
Henry Ruggs : DeSean Jackson
Travis Etienne : Alvin Kamara
Justin Herbert : Matt Stafford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

JK Dobbins : Chris Carson

I don't see this one at all. Dobbins is not a brute like Carson. He just has elite contact balance. Plus, Dobbins is 5x the athlete that Carson is.

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Tee Higgins : Mike Evans

Don't see this one. Higgins isn't the same kind of physical WR that Evans is. Higgins is a little faster, but he doesn't play nearly as physical as Evans did/does.

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Chase Young : Julius Peppers

Nice.

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Andrew Thomas : Tyron Smith

Not bad. Tyron Smith is a once in a decade athlete at tackle though. Thomas is good, but not Tyron.

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

CeeDee Lamb : DeAndre Hopkins

Lamb is much more explosive and dynamic. Hopkins has much stronger hands and an elite catch radius.

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Jalen Reagor : Mecole Hardman

Never saw him play.

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

AJ Epenesa : Joey Bosa

What? Epenesa couldn't bend the edge to save his life on an NFL OT. Bosa is significantly ahead of him in that regard.

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Yetur Gross-Matos : Marcus Davenport

I need to watch more of Gross-Matos.

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Javon Kinlaw : DeForest Buckner

I love Kinlaw. This isn't a bad one.

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Jonathan Taylor : Nick Chubb

Chubb is more powerful and faster. I don't think Taylor ends up being special. Chubb is special.

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

D'Andre Swift : Joe Mixon

Mixon is more powerful. Swift is a blur.

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Jerry Jeudy : Stefon Diggs

He runs great routes like Diggs, but he's so much physically bigger and stronger.

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Jeffrey Okudah : Marlon Humphrey

Okudah isn't as physical, but I don't dislike the comp

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Jedrick Wills : Mitchell Schwartz

 

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Derrick Brown : Linval Joseph

Oh wow. He's way better than Linval Joseph IMO. Derrick Brown is an uberstud.

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Curtis Weaver : Whitney Mercilus

 

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Tyler Biadasz : Ryan Kelly

I think Biadasz is an Alex Mack type of C. Kelly isn't bad, but I think Biadasz is going to be even better.

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Henry Ruggs : DeSean Jackson

DJax is faster. Ruggs is more refined, runs more routes, and has more size.

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Travis Etienne : Alvin Kamara

Not bad. As runners they're similar. Kamara is a much more refined route runner.

5 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Justin Herbert : Matt Stafford

I don't mind that comp. Stafford has a much stronger arm, but it's not a bad comparison. Herbert is a lot faster though. He's a legitimate threat as a runner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Derrick Brown is better than Linval Joseph. Though Joseph is good. Tell me another comp' instead ? I thought for NFL players, Joseph was the closest comp. Maybe a mix of Hicks and Joseph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Evans is much stronger than Higgins, i know. In term of catch radius and big target, i thought that is not a bad comp'. Joe Mixon too is bigger than Swift but the way they can affect run and pass game, that's why i made that one. And i like the Epenesa/J.Bosa or the Taylor/Chubb comps. But of course, if i chose to post it, is to receive differents opinions so you welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

I know Derrick Brown is better than Linval Joseph. Though Joseph is good. Tell me another comp' instead ? I thought for NFL players, Joseph was the closest comp. Maybe a mix of Hicks and Joseph.

I thought Derrick Brown looks to me like Shaun Rogers did at his peak. Rogers was always heavier, but just in terms of how they dominate both A-Gaps and rush the passer. Like a Shaun Rogers highlight tape is what Derrick Brown does in every game.

 

I do like the Akiem Hicks comparison. That seems fair too.  I just think Derrick Brown is on another level. He's my favorite DT prospect since Suh.

Edited by BleedTheClock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

I thought Derrick Brown looks to me like Shaun Rogers did at his peak. Rogers was always heavier, but just in terms of how they dominate both A-Gaps and rush the passer. Like a Shaun Rogers highlight tape is what Derrick Brown does in every game.

 

I do like the Akiem Hicks comparison. That seems fair too.  I just think Derrick Brown is on another level. He's my favorite DT prospect since Suh.

That was my hesitation for Brown : Akiem Hicks or Linval Joseph but considering theirs positions and scheme (DT in a 43), i did opt for Joseph. Derrick Brown is such a monster ! We saw that once again during the Iron Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't see this one at all. Dobbins is not a brute like Carson. He just has elite contact balance. Plus, Dobbins is 5x the athlete that Carson is.

 

Maybe Mark Ingram for Dobbins ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

I know Derrick Brown is better than Linval Joseph. Though Joseph is good. Tell me another comp' instead ? I thought for NFL players, Joseph was the closest comp. Maybe a mix of Hicks and Joseph.

Joseph was a solid comp. Joseph isn't quite elite, but he might be the best of the non elite IDLs. Brown can be an elite version of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Maybe Mark Ingram for Dobbins ?

Dobbins makes LBs miss in space, Ingram goes through them. Maybe better Rashad Penny or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Mike Evans is much stronger than Higgins, i know. In term of catch radius and big target, i thought that is not a bad comp'. Joe Mixon too is bigger than Swift but the way they can affect run and pass game, that's why i made that one. And i like the Epenesa/J.Bosa or the Taylor/Chubb comps. But of course, if i chose to post it, is to receive differents opinions so you welcome.

I comp Epenesa to Justin Cowboy Smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Maybe Mark Ingram for Dobbins ?

I still feel like Dobbins is a lot more explosive.

 

My Dobbins comparison would be a prime Maurice Jones-Drew. But Dobbins is bigger and honestly, probably still faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Ruggs is faster than DJax bet

I'll bet you on that.

Waddle, on the other hand, will test faster than both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

I still feel like Dobbins is a lot more explosive.

 

My Dobbins comparison would be a prime Maurice Jones-Drew. But Dobbins is bigger and honestly, probably still faster.

During The Game they compared him to...Emmitt Smith. So, those comp' are more about the style than a projected NFL career but even if the match is nice in physical terms i can not make that one :D. MJD why not ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nastradamus said:

I comp Epenesa to Justin Cowboy Smith

For now i see him as a 43DE with the abilities to slide inside on 3rd down. BUt sure he has a body type than could make him play more inside on regular basis. Do u see him as a 34DE like Smith was ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×