Week Two: Bears (0-1) @ Bucs (0-0)

bucsfan333

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I try not to get nostalgic with the old stuff. I love it and wanna be that way again. But we've had 15 years of mediocrity since then and it hurts.

Understandable.   The only thing is I hope the last 15 years won't  prevent everyone to enjoy this ride.  This team is legit and it starts with the Qb.  He is no Freeman and this team is loaded with talent.

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I expect Martin to get the bulk of the work after the Pats game with the mini bye

He has to. We don't have a RB as good as he is. Quizz showed some wiggle and Barber got some tough yards. But Martin is both, and better at it.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Understandable.   The only thing is I hope the last 15 years won't  prevent everyone to enjoy this ride.  This team is legit and it starts with the Qb.  He is no Freeman and this team is loaded with talent.

I absolutely agree with you. We're in for a good season. I'm just glad to be around for the ride.

7 minutes ago, indifference said:

Defense balled out. I thought the pass rush was good throughout the game. Offense has room to grow though and will improve with more time.

The Bears used the quick game a lot, so it's hard to tell how effective the pass rush really was. 

We got young guys live reps, we didn't run anything too exotic defensively, gave everyone looks on offense and our kicker was consistent (even if he did miss an XP).

This was as good a performance to open a season as I can remember.

1 minute ago, Buc Ball said:

The Bears used the quick game a lot, so it's hard to tell how effective the pass rush really was. 

We got young guys live reps, we didn't run anything too exotic defensively, gave everyone looks on offense and our kicker was consistent (even if he did miss an XP).

This was as good a performance to open a season as I can remember.

Yeah. That was a complete game. We drove the ball. We gave up some on defense, but stopped them every time it mattered. And the special teams were great, sans one missed XP. 

It's really hard to complain.

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I absolutely agree with you. We're in for a good season. I'm just glad to be around for the ride.

Interesting the narrative before the game was thar the Bears were a threat and rightfully so because they really should have neater the Falcons.  Bucs ran them out of the stadium with a rather pedestrian offense.   And I know the offense won't be this average in too many games.

17 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Interesting the narrative before the game was thar the Bears were a threat and rightfully so because they really should have neater the Falcons.  Bucs ran them out of the stadium with a rather pedestrian offense.   And I know the offense won't be this average in too many games.

We also had the "are they rusty" question. It really had been almost a month since our starters played a meaningful snap.

And we had the obvious questions regarding Irma. We were all over the country a few days ago (even in Canada!!! lol). And there's so much going on outside football.

It was awesome to see our guys go out and get it. And keep getting it.

Just now, Buc Ball said:

He got worn out after a few series? Jeez, that says a lot about his conditioning, or lack of. 

That really caught me off guard. You'd expect a skill player to be in tip top shape. Especially a guy in an open competition to take over the starting spot and be a big contributor going forward.

Archived