Week Two: Bears (0-1) @ Bucs (0-0)

bucsfan333

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

That really caught me off guard. You'd expect a skill player to be in tip top shape. Especially a guy in an open competition to take over the starting spot and be a big contributor going forward.

Absolutely, I can appreciate it's a hot day and he's playing on STs too, but there's a lot to be said for having to pass up live reps because you're too tired.

I'd like to think he was just gassing and the coaching staff decided not to have him push through it when they didn't have to.

8 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Absolutely, I can appreciate it's a hot day and he's playing on STs too, but there's a lot to be said for having to pass up live reps because you're too tired.

I'd like to think he was just gassing and the coaching staff decided not to have him push through it when they didn't have to.

Special teams is something I hadn't considered. I'm sure it was hot. But he still played far less snaps than other skill position guys. 

But you're probably right. At the end of the game there's no need to push a guy when the game's over.

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I really like the post game comments. This is a team who now knows how to win. I'm expecting a big effort against the Vikings 

You heard guys say that last year they were high on beating Atlanta when we played Arizona, and just expected to win. We all know what happened.

I agree with you. Everyone seems a lot more grounded this year. And a helluva lot more hungry.

Gotta love the locker room we've put together.

35 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

You heard guys say that last year they were high on beating Atlanta when we played Arizona, and just expected to win. We all know what happened.

I agree with you. Everyone seems a lot more grounded this year. And a helluva lot more hungry.

Gotta love the locker room we've put together.

I know the whole family thing is over rated by some in the media.   However, it s establishing a  culture of accountability to one another.  We saw the first signs of it with the Winston press conference in Charlotte during his rookie year.  Full marks go to Koetter and Smith for building this environment.   This would not have happened with Lovie,  irregardless whatever changes he would have made on offense. 

The team can now handle adversity and not fold like atent.They will make mistakes this season, but I don't doubt this is a mentally tough team.  If most of the core can stay reasonably healthy, plenty of victory beers ahed.

10 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

By the looks of how week one went I'm sure a majority of the league had that problem. 

When is the last time these guys played that many snaps going full tilt?

I'm honestly surprised we didn't have more problems with conditioning and cramping. I thought we were pretty good overall.

Archived