Fanspeak OTC - 2020

onejayhawk

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Val, did you see something about this or just because we haven't moved him?

Adam Schefter said it on a podcast or show that KC wants to keep Chris Jones. He wasn't clear if that was just for this year or long term. If KC, is only trying to keep Chris Jones for the year and let him go after, I think it's a mistake; Veach should try to get fair compensation now if that's the case instead of letting him go for a comp pick next year.

13 minutes ago, Bullyball said:

Adam Schefter said it on a podcast or show that KC wants to keep Chris Jones. He wasn't clear if that was just for this year or long term. If KC, is only trying to keep Chris Jones for the year and let him go after, I think it's a mistake; Veach should try to get fair compensation now if that's the case instead of letting him go for a comp pick next year.

I agree, but I don't know that we'll get fair compensation.  I think it's safe to say he's worth a first round pick plus, just hope we don't go the Dee Ford route.  I'm also hoping the fact that no offer has been made us more about getting it right and trying to ensure we don't low ball him and piss him off.

Wonder how all this stuff comes into play, I'm guessing even if the season doesn't happen, players get paid, but what about those players without a contact.  Kind of felt that's why Derrick Henry signed his deal so fast.

4 hours ago, Bullyball said:

I just belive moving him would have already happened. 

15 hours ago, valkrei said:

I just belive moving him would have already happened. 

Val, I feel that way too, with the one caveat being if someone is hoping to get a to DL and the couple are gone, but draft day trades just always seem to be significantly less compensation.

If we were going to move him, what the Jones got for Buckner would have been nice.

Chris Jones is a better player than DeForest Buckner. Buckner's contract was extended to four years/$84 MM, so money is not necessarily a show stopper. The contract matters, of course, but I see no reason to think Jones is not worth a mid 1st round pick. In the GM draft, I thought #25 was a bit light, but the actual pick makes up for it. 

The latest rendition. Matt Miller list

32: LB KENNETH MURRAY OKLAHOMA 
63: CB NOAH IGBINOGHENE AUBURN
96: RB CAM AKERS FLORIDA STATE
138: C MATT HENNESSY TEMPLE
177: DL LARRELL MURCHISON NC STATE

J

New Jake big board.  With trade of CJ to Seahawks for their 1st and 3rd this year.  I did not replace CJ in this draft.  However, LB is a huge need and adding a solid CB to the mix will be of greater overall value unless they bust.  Not to mention the cap space to lock up PM2 and add some other vets as needed.

1A. LB kenneth Murray

1b. CB Trevon Diggs

2. OT Ben Bartch- I thought Cesar was off the board and this guy is climbing he can play G/OT

3a. C/G Cesar Ruiz can play C/G

3b. RB Clyde Edward-Helaire

4. LB Evan Weaver

5. G Solomon Kindley

Kindley seems to be overkill. Likewise Murray and Weaver. I would have been happy with one in both cases.

You cannot argue with value for the two third round picks. REH gives us a pass catching RB, which is nice. I would have liked a WR with the last pick. Even with the first four under contract, we can always use depth and there are top 100 grade WR left at #177 every time, even if the listing has them in the 200s. 

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Kindley seems to be overkill. Likewise Murray and Weaver. I would have been happy with one in both cases.

You cannot argue with value for the two third round picks. REH gives us a pass catching RB, which is nice. I would have liked a WR with the last pick. Even with the first four under contract, we can always use depth and there are top 100 grade WR left at #177 every time, even if the listing has them in the 200s. 

Ill do another later 

Round 2.

1a. LB Kenneth Murray

1b.  C/G Cesar Ruiz- even though their board shows him the 4th best I don't agree. Taking him here would be more realistic imo.

2. RB Clyde Edward-Helaire - I think this guy goes round 2 not 3, Bartch was already gone and many others I liked.

3A. S Ashtyn Davis

3b. C Matt Hennesy-

4. CB Amik Robertson

5. WR Isaiah Coulter

Your last one was better. If CEH is going to go before #96, let him go. There are still RB to be had two rounds later. It's not like we need one right away. I also think Hennesy is a bit early. 

I like the idea of Isaiah Colter. He's very skinny, but he has potential, but I have to wonder if John Hightower, Quartney Davis or Antonio Gibson were still on the board. 

J

8 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Weird. Just, weird. Fangraph-Steve list.

32: QB TUA TAGOVAILOA ALABAMA
63: DL ROSS BLACKLOCK TCU
96: CB BRYCE HALL VIRGINIA
138: RB AJ DILLON BOSTON COLLEGE
177: G CALVIN THROCKMORTON OREGON

Yea I saw Tua as well, if he is there I would either draft then trade him or Trade back surely someone would be wanting to trade up.  Not sure Ross would be there at pick 63 he is a steal at that spot. 

9 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Weird. Just, weird. Fangraph-Steve list.

32: QB TUA TAGOVAILOA ALABAMA
63: DL ROSS BLACKLOCK TCU
96: CB BRYCE HALL VIRGINIA
138: RB AJ DILLON BOSTON COLLEGE
177: G CALVIN THROCKMORTON OREGON

Yeah, that's very odd.  I certainly think at that point trading out would be the move, though Andy is the King of flipping QBs for picks.

I think people would have a hard time being upset with this draft.