BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

I mean sure but that's because you signed like 24 players in the Shark Tank, more than anyone this year, (10 of which are on this weeks active roster) because you didn't want to commit to them for more than a year. And it put you in a trade locked hell for most of the season. Some of those players will likely be ERFA/RFA as well so can be resigned easily.

It seems to be working out for you but constantly refreshing half your roster each year may not work out every time.

I've already accounted for the ones that are ERFA and RFAs. Its 43 after all of that.

But I don't intend to refresh every year. 

19 minutes ago, Counselor said:

So are we just winging it as my friend WW would say?

I don't think we're winging it, or else this would've come up at some point. It could just be another case of rules/tiebreakers and such not getting carried over to the sheets.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I don't think we're winging it, or else this would've come up at some point. It could just be another case of rules/tiebreakers and such not getting carried over to the sheets.

That was a joke. If you took offense I should slap you across both eye balls and call you dairy cow

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jlash said:

But do you know the order of deciding factors? I would like to vote on this at an owners meeting so it carries over on the sheets. I think it should be what I posted above but for some reason I thought it was records and then points differential but having it be record, division wins, head to head and then differential helps with any point shaving per say with voting. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I think this is what @SirA was saying but, unless its based on vote tallys, the #1 seed right now should be Berlin as they have a h2h win over me. At worst they're the #2 seed. 

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

But do you know the order of events? I would like to vote on this at an owners meeting so it carries over on the sheets. I think it should be what I posted above but for some reason I thought it was records and then points differential but having it be record, division wins, head to head and then differential helps with any point shaving per say with voting. 

Thats the order in which, imo, it should be. 

11 minutes ago, Counselor said:

So is it in this order for the non playoff teams (so I know for my mocking and I can stop counting up votes every Wednesday night)

Record 

Divisional Wins

Head to Head

Point Differential

Imo it should be in that order for all teams. Although I could bye the argument of flip flopping 2&3

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

And that very well may be the order that it is but I don’t see it written anywhere?

It isn't. I think there are some things we do, that we know we do, that should be listed in the rules for clarity, like this, that, maybe simply by oversight, haven't been.

Edited by wwhickok

2 hours ago, SirA1 said:

This is what the old spreadsheet tells me. The First tie breaker is Divisional wins it seems. It should be H2H but I think we have to manually account for that for the playoffs.

1 Williamsport Soul Reavers Mid & West 8 2
2 Gotham Gashslayers Atlantic 8 2
3 Berlin Blitzkrieg Europe & Africa 8 2
4 Lancaster Werewolves Atlantic 7 3
5 Singapore Sentinels Pacific 6 4
6 Ivory Coast Black Rhinos Europe & Africa 6 4
7 Cuba Smugglers Atlantic 6 4
8 New Orleans Jazz Mid & West 5 5
9 Rome Eternals Europe & Africa 5 5
10 Camden Hood Rats Atlantic 5 5
11 Antarctica Katabatic Beasts Pacific 3 6
12 Seoul Dragons Pacific 3 6