Pending free agents, who do you keep?

Kiwibrown

4 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Higgins and Schobert. Higgins' value will be depressed by our own stupidity with him this year (I hope). Schobert is not top 3 at his position but he's top 10, we have the money to not be losing that level of player.

Does Higgins want to come back though?

Obviously getting rid of Kitchens and perhaps Dorsey might help smooth things over, but maybe he’s ready to move on?

The upside is he seemed to get along well with Baker, OBJ and Landry.

16 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Does Higgins want to come back though?

Obviously getting rid of Kitchens and perhaps Dorsey might help smooth things over, but maybe he’s ready to move on?

The upside is he seemed to get along well with Baker, OBJ and Landry.

Definitely possible. But the question does who do I want to bring back rather than who I think will come back if I recall correctly.

Though, adding that, I'm gonna say Genard Avery too. Stupid WIlks/Dorsey/Freddie/whoever decided that we couldn't find play time for our 3rd best pass rusher.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Definitely possible. But the question does who do I want to bring back rather than who I think will come back if I recall correctly.

Don’t you argue facts with me sir.

5 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Though, adding that, I'm gonna say Genard Avery too. Stupid WIlks/Dorsey/Freddie/whoever decided that we couldn't find play time for our 3rd best pass rusher.

Yeah, that was a head scratcher to everyone.  Like, literally everyone.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 10:08 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh stop, Freddie had 4 all pro talents and Baker and couldn’t move the ball.

Nick Chubb and who? OBJ from 3 years ago? Landry isn't all pro caliber, being a better option than 2019 OBJ doesn't get you there. I'm guessing the other is Bitonio who I think is a bit overrated. He is good, better than above average but makes too many mistakes and gets pushed around too much to be considered a top guard in the game. Maybe you included Tretter who I honestly wouldn't debate because he was better than Pouncey who I think was all pro but I have a hunch he wasn't one you included.

Freddie failed. He changed from 2018 and it was for the worse. I do think we had better talent on defense than offense. Defensive line has a lot more talent than offensive line. Schobert is a top something MLB. Ward is a stud and Greedy was up and down but I was happy with him. We had a lot of injuries in the secondary but most of the starters/depth are at least solid from Randall/Burnett/Burris/Mitchell/Carrie... We didn't have that kind of depth (near starter level) anywhere on offense besides running back.

Meanwhile Chubb was a beast. Landry was good although up and down at times. OBJ was a below average #1 and probably an average #2 with his injury. Nothing at tight end. Nothing at either tackle. Nothing at RG. Nothing from receivers 3 through whatever. Baker was uncomfortable most of the year and played like it.

The offense could have and should have been better. Same with the defense. The offense had a lot more useless players than the defense though.

Ahhh, just remembered Hunt I'm guessing that was one of your 4 on offense. While true it's kind of a disadvantage that two of them play the same position. It's great for the team but I would trade Hunt for an all pro LT in a heartbeat and maybe even RT. Definitely RT. Maybe RG.