My First 2020 Detroit Lions Mock Offseason

Louis Delmas26

4 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'm at the point where I pretty much want to trade down regardless. (Unless Young is at #3 or Stafford's back puts his career into question.)

I'd much rather trade down and take Simmons, but some feel that he's up there with Brown as far as prospects go, especially if he runs a ridiculous 40 time at the combine.

This. I just also feel he’s so versatile that it’s something Quinn and Patricia want out of guys. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

If the Lions traded a struggling safety making $5.2M per year and then drafted an elite OLB/S prospect with a top 5 pick that can rush the passer, cover and tackle, I'd say both moves made sense.

That "struggling safety" went on to play like a pro bowler, and his replacements struggled mightily. They got next to nothing for him (basing this on what you've said your expectations of 5th round picks in the other thread) and upset the locker room, probably costing us a chance at keeping our best defensive player. The move didn't make sense at the time and it doesn't now.

I can't pretend to know enough about Simmons or many of the other potential picks yet. The irony of the potential move was just very heavy for me. 

Eh. Diggs missed four games due to injury and played in five. He had two games that were very good.

This locker room is soft. These pampered millionaires got mad when Caldwell was fired and allowed that to affect their play in 2018. I couldn't care less that trading a struggling player making $5M per year hurt their feelings.

Based on his play and performance at the time, trading him made sense.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway