Free Agency

showtime

2 hours ago, animaltested said:

Screw it, I hope Seattle signs Josh Gordon AND Antonio Brown. 

Could realistically easily fit both under the cap (even if we do sign someone like Clowney/Griffen). 

For those who might not have seen, there was a video posted of Russell Wilson and Antonio Brown practicing together recently. Josina Anderson reported shortly after that Seattle was very interested in signing AB pending his suspension with the league. 

On 7/2/2020 at 2:12 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

Could realistically easily fit both under the cap (even if we do sign someone like Clowney/Griffen). 

For those who might not have seen, there was a video posted of Russell Wilson and Antonio Brown practicing together recently. Josina Anderson reported shortly after that Seattle was very interested in signing AB pending his suspension with the league. 

I saw the alert on my phone that Wilson and Brown were working together.  I honestly wouldn't mind Brown.  He's a super low risk/high reward signing.

On 03/07/2020 at 10:45 PM, showtime said:

I saw the alert on my phone that Wilson and Brown were working together.  I honestly wouldn't mind Brown.  He's a super low risk/high reward signing.

I could definitely see that working, and what a ridiculous WR corps that would be. It's already hard to play. What is Pete's tolerance like though? For us, AB worked a treat - it took no time for him to contribute and hook up with TB, but it was just that BB said don't do X and AB went and did X, so he cut him. Is Pete likely to be the same, or will he let his antics slide? 

12 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I could definitely see that working, and what a ridiculous WR corps that would be. It's already hard to play. What is Pete's tolerance like though? For us, AB worked a treat - it took no time for him to contribute and hook up with TB, but it was just that BB said don't do X and AB went and did X, so he cut him. Is Pete likely to be the same, or will he let his antics slide? 

That's a good question.  Pete Carroll seems more like a players coach, so probably would let stuff slide.  At this point, though... you'd have to think that Antonio Brown wouldn't do anything to mess up a chance if he were to play in Seattle.  I thought the Patriots cut Brown because his sexual assault situation was really getting super heavy and they didn't want to deal with it, so they just got rid of him.  I didn't think he actually did something inappropriate in New England to get cut.

On 7/10/2020 at 1:24 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

BB said don't do X and AB went and did X, so he cut him. Is Pete likely to be the same, or will he let his antics slide? 

BB said don't have a sexual assault allegation against you or Kraft will cut you? At the end of the day it was Kraft's call and even then it took some time for the hammer to come down. 

If you're asking if our FO will let major allegations such as that one slide, I'd assume not. AB is on thin ice at this point of his career, and he should be very cognizant of that fact. If you're asking if Pete will tolerate him being a loud, boisterous teammate, that's a fair question. I imagine Pete and everyone involved would know what they're getting themselves involved with when it comes to having AB on the team, but I'd assume there will also be a threshold where his ego becomes a point of friction. 

8 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

BB said don't have a sexual assault allegation against you or Kraft will cut you? At the end of the day it was Kraft's call and even then it took some time for the hammer to come down. 

If you're asking if our FO will let major allegations such as that one slide, I'd assume not. AB is on thin ice at this point of his career, and he should be very cognizant of that fact. If you're asking if Pete will tolerate him being a loud, boisterous teammate, that's a fair question. I imagine Pete and everyone involved would know what they're getting themselves involved with when it comes to having AB on the team, but I'd assume there will also be a threshold where his ego becomes a point of friction. 

As I remember it (and I may be misremembering) it was something like stop sending texts to her (or whomever) and he carried on. The sexual assault case was ongoing when we picked him up, he just needed to stop adding fuel to the fire - which he was incapable of doing. Again, might be misremembering, but it had to have a been something extra. 

"If you're asking if our FO will let major allegations such as that one slide, I'd assume no"

I'm not. I was asking what the tolerance is to crossing red line set out. You know when you sign AB you get a boisterous controversial figure (we knew that). It's hypothetical but let's use one of his previous transgressions and say IF he live streamed a post match team talk - would it be a cut (like we would have), or just a talking to etc (Like PIT done)? 

I'm only asking this because I like SEA and want them to win the DIV by the way :) 

Edited by Hunter2_1

9 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It's hypothetical but let's use one of his previous transgressions and say IF he live streamed a post match team talk - would it be a cut (like we would have), or just a talking to etc (Like PIT done)? 

Tough to say for sure. I would personally hope that Pete draws a very clear line in the sand prior to signing him and lets him know what will not be tolerated. AB is a cat on his ninth life so if he can't walk the straight and narrow for a few months, he'll probably be forced into retirement. 

Our team has too many young, impressionable kids on it to allow AB to make a mockery of what Pete has established. It's the biggest reason why I'd almost just prefer us to bring Josh Gordon back. He was very mature, gelled with the team, and sounds hungry to reinvent himself here. 

On 7/22/2020 at 3:34 PM, showtime said:

Which you have to assume is a when not if at this point. AB still seems far to mentally unstable for me to continue endorsing at this point.