Free Agency

showtime

5 hours ago, animaltested said:

Seattle retooling the offensive line signing BJ Finney, Brandon Shell and Cedric Ogbuechi. They are different tools, not sure if they are better tools though. 

Brandon Shell is a big guy but he isn't strong. Doesn't move guys or drive his blocks and his feet aren't good either. He's all technique but even that is mediocre at best.

Maybe a change of scenery helps but he doesn't have a tool to build off of.

Man on a different forum someone posted Everson Griffen signed a 2 year $20M some odd deal, but it turned out to be a fake account :( 

That would really complete an otherwise pretty good day. Dunbar trade was atrocious for the Skins. I heard Dunbar wants a new deal and asked to be traded, so I'd have to imagine Seattle is willing to give him some sort of extension. He's 27 and really only one good year and never a full season, hopefully we don't throw too much at him (or he'll just stick around and play this season to 'prove it' which would be ideal).

19 hours ago, NFL_Announcer said:

Man on a different forum someone posted Everson Griffen signed a 2 year $20M some odd deal, but it turned out to be a fake account :( 

That would really complete an otherwise pretty good day. Dunbar trade was atrocious for the Skins. I heard Dunbar wants a new deal and asked to be traded, so I'd have to imagine Seattle is willing to give him some sort of extension. He's 27 and really only one good year and never a full season, hopefully we don't throw too much at him (or he'll just stick around and play this season to 'prove it' which would be ideal).

Hope he plays well this year, and Seattle a coup a 4th round comp pick in 2022. I would prefer extending Shaq when it comes down to it. 

23 hours ago, showtime said:

What team do you guys feel are the front runners for Clowney and what are the chances he comes back to Seattle, even if it's for a short deal?  I'm really not hearing anything about Clowney and it's puzzling.

Posted in another thread, but a poster brought up a good point that I agree with, passing a physical. It could be the major issue drying up the market. And might be further impacted by Covid19. 

https://sports-yahoo-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/clowney-still-unsigned-wonder-ll-091631332.html?usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D&amp_js_v=0.1#aoh=15854485800198&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fsports.yahoo.com%2Fclowney-still-unsigned-wonder-ll-091631332.html

Clowney and the Seahawks have expressed some mutual interest in staying together in Seattle, but that mutual interest hasn’t led to a deal, and Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times writes that some wonder if Clowney could wait until training camp to find his new team.

Clowney waited until even later than training camp last year, when he didn’t sign the franchise tag the Texans put on him and was eventually traded to the Seahawks just before the start of the regular season. Clowney may figure he showed last year that he can miss a full offseason and still get to work when the time comes, and can do it again this year.

Love some of these lower-level additions we've made. 

This Clowney situation is really unsettling. I know that after a certain date in June or July, contracts don't impact the compensatory formula. It would be a serious drag if Clowney holds out long enough to where we don't get anything for him if he signs elsewhere.