The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, I doubt they ever fight again. I think he has 1-2 fights at MW left, if Cannonier wins he definitely gets the next title shot. And then I could see him fighting the winner of the Hermansson/Till fight. After that though he will pretty much have cleared out the entire division. He's relatively new to the UFC but he's already 31 and has over 100 pro bouts under his belt across MMA, kickboxing, and boxing. 

The LHW division is pretty meh to me personally, I don't see a ton of huge fights for him there. Fighting Jones soon makes the most sense for him but I don't think he wants too. 

Izzy wants no part of Jones. That **** is all talk. Jones would ragdoll him for 5 rounds and keep him at length in the standup with those thigh kicks. I see absolutely NO route to victory for Izzy. Jones has been hit clean by much harder strikers and not even dropped to a knee. Everyone talks until Jones shuts them up. There's a reason he's the GOAT. They should overturn the Hamill fight so he has an undefeated record tbqh. That fight should've been stopped well prior to the 12-6s.

Jon Jones' takedown % in his last 5 fights before turning 30: 57%
his TD% in his last 5 fights after turning 30: 23%

JJ's strikes absorbed per minute in his last 5 fights before 30: .79
his SApM in his last 5 fights after turning 30: 2.75

JJ destroyed the old school guys by grappling, he has turned into a defensive/cautious striker

tho he is way bigger than izzy so he would prob go to his grappling 

Edited by 11sanchez11

24 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Jon Jones' takedown % in his last 5 fights before turning 30: 57%
his TD% in his last 5 fights after turning 30: 23%

JJ's strikes absorbed per minute in his last 5 fights before 30: .79
his SApM in his last 5 fights after turning 30: 2.75

JJ destroyed the old school guys by grappling, he has turned into a defensive/cautious striker

tho he is way bigger than izzy so he would prob go to his grappling 

He's also said he's chosen to stand and trade to advance his game but let's ignore that. Izzy talks A LOT of ****. Jones would kill to do to him what he did to Matyushenko.

9 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He also has 5 fights vs Daniel Cormier, Alexander Gustaffson, Anthony Smith, Thiago Santos and Dominick Reyes after turning 30. A 5 fight sample isn't much to take from, especially when all 5 are strikers that he decided not to grapple.

Jones biggest issue is that he's so confident in his abilities he just sleep walks through fights and is able to beat guys with a pretty conservative approach. When he wanted to take DC, a world class Olympic wrestler he was able too with ease. When he wanted to stand and trade with Gus, a world class kick boxer, he was able too with ease. 

I think a fight against Izzy looks like his second fight against DC. Where he comes in actually looking to send his opponent into another dimension. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Jones biggest issue is that he's so confident in his abilities he just sleep walks through fights and is able to beat guys with a pretty conservative approach. When he wanted to take DC, a world class Olympic wrestler he was able too with ease. When he wanted to stand and trade with Gus, a world class kick boxer, he was able too with ease. 

I think a fight against Izzy looks like his second fight against DC. Where he comes in actually looking to send his opponent into another dimension. 

No question. Jones went through the motions and still won fights. He's the GOAT for a reason. If Izzy keeps talking that game and actually makes it to the fight, Jon is going to send him to the underworld.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

No question. Jones went through the motions and still won fights. He's the GOAT for a reason. If Izzy keeps talking that game and actually makes it to the fight, Jon is going to send him to the underworld.

I just don't see any scenario that they fight and Jones doesn't take him down almost immediately at will, wear him out with his grappling/ground-n-pound, before finishing him after a couple of rounds. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I just don't see any scenario that they fight and Jones doesn't take him down almost immediately at will, wear him out with his grappling/ground-n-pound, before finishing him after a couple of rounds. 

Same. Izzy's new nickname after that fight would be Raggedy Ann.

Just now, NYRaider said:

The lead up to the fight would be incredible though. 

Or it could be cringeworthy. Izzy's **** talking needs A LOT of work. I think I'd be SCARED as hell if I was Izzy if all Jon did was that **** eating grin he does. That's when you know Izzy was in for a world of hurt.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Or it could be cringeworthy. Izzy's **** talking needs A LOT of work. I think I'd be SCARED as hell if I was Izzy if all Jon did was that **** eating grin he does. That's when you know Izzy was in for a world of hurt.

I just think it would be huge because they're both fan favorites, they're both extremely willing to go back-n-forth with their banter, and they'd both do an excellent job of promoting the fight to get fans excited about it. Plus aside from the banter/rivalry, we'd get to see two undefeated champions from different weight classes go at it. 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)