The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

3 hours ago, Soggust said:

I think a lot of people are still bitter over the Romero fight and not beating Jan and it has stained his image a bit, unfairly or not. He's getting Lebron treatment because he turned out to not be Jordan, if that makes sense. 

Yeah, Izzy is very good. He has pretty much cleared out the MW division, he has beaten 4/5 of the top 5 guys already.

Edited by NYRaider

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

He did dominate Woodley...but so did Burns...and Usman.

It definitely was close but you cant deny Usman has gotten alot better on the feet

He definitely has but I'm sure Colby has as well. Colby is definitely the toughest matchup for Usman at 170.

Just now, NYRaider said:

He definitely has but I'm sure Colby has as well. Colby is definitely the toughest matchup for Usman at 170.

Idk if it is really the toughest one because as on now, we have no idea how Colby wins. I still think Burns is a helluva matchup because it negates the wrestling and he has legit KO power. Colby can put on a pace but unless he takes the fight to the mat he wont win a standup battle imo. Usman was winging some big shots vs Masvidal though, if he doesnt tighten that up then Colby could level change

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk if it is really the toughest one because as on now, we have no idea how Colby wins. I still think Burns is a helluva matchup because it negates the wrestling and he has legit KO power. Colby can put on a pace but unless he takes the fight to the mat he wont win a standup battle imo. Usman was winging some big shots vs Masvidal though, if he doesnt tighten that up then Colby could level change

That is true, Colby really doesn't have the power to KO Usman. And Colby is essentially a worse version of Usman tbh. Usman is a bad man, going to be tough for anyone to beat him but I still think Colby is probably his toughest fight at 170 at the moment. If Wonderboy can beat Burns that'd be a nice fight to see. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

That is true, Colby really doesn't have the power to KO Usman. And Colby is essentially a worse version of Usman tbh. Usman is a bad man, going to be tough for anyone to beat him but I still think Colby is probably his toughest fight at 170 at the moment. If Wonderboy can beat Burns that'd be a nice fight to see. 

As much as I love Wonderboy I think eventually Usman grounds him but he's an interesting puzzle. Wouldn't hate to see it

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

As much as I love Wonderboy I think eventually Usman grounds him but he's an interesting puzzle. Wouldn't hate to see it

Agreed. Usman is such a tough matchup for anyone because he has a great chin, his striking has improved a ton, and his wrestling/cardio are so high level. Wonderboy actually does have pretty good takedown defense though so if he could stuff a few I could see his awkward striking style giving Usman some problems. 

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Speaking more to the size/durability shown of the opponent but yea definitely overrated

Other than Yoel Romero who has zero cardio and was on the decline, Costa hadn't really fought anyone with elite striking or the power to put him away. 

On 6/13/2021 at 10:44 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If not him then who? Idk what everyone expected? Nate is as durable as they come. Leon bloodied him up real good. Getting rocked wasnt ideal but Usman got dropped by Burns and no one is clamoring for that rematch

There needs to be a title eliminator. I’ve said this before but Leon hasn’t fought the greatest quality of fighter. Took 18 months off, poked belal in the eye and then beat a guy who very likely isn’t a top 12 welterweight. Fight wonderboy (who he already ducked) or burns. Or a Luque rematch. 

I’ll ask you, what is Edwards best win?

20 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

There needs to be a title eliminator. I’ve said this before but Leon hasn’t fought the greatest quality of fighter. Took 18 months off, poked belal in the eye and then beat a guy who very likely isn’t a top 12 welterweight. Fight wonderboy (who he already ducked) or burns. Or a Luque rematch. 

I’ll ask you, what is Edwards best win?

Any of his last 3 I suppose? idk, but its not like Colby's resume is all that great either and just recently lost to Usman

It isnt the best resume for sure, but lets not act like Colby has earned this rematch

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832