The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303

beekay414

Just now, BullsandBroncos said:

Chandler vs Gaethje and Dariush vs Islam. Winners fight each other for shot at the title after winner of Poirier vs Mcgregor

The winner of McGregor/Poirier is 100% getting a title shot next unless Conor wins and wants to pursue another big "super fight" instead. 

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I feel like pursuing Was to fight at 190 is a smart plan for Paul because I think the MMA guys just think they dont have to get in as great of shape to make that weight. 

In fairness though Askren was coming off of hip surgery and admittedly wasn't even training for a while before accepting the fight. 

Woodley just had a fight recently and has always been a very explosive athlete. I'm honestly surprised that he agreed to fight Woodley to be honest. And I also think that 190 is about as low as Paul would be able to go, he's a pretty big kid. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In fairness though Askren was coming off of hip surgery and admittedly wasn't even training for a while before accepting the fight. 

Woodley just had a fight recently and has always been a very explosive athlete. I'm honestly surprised that he agreed to fight Woodley to be honest. And I also think that 190 is about as low as Paul would be able to go, he's a pretty big kid. 

Well I'm not saying Paul should cut more weight, I'm saying he should fight guys that normally fight closer to 190 ala a MW

To have a WW fight at that weight and get used to fighting there is a difference. I bet they are boxing heavier than they would normally be fighting in the UFC

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Well I'm not saying Paul should cut more weight, I'm saying he should fight guys that normally fight closer to 190 ala a MW

To have a WW fight at that weight and get used to fighting there is a difference. I bet they are boxing heavier than they would normally be fighting in the UFC

That's true, the Bisping fight would've been intriguing as he's a bigger guy with solid boxing. Woodley being a little shorter with long arms might play to his advantage though as we've seen him be able to explode from weird angles and KO guys in MMA. 

5 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

You guys think Spider could take him even though he's like 45?

IIRC Silva is boxing someone in like 2 weeks at 180. But yeah, I think he'd beat Jake Paul. 

Paul has beaten another YouTuber who was tiny, Nate Robinson, and Ben Askren coming off of hip replacement. 

In all of his fights he was able to come forward and push the pace because he knew they didn't have enough power or boxing experience to KO him. 

Interested to see how he fights against Woodley because if he's coming forward like he did against Ben and Woodley slips then connects it could be over with one shot.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I'm not. One good uppercut when he tries to throw the overhand right and he's going to sleep.

Woodley was actually a champion in the UFC for a while and has put people to sleep. Askren was probably one of the worst strikers in MMA history he was just such a great wrestler that it didn't matter. Even the best fighters in the UFC didn't want to stand and trade shots with Woodley. And Woodley was able to hurt Wonderboy, one of the greatest strikers in combat sports history, multiple times. 

I don't think Jake has the power to put Woodley down with a single shot, he has a good chin.

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303