Chris Jones - Free Agent

warsawian

1 hour ago, kempus said:

Unfortunatley, thats not exactly how it works. The Colts overpaying doesnt mean other teams will overpay for Jones. There are few suitors left with the cap and assets. Teams also know we have no leverage with Jones. Highly doubtful he would play on the tag and we cant in any way afford a Buckner sized contract. Hence why I feel like that trade hurt us a lot more than it helped. 

Realistically, what teams have cap left who could be interested?

If the Colts actually overpaid, you would be right. I stand by the point that Jones is better than Buckner. 

J

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kempus said:

Unfortunatley, thats not exactly how it works. The Colts overpaying doesnt mean other teams will overpay for Jones. There are few suitors left with the cap and assets. Teams also know we have no leverage with Jones. Highly doubtful he would play on the tag and we cant in any way afford a Buckner sized contract. Hence why I feel like that trade hurt us a lot more than it helped. 

Realistically, what teams have cap left who could be interested?

I fully agree. This year, our best chances are Miami or Tampa with an outside chance of Washington, Philly, or NY Giants.

Next year we're currently estimated to have 69mil in cap space. I could see him playing on the tag this year and then we sign him and Mahomes next year. The rest of our free agent class is just okay; Kpassagnon, Reiter, Williams, Wilson, Sorenson, and Colquitt are the big names.

13 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

If the Colts actually overpaid, you would be right. I stand by the point that Jones is better than Buckner. 

J

Hopkins is better than Diggs. It doesnt work to compare deals like that. 

I dont think anyone is arguing that Jones is better, doesnt mean we will get more of a return though. Its far more complex than that.

Edited by kempus

13 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I fully agree. This year, our best chances are Miami or Tampa with an outside chance of Washington, Philly, or NY Giants.

Next year we're currently estimated to have 69mil in cap space. I could see him playing on the tag this year and then we sign him and Mahomes next year. The rest of our free agent class is just okay; Kpassagnon, Reiter, Williams, Wilson, Sorenson, and Colquitt are the big names.

I dont think Jones will play on the tag. I could be wrong, but I highly doubt he agrees to play on it.

I think you're right about Miami and Tampa. Miami have spent a hell of a lot on FAs though. Tampa, I could see. They are likely going all in these next 2 seasons.

Edited by kempus