TE sleepers????

BillSabre

In a 12 man league with every team required to carry 2 TE. There is slim pickings on the WW. I have Graham and Fleener. Graham is done.  Any low tier guys out there with any value? Anybody think David Njoku for the Browns has some value? Need some suggestions.

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Need more info. Who is available. Ppr league? If these guys are going to be in your starting lineup, a stream approach is likely best

Forge, streaming isn't an option. We only get 12 moves for the entire season. I guess I can roll with Fleener and HOPE Graham gets it together but there is a major problem there.  It is PPR and I can't really go through a list. Like I said, 12 teams with 2 per doesn't leave any maybe he's available guys. I may have to try and trade for a player.

2 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

Forge, streaming isn't an option. We only get 12 moves for the entire season. I guess I can roll with Fleener and HOPE Graham gets it together but there is a major problem there.  It is PPR and I can't really go through a list. Like I said, 12 teams with 2 per doesn't leave any maybe he's available guys. I may have to try and trade for a player.

There would be nobody I would take over Graham at this point, so with move limitations, I'd be holding steady. Keep an eye on some of the tight ends and if one starts to break out a little and you think it's likely to continue, pounce,  but in a league that shallow, nobody you're going to find (right now), would pose the same kind of upside as Graham (theoretically). I'd actually look to dump Fleener before Graham right now. In 6 weeks? Could be different. But I'm not ready to call it quits on Graham quite yet.

But some guys to keep your eye on:

Ben Watson. A little long in the tooth, but had a nice game last week, and should be the main TE.

Definitely keep an eye on Njoku. Little early to move on him in my opinion, but obviously there's a ton of talent there.

George Kittle. The 49er offense has yet to get going, but he's the starting TE and gets most reps. Hoyer is also an underneath checkdown king. He has the ability to stretch the field a bit for a tight end, and the team likes to use him on screens and the like as well. That's also a team without a viable red zone target on the outside, so should the offense ever come together a little bit, he could be a deep sleeper.

Austin Sefarian Jenkins. If we are talking shallow availability with some minor upside, he's through his suspension I believe, the starting tight end for a team taht is going to be trailing the entire season and will have to throw a lot.

Gerald Everett. He's probably already gone in your league, and I think he's a little hobbled right now, but he's flashed some big time potential.

48 minutes ago, Forge said:

But some guys to keep your eye on:

Ben Watson. A little long in the tooth, but had a nice game last week, and should be the main TE.

Definitely keep an eye on Njoku. Little early to move on him in my opinion, but obviously there's a ton of talent there.

George Kittle. The 49er offense has yet to get going, but he's the starting TE and gets most reps. Hoyer is also an underneath checkdown king. He has the ability to stretch the field a bit for a tight end, and the team likes to use him on screens and the like as well. That's also a team without a viable red zone target on the outside, so should the offense ever come together a little bit, he could be a deep sleeper.

Austin Sefarian Jenkins. If we are talking shallow availability with some minor upside, he's through his suspension I believe, the starting tight end for a team taht is going to be trailing the entire season and will have to throw a lot.

Gerald Everett. He's probably already gone in your league, and I think he's a little hobbled right now, but he's flashed some big time potential.

All available. I just have a feeling about Njoku blowing up to some degree. Can we agree Graham is droppable? Cut ties and move on or wait and see? Thanks for the response.

just saw your thoughts on Graham.  Definitely not dropping Fleener right now. Graham has done nothing and Fleener has. Graham is out until further notice. Fleener is on bye week 5 so something's gotta give by then. 

10 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

All available. I just have a feeling about Njoku blowing up to some degree. Can we agree Graham is droppable? Cut ties and move on or wait and see? Thanks for the response.

just saw your thoughts on Graham.  Definitely not dropping Fleener right now. Graham has done nothing and Fleener has. Graham is out until further notice. Fleener is on bye week 5 so something's gotta give by then. 

Yep, Fleener's play allows you to just bench Graham for the time being and wait to see what develops. Wilson is a notoriously slow starter. The only problem for you is that in the last two year,s he hasn't come alive until weeks 8 and 10 really, which is well after the bye week for Fleener. But I think by that point, you can make a judgment. Can watch his targets and shares, things like that.  A 4 week sample is much better than a 2 week one, particularly when he got a bit banged up in the last one.

2 hours ago, G-McDog said:

I got J Graham, am getting a bit feed up with him not performing. Should I just drop him, or is Henry, Hooper, Fleener, or Engram worth going for? Standard NFL.com league!

For you i'd pick up Henry immediately (and try to hold graham if you have an extra roster spot)

For the OP i'd hold steady, with only 12 moves per year there's no point in wasting one if there isn't much on the wire. Fleener is a solid option until Graham gets healthy.

Archived