Covid-19 Mock

KimuraGod

Free Agency: 

Jadavon Clowney Edge 1yr $14m. We bring him in on a 1yr deal as he wants to test the market next year after hopefully dominating and putting up big numbers for us. I’d prefer a longer term deal but it looks like Clowney wants $20m annually which we won’t pay as of yet. 

Jameis Winston QB 1yr $8m. We need a backup qb and we go the same route like we did with TB a couple of years ago. Young talented qb who we can bring in and see what happens. Best case scenario he has a good TC and preseason and we trade him for a pick. If not we get a talented albeit streaky backup qb capable of winning games. Unlike the dross we had last year. 

Eric Reid SS 1yr $3m. Provides some depth and insurance in case Adams or Maye get injured. Was strange seeing the deal for Christian get cancelled so we bring in a solid vet who’s capable of starting in 3 safety packages. 

Trades:

2021 5th Round pick (will be a 4th if still on roster in 2021) - Brandon Cooks WR. His bonus has been paid now and we swoop in and offer up a conditional pick next year. Great if healthy, waste of a 2021 5th if not. Worth a gamble in my book. 

Avery Williamson, a 2020 5th round pick and a 2021 7th for Trent Williams. Apparently Washington have lessened their demands for TW but we give them a very good leader to man their line backing core and also a couple of picks to sweeten the deal. TW becomes our franchise LT. 

Brian Winters for #221 LAC. Winters will be shopped around come draft time I imagine and I can see a team willing to part with a late round pick for an experienced player like Winters. 

#48 & #79 for SF’s #31. Trade up to secure of long term pass rusher. 

#120 & #211 for Jax #137 & #140. Jacksonville trade up for a falling qb. 

Draft:

1.(11) Jerry Judy, WR, Alabama. 6’1 192lbs. Elite route runner who had the skills that will transcend over to the pros effortlessly well. Really like all the top three wide receivers but JJ just edges it for me. 

1.(31) Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge, Penn State. 6’5 265lbs. This guy becomes our future pass rushing star (🤞🏻) Elite size and length plus great motor and conditioning. Could blossom to a 10+ sack guy fairly quickly. 

3.(68) Saahdiq Charles, OT, LSU. 6’4 320lbs. Charles has a really good skill set but needs to bulk up a touch and work on some aspects to his game, he does however have the athleticism and potential we are looking for. He’s only 20 so lots of room for growth. 

4.(137) Van Jefferson, WR, Florida. 6’2 200lbs. Really like his game tape and the only thing keeping him back is the fact he’s really good at a lot of things but doesn’t ‘flash’ that will make him a higher pick. He will also turn 24 when the season starts. His father is our receiver coach so he should hit the ground running. 

4.(140) Reggie Robinson, CB, Tulsa. 6’1 205lbs. Blew up the combine with great speed and size. I think we could develop him and ease him in over the year. Ideally would be Desir’s long term replacement. 

6.(192) Darrynton Evans, RB, App State. 5’10 205lbs. A sleeper prospect with great speed and patience. Has the ability to be a three down back so great to learn from one on the best in Lev Bell. 

7.(221) Lamar Jackson, CB, Nebraska. 6’2 210lbs. Another sleeper player i really like. Great size and frame with long arms. He is a very developmental prospect but like Robinson drafted before him and Bless Austin they have the size to match up against outside receivers. Let them all compete and get better. 

Depth Chart: 

Qb- Darnold, Winston

Rb- Bell, Adams, Evans

Wr- Jeudy, Perriman, Smith

Slot- Crowder, Enunwa

Wr- Cooks, Jefferson, Doctson

Te- Herndon, Griffin, Wesco 

Lt- Williams, Charles

Lg- Lewis, Andrews

C- McGovern, Harrison

Rg- Van Roten, Braden

Rt- Fant, Edoga

De- Williams, Phillips

Nt- Fatukasi, McLendon

De- Anderson, Shepherd

Olb- Clowney, Basham

Ilb- Mosley, Hewitt, Onwuasor, Cashman

Olb- Jenkins, Gross-Matos, Willis

Cb- Desir, Robinson, Hairston

Slot- Poole

Cb- Austin, Maulet, Jackson

Fs- Maye, Farley

Ss- Adams, Reid

K- Ficken

P-Edwards

Edited by xenajets

Nice to see a new offensive line player being mocked. I’m becoming less and less excited about the big 4 OT. If we stay put, I like us taking a WR. I’m still not sure which WR I like most, but I’d be thrilled with any of the top 3. 

In this scenario, our offensive skill group looks awesome. 

• Like 1

There's just no way we could afford all of this. Cook's is 12 mill,  Williams wil get.... 14 minimum.   Clowney is 14, Jameis 8, plus we'd have to pay kicker and punter and draft class. 

As far as the draft class I like Jeudy and then that's about it.   Not a fan of trading up for gross-matos, or trading up at all really.   Charles doesn't really fit our blocking scheme. I do like van.    I like Evans but think he'll be gone before the 6th

15 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

There's just no way we could afford all of this. Cook's is 12 mill,  Williams wil get.... 14 minimum.   Clowney is 14, Jameis 8, plus we'd have to pay kicker and punter and draft class. 

As far as the draft class I like Jeudy and then that's about it.   Not a fan of trading up for gross-matos, or trading up at all really.   Charles doesn't really fit our blocking scheme. I do like van.    I like Evans but think he'll be gone before the 6th

Removing Williamson, Bellamy, Winters and the post Tru cut saves us approx $20m. Iv also toyed with the idea of trading Anderson which would generate another $8m. That’s will pay for Cooks and Jameis. Worst case scenario I wouldn’t sign Jameis but I feel we could allocate the funds necessary for the moves I made. 

What don’t you like about Gross-Matos/Charles? 

22 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Removing Williamson, Bellamy, Winters and the post Tru cut saves us approx $20m. Iv also toyed with the idea of trading Anderson which would generate another $8m. That’s will pay for Cooks and Jameis. Worst case scenario I wouldn’t sign Jameis but I feel we could allocate the funds necessary for the moves I made. 

What don’t you like about Gross-Matos/Charles? 

Once all contracts are factored in, our current cap space is about $8M. Overthecap is currently missing a few big contracts. If we cut/trade Winters, Williamson and Bellamy our cap space would be roughly 25 million. That doesn’t include in the Tru cut but also doesn’t include the draft picks.

I guess I don't really dislike Charles per see,  I'd just really like to address the position earlier.   He also missed time with disciplinary stuff so he doesn't seem like a JD guy. 

With gross-matos I think he's pure protection.   Could end up being really good but he is raw,  and never proved his athleticism st thr combine or at a pro day.   If we're trading up there I'd prefer it be for someone like Austin Jackson or Josh Jones. 

Like the draft a lot. 

Rams won’t trade Cooks unless they get salary relief, they lose cap space by trading him. 

I hate to speak in absolutes because I’m not omniscient but we aren’t trading for Trent Williams. 

Clowney overplaying his hand. Take a short deal, prove yourself and make bank next year or become a mercenary and just take 1 year fully guaranteed deals and collect.

Like the Winston signing, perfect back up. He can win you a game or lose you a game(most backups lose anyway)

Reid signing here is doubtful. He supports Kaep, Woody is on the Trump administration. It’s just wouldn’t work.