Quarantined Off-Season Wrap

GWH87

1 hour ago, GWH87 said:

So are you in favor or trading up then? With how teams have moved players this off season there are no 1st rnd or early 2nd grade WRs that will be there for us at 30, a run will be made on them due to the class depth.

There are plenty of articles supporting the Packers interest in Muse, I wasn’t in favor of it until I started watching tape on him. If we select a DL prospect that can stuff the run it A) keeps them free to make plays B) Allows our edge guys to do their damage.

Not sure why we’d be opposed to Hamilton, he’s known as a run stuffer now, with NFL coaching and more playing time he’d be a wrecking ball with Clark the pass rush is coming. Who’s more talented in the late 2nd on the dline? Or even early 2nd for that matter, only one I’ll give time to is Blacklock.

Who do you propose over Barth? In the middle rounds its a cr@pshoot on talent, I didn’t draft due to story I drafted on skill set that will translate, mobility, heavy hands and a nasty kid that wants to be coached up (pretty sure the staff can do that)

WR: Tae will have his island, we just signed Fuchs to go with Lazard opposite him in a rotation. We will be drafting WRs to play a slot or specific skill set roll now which is the smart play because after Mims there isn’t anything I want to touch until late 3rd. Pittman is nice but a duplicate of Lazard so not sure why they’d do that.

Appreciate the conversation

I could write for awhile on this, but (work) my cliff note summary is this draft feels like it lacks long term answers and just solves niche problems (rover S, a run stuffing DL).These are not high impact positions, and we'd just be more of less drafting nice pieces (round 1/2) when we have long term needs at OT/CB/WR/Love. I'm more in on a OT/CB/Love/Baun in R1. I feel like someone will be there end of round 2... like a DPJ, Hamler, Ayiuk) (in addition, we already tried and still have pieces from the shotgun mid round approach at WR, we need quality). 

3 hours ago, GWH87 said:

So are you in favor or trading up then? With how teams have moved players this off season there are no 1st rnd or early 2nd grade WRs that will be there for us at 30, a run will be made on them due to the class depth.

I just don't see moving up in the first round to be a prudent move unless you're getting insane value in return.  If you want to make any sort of substantial jump, you're going to have to include our second round.  According to the TVC, our first two picks to the ~18th pick.  Are you going to tell me that the player you pick at 18 is going to be better than 30 and 62?  Unless you're looking at a guy who was graded out as several tiers ahead would I even consider it.  But the bigger issue is that if you do trade up, what position are you willing to neglect?  Because then you go from picking at say 18 all the way until 94.  You're definitely going to pass multiple tiers of players between those picks.

7 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I could write for awhile on this, but (work) my cliff note summary is this draft feels like it lacks long term answers and just solves niche problems (rover S, a run stuffing DL).These are not high impact positions, and we'd just be more of less drafting nice pieces (round 1/2) when we have long term needs at OT/CB/WR/Love. I'm more in on a OT/CB/Love/Baun in R1. I feel like someone will be there end of round 2... like a DPJ, Hamler, Ayiuk) (in addition, we already tried and still have pieces from the shotgun mid round approach at WR, we need quality). 

Well in the long term here is what you’re missing:

Chinn isn’t just a rover, he’s the option that allows us to move on from Amos whenever that happens (Savage & Chinn futures duo)

Hamilton being referred to as a run stuffer only is a short sighted argument for somebody arguing long term investments

Not sure how either of these WRs match what we’ve drafted recently? So their skill set is what our current roster lacks, mainly guys that can get open and catch the ball outside of Tae. Do we need to que MVS clips? Or Allison? 

Only gadget player drafted could be Muse because he’ll play two roles but as others called out we function most of the time with more safeties on the field that LBs.

This draft is a solid investment in future development with initial impact in niche areas needed. Picks 30 & 62 aren’t netting you quality I hate to break it to you. That’s found inside top 15-20 picks