Vikings FFMD20 War Room

RpMc

Michael Ojemudia Iowa, ran a 4.45 40 at 6-1 200 pounds.  Not sure who makes these lists of rankings but is listed at a safety here, never thought of him as a safety because he is so good in press man coverage and has good feet. But if he can switch back to safety could be a great pickup and option for the Vikings in the 4th or later.  Has good size and plays with good range and can obviously cover, probably has average coverage skills as a CB but potentially above average for a safety if one puts him there. 

Not to mention Myles Bryant who is rated as the 35th best CB?  Who makes this list?  That kid can ball, has a lot of similarities to standout CB Bryon Murphy from last year, physically is built similar and moves a lot like him, quick and agile DB on the smaller size, Bryant is 5-8 which could be a problem for some, but not quite as good as a pure CB as Murphy.  Bryant plays more in the slot and in range at safety. He can move around from back deep to around the line, is very good in coverage and can tackle in space and play the slot which he could be great at, arguably one of the best slot defenders in this draft.  He might be another option as a versatile safety if one puts him there.  Way underrated if people are just going on these pre rankings to select players.

Still a massive fan of Chris Miller and he is not even on that FFMD ranking, kid can ball and shows it quickly here at the 20 second mark.

The more Jonah Jackson falls the better value he becomes, kid can play.

9dbO4aZ.gif

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I didn't even realize we did draft Darrell Taylor! Wooooooo

Like I said, he was on my short list - after Khalid Kareem went, I got a bit nervous, but when Taylor was there at our slot, I jumped at him.

For those that love Darrell Taylor.  Yes he looks awesome in a highlight tape, but game in and game out if you watch him he absolutely disappears and more often than not looks totally disinterested in making the tackle unless it is a sack.  His sack numbers line up pretty close to his TFL numbers.  Usually that is not a good thing.  That means when he wins and beats a guy he gets a sack and a TFL combined, but he is not consistently getting into the backfield and it shows.  Most of the top pass rushers have around 20 more TFLs than sacks usually, or at least twice the number, say you have 10 sacks you should have 20 TFLs, Taylor is only +5  in three years.  

He does not win consistently and if a OT can get a hold of him he does not get off the block all that well.  Does not dip down or use his hands great, but maybe they played him out of position at times using him as a standup OLB.   Which the more I watch him, yeah he wants little to do with tackling in space consistently.  That is also shown by his very low tackle number.  Kenny had almost 100 more tackles than he did in a three year career.

Talented kid sure, but would have been really curious how he actually would have done at the combine, and his effort on the field play in and play out I seriously question.  Say he ran a 4.9 40 at the combine, he still gets picked here?  Hard to say, but sure specific plays he looks great and explosive, but his consistency is a massive question mark and seems to really struggle getting off blocks.

31 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

For those that love Darrell Taylor.  Yes he looks awesome in a highlight tape, but game in and game out if you watch him he absolutely disappears and more often than not looks totally disinterested in making the tackle unless it is a sack.  His sack numbers line up pretty close to his TFL numbers.  Usually that is not a good thing.  That means when he wins and beats a guy he gets a sack and a TFL combined, but he is not consistently getting into the backfield and it shows.  Most of the top pass rushers have around 20 more TFLs than sacks usually, or at least twice the number, say you have 10 sacks you should have 20 TFLs, Taylor is only +5  in three years.  

He does not win consistently and if a OT can get a hold of him he does not get off the block all that well.  Does not dip down or use his hands great, but maybe they played him out of position at times using him as a standup OLB.   Which the more I watch him, yeah he wants little to do with tackling in space consistently.  That is also shown by his very low tackle number.  Kenny had almost 100 more tackles than he did in a three year career.

Talented kid sure, but would have been really curious how he actually would have done at the combine, and his effort on the field play in and play out I seriously question.  Say he ran a 4.9 40 at the combine, he still gets picked here?  Hard to say, but sure specific plays he looks great and explosive, but his consistency is a massive question mark and seems to really struggle getting off blocks.

Where do you watch all your film Ozzy?

10 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

Where do you watch all your film Ozzy?

Most of it is during the season watching games every Saturday and I watch players regardless of class.  I have been watching Taylor for three years waiting for him to break out and become a more elite level talent.  Sure youtube helps brush up on things from time to time or on games I might have missed.  Especially when summer roles around.  

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Most of it is during the season watching games every Saturday and I watch players regardless of class.  I have been watching Taylor for three years waiting for him to break out and become a more elite level talent.  Sure youtube helps brush up on things from time to time or on games I might have missed.  Especially when summer roles around.  

Do you have like 10 games on at a time?

We are up, small run on receivers that I would expect to continue

Any players of glaring draft value that you have left on your personal boards?

118. DEN - Leki Fotu (IDL) Utah
119. ATL - Calvin Throckmorton (OL) Oregon
120. NYJ - Devin Duvernay (WR) Texas
121. CIN - Damien Lewis (RG) LSU
122. IND - Brycen Hopikins (TE) Purdue
123. MIA - Jonah Jackson (G) Ohio State
124. PIT - Alex Highsmith (EDGE) UNC Charlotte
125. TB - Reshard Lawrence (IDL) LSU
126. KC - Zack Moss (RB) Utah
127. PHI - Van Jefferson (WR) Florida
128. BUF - Collin Johnson (WR) Texas
129. BAL - Brandon Jones (S) Texas
130. NO - KJ Hill (WR) Ohio State
131. ARI - Julian Blackmon (S) Utah

35 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

Do you have like 10 games on at a time?

I have a quick remote finger, watch maybe 12-15 games a day on Saturday.  Flipping around between 2-4 games for the slot time and there are 3 or 4 different TV game slot times throughout the day.

5 minutes ago, RpMc said:

We are up, small run on receivers that I would expect to continue

Any players of glaring draft value that you have left on your personal boards?

118. DEN - Leki Fotu (IDL) Utah
119. ATL - Calvin Throckmorton (OL) Oregon
120. NYJ - Devin Duvernay (WR) Texas
121. CIN - Damien Lewis (RG) LSU
122. IND - Brycen Hopikins (TE) Purdue
123. MIA - Jonah Jackson (G) Ohio State
124. PIT - Alex Highsmith (EDGE) UNC Charlotte
125. TB - Reshard Lawrence (IDL) LSU
126. KC - Zack Moss (RB) Utah
127. PHI - Van Jefferson (WR) Florida
128. BUF - Collin Johnson (WR) Texas
129. BAL - Brandon Jones (S) Texas
130. NO - KJ Hill (WR) Ohio State
131. ARI - Julian Blackmon (S) Utah

Michael Ojemudia same with Myles Bryant are two of the higher rated players.  And like I said both could maybe be safety types potentially, Bryant is more a slot corner though.

Most of the good OG are gone, these are two, Williams can play center also but I think he might be better at guard, is a better athlete.  Stenberg is a great run blocking but probably not a scheme fit.

Logan Stenberg Kentucky RS
Darryl Williams Miss State RS

Then these guys and Pinter/ Molchon fit athletically no question, especially Pinter but not sure they are of good value here, and Onwenu is a later round guy also.

Danny Pinter Ball State
Michael Onwenu Michigan
John Molchon Boise State

At receiver I still really like Gabriel Davis, kid can run and has great hands, KJ Hill is more a slow receiver but has great toughness and hands as well.  Cephus is faster than he shown at the combine and has big play potential as well.  Some good ILBs around but we do not really need that.

Gabriel Davis UCF JR
KJ Hill Ohio State
Quinetz Cephus Wisconsin RS JR

16 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I'm definitely down with Davis - I like the refinement in Quartney Davis' game as well.

Gabriel is a better competitor and Quartney should have really went back to A&M for another season.  Good slot potential and agility but might be a little high for him here.  

13 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Went with Gabriel as I agree, he's more ready and can stretch the field for us - we are off the clock for a bit until pick #160 (currently on 133), thanks for the help to this point.

Solid. I think we have a ton of flexibility going forward to take BPA and fill out some depth