Vikings FFMD20 War Room

RpMc

1 minute ago, battle2heaven said:

who do you like here?

At 105? Going through some options, I really would have liked to add Gibson from Memphis as a slot weapon, kick returner, and devlopmental explosive running back - I see Cordarrelle Patterson in him, and I'd want to work him at RB

Looking at slot receiver options, don't love the safeties here (still looking at trading for a vet), looking at some edge players too.

The trade up for #214 was just to get Stephen off the roster to better fit Tevin Coleman on the roster.

24 minutes ago, RpMc said:

At 105? Going through some options, I really would have liked to add Gibson from Memphis as a slot weapon, kick returner, and devlopmental explosive running back - I see Cordarrelle Patterson in him, and I'd want to work him at RB

Looking at slot receiver options, don't love the safeties here (still looking at trading for a vet), looking at some edge players too.

The trade up for #214 was just to get Stephen off the roster to better fit Tevin Coleman on the roster.

Got it. When is 105 on the clock?

2 hours ago, RpMc said:

Gibson was chosen earlier in the 3rd 

3 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

What edge players and safeties are left on the board? 

Pretty thin on safeties, likely none that come in and help from day one - I've got one player in mind as an edge guy that fits our mold

Safeties that have been selected:

McKinney
Winfield
Dugger
Chinn
Delpit
Davis
Wallace

6 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Pretty thin on safeties, likely none that come in and help from day one - I've got one player in mind as an edge guy that fits our mold

Safeties that have been selected:

McKinney
Winfield
Dugger
Chinn
Delpit
Davis
Wallace

Wallace was probably the last one that could come in and start right away. Burgess is still available and he’s not bad though! A lot of big boards have him ranked higher 

Some guys who have not been picked yet, a few would fit well.  Still shocked Jonah Jackson is around he might be worth looking at for OG depth alone.

Jonah Jackson Ohio State SR OG
Michael Ojemudia Iowa RS SR CB
Joe Bachie Michigan State SR ILB
Albert Okwuegbunam Missouri RS JR TE
Markus Bailey Purdue RS SR LB
Leki Fotu Utah SR DT
Evan Weaver Cal SR ILB
Nick Harris Washington SR C
Myles Bryant Washington SR CB
AJ Dillion Boston College JR RB
Alex Highsmith Charlotte RS SR OLB
Jake Fromm Georgia JR QB
Antonio Gandy-Golden Liberty SR WR
Saahdig Charles LSU JR OT/OG
Shaquille Quarterman Miami FL SR ILB
Trey Adams Washington RS SR OT
Rashard Lawrence LSU SR DT/DE
Chris Orr Wisconsin RS SR ILB
Tony Pride Jr Notre Dame JR CB
Brycen Hopkins Purdue RS SR TE
Shane Lemieux Oregon RS SR OG
Bravvion Roy Baylor SR DT
Damien Lewis LSU SR OG
AJ Green Ok State SR CB/S
Darrell Taylor Tennessee RS SR OLB/DE
Darrion Daniels Nebraska SR DT
Zach Moss Utah SR RB
Thaddeus Moss LSU RS SOPH TE
Jonathan Garvin Miami FL JR DE
Kenny Willekes Michigan State RS SR DE
Khalil Davis Nebraska SR DE/DT
 KJ Hill Ohio State SR WR
David Woodward Utah State RS JR ILB
Josiah Scott Michigan State JR CB
Julian Blackmon Utah SR S
 Darryl Williams Miss State RS OG/C
Jacob Phillips LSU JR LB
Chris Miller Baylor SR S
Willie Gay Jr Miss State JR ILB
Jon Runyan Michigan RS SR OT/OG
Logan Stenberg Kentucky RS SR OG
Harrison Bryant FAU SR TE
Carlos Davis Nebraska RS SR DT
Darnay Holmes UCLA RS JR CB
Antoine Brooks Jr Maryland SR S/LB
Gabriel Davis UCF JR WR
Alex Taylor South Carolina State SR OT
 Donovan People-Jones Michigan JR WR
Robert Windsor Penn State RS SR DT
Solomon Kindley Georgia RS JR
Joshua Kelley UCLA RS SR RB

At receiver I would love Gabriel Davis late 3rd round or 4th.  Kid can burn and has a great work ethic, awesome hands and just knows how to play the position.  Watch he will be picked in the next few selections before the Vikings.

These guys would be interesting as rush ends, Willekes is a dude and uses his hands very well but does have a little injury history.  Garvin could be a special player and is a special athlete no question.  Garvin did not have a great combine but on the field I think he has very good athletic ability and upside as a edge rusher.

Kenny Willekes Michigan State RS
Jonathan Garvin Miami FL JR
Khalid Kareem Notre Dame

These safeties are more hitters and strikers, potentially more a SS around the line of scrimmage, outside of Miller he comes from range with force and is good in space tackling and does not need to be around the line always. 

Chris Miller Baylor
Alohi Gilman Notre Dame RS JR
Antoine Brooks Jr Maryland
Tanner Muse Clemson RS

These two safeties are more FS types who have range in coverage and good ball skills, especially Blackmon who was a corner before.

Julian Blackmon Utah
JR Reed Georgia RS

Does depend on if Harrison Smith wants to play FS or SS.  If he does not mind moving back to more of a FS deep coverage role Gilman, Miller or Brooks would be great.  Brooks especially because he can play in the slot in dime and really well around the line of scrimmage, almost a smaller LB, Muse the say way better around the line of scrimmage.

Just now, marshpit23 said:

Antonio Gandy-Golden Liberty SR WR 

I love him as well but I think we need some speed and deep threat ability and Gabriel Davis could be that.  But Gandy-Golden would be awesome, love his jump ball ability and overall hands, his highlight film is very impressive.  

18 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I love him as well but I think we need some speed and deep threat ability and Gabriel Davis could be that.  But Gandy-Golden would be awesome, love his jump ball ability and overall hands, his highlight film is very impressive.  

Could be the (Or one of the) steal(s) of the draft.   Someday, in the near future, we could be comparing him to the first round WR’s from this class. I just have a sneaky feeling that he will be that good. 

29 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I do like Muse for us, but definitely more as a cover back type, and likely more towards the round five-ish given that we don't necessarily have a need at LB.

Watching him more he could maybe with help be a safety in the league but yeah he is probably a OLB with coverage skills most likely.  Is much better around the line of scrimmage and blitzing than way back deep in coverage, but in the right system could be a SS possibly.   His combine was crazy impressive though compared to other safeties, only reason I would maybe entertain him working at safety for a little just to see.  Among safeties who participated at the combine was 2nd in the 40 at 4.41 and 7th in bench press with 20, very solid for a dude 6-2 227.

Brooks is similar to a guy who might be a OLB but is a little better in space, much better tackling in space but his deep coverage I question but around the line of scrimmage and in the slot he is very productive as a tackler.  

Currently and in real life the safety spot is a massive hole for the team, no real backups even much less starters in his simulation outside of one.