Vikings FFMD20 War Room

RpMc

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Your call on this one, I would love any of these dudes but really hard to pass on a OG right now I think.  

Jonah Jackson Ohio State GS
Netane Muti Fresno State RS JR

Tyler Biadasz Wisconsin RS JR
James Lynch Baylor JR DE/DT
Jabari Zuniga Florida SR DE

Would love AJ Dillon the tank but with Coleman on the team that is out of the question now ;o)

Of these options, I’d go with Jonah

Edited by marshpit23

10 hours ago, marshpit23 said:

Of these options, I’d go with Jonah

I do think there is a rat somewhere but whatever I guess.

Netane Muti and Tyler Biadasz are both gone so no big surprise there after posting this.  Will see if there is a OG around but doubt it with 10 picks away.  

7 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

Man I've missed out on this. This looks like it has been pretty entertaining. 

What round are looking to address Safety?

There is a safety that might be interesting that some might not be looking at in this round, not sure I should bring him up because he could be picked.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

There is a safety that might be interesting that some might not be looking at in this round, not sure I should bring him up because he could be picked.  

This is where smokescreens come in. Post about a guy you don't want and see who takes the bait. Meanwhile, the Vikings GM should know the scout's real information. Direct message.

5 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

This is where smokescreens come in. Post about a guy you don't want and see who takes the bait. Meanwhile, the Vikings GM should know the scout's real information. Direct message.

It is a tough call, because the discussion publicly can be good, productive and of interesting.

But Winfield Jr is one example, Dugger is another example, then Akers/Edwards Helaire is another example, then Claypool after that and now Muti and Biadasz.  And like I said to the man, this FFMD page is the most viewed of any team on this website right now, I looked.  Maybe that is just me, or maybe one is getting eyes on it.  Or people are just going off the rankings provided potentially among looking at multiple 7 round mocks myself and others have already made.

Oh well, I guess it is just the stupid internet and who gives a damn I suppose.

PS one TE off the board in 78 picks or so.  That is nuts, could get some crazy value there no doubt about it but sadly it is not a huge need.  Maybe get a blocking TE combo, I was pretty impressed with Adam Trautman on the sled at the combine after they took it away.  On the field he has good quick twitch, not amazing combine numbers but is fundamentally a rock, very tough and has great hands.  I would take a flyer on him after the OG is address, that kid can ball and be a third TE/blocker.  Really knows how to hold the block then go out for a pass which he could be asked to do a lot in this offense.  Could go Pinkney more as a blocker but Trautman is more complete overall.  Seems like a super kid, great communicator and a competitor.  

I've got a prearranged deal with Detroit in the works to flip a 7th round pick with them for pick #85 to move up and get someone that's been discussed on this board if they are still there.

As for the nature of FFMD, it is what it is, it's designed to promote forum engagement - in the past, teams have developed codes, or created spreadsheets that assign a letter/number to specific prospects so they can be discussed openly.

It is supposed to be relatively transparent to promote anyone who might just want to jump in on a given day the chance to be able to contribute.

Edited by RpMc
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I've got a prearranged deal with Detroit in the works to flip a 7th round pick with them for pick #85 to move up and get someone that's been discussed on this board if they are still there.

As for the nature of FFMD, it is what it is, it's designed to promote forum engagement - in the past, teams have developed codes, or created spreadsheets that assign a letter/number to specific prospects so they can be discussed openly.

It is supposed to be relatively transparent to promote anyone who might just want to jump in on a given day the chance to be able to contribute.

True, I am just paranoid I guess and it does seem like a pattern.  Discuss things freely though if you want, because it is more fun that way regardless of what happens.  People can give opinions but you make the final choice when it all comes down to it.  

For sure up coming pick OG absolutely should be priority, that or a speed receiver.  

Will throw it out there I discussed it with you already and said it.  Tanner Muse, seems like he is a OLB and a convert player, but honestly I thought that about Harrison Smith at times on Notre Dame.  Muse tested great physically, is a good hitter but yes I do question him in coverage at times but did with Harrison as well.  Not sure I take him 3rd round but he would fill a safety need and maybe Harrison could team him a thing or two.  I would not do it now but maybe late 3rd round possibly if he is there still.  He is an option and worse case becomes a standout OLB in coverage.

• Like 1

Here is a Q.  Can Jack Driscoll and Saahdig Charles play OG.  I think absolutely, Driscoll moves crazy well for a tackle I think, really impressed with his side to side work for his size.  Could play OT but I think could be a monster OG and might be a decent option.  Charles as well, was not super impressed with him at OT this past season but physically he is athletic and I think could be a beast OG.  Same with Calvin Throckmorton, struggles at OT but could be a good OG but is a notch below Driscoll and Charles.

Logan Stenberg is a great run blocker but might not be a fit for a zone blocking scheme, but is a tough strong kid however possibly not a fit.  Damien Lewis I really like on LSU and he is arguably better this past year as Cushenberry.  Shane Lemieux is another very talented OG who could be a decent 3rd or better yet 4th round value.  

Danny Pinter and John Molchon are two smaller school guys but both athletic guards and could be decent in this system but might lack the power needed and not sure one needs more OL lacking ability to handle power like Bradbury did last year.

Greetings from a bright and wonderful desolate wasteland -- Cleveland, Ohio.

Kevin Stefanski sends his regards.

We seek to move up from 91 to 88.

We're open to hearing what you'd have in mind in terms of compensation in return for moving down a few spots.

Some things we have to offer are the following, but am definitely open to hearing your ideas and considering other assets in exchange.

Te'von Coney LB acquired via trade, a pick Swap in the 5tha 7th round pick, our 3rd(91) + a 5th for a 3rd (88) + a earlyish 6th if you have one, and/or other things.

Edited by Mind Character

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Te'von Coney LB acquired via trade, a pick Swap in the 5th, and/or a 7th round pick.

No way could Spielman resist the 7th round pick.

Thankfully, we have a new GM running the show. He is probably going to want to know who you would be taking with that pick at 88 before deciding to let you in front of us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Greetings from a bright and wonderful desolate wasteland -- Cleveland, Ohio.

Kevin Stefanski sends his regards.

We seek to move up from 91 to 88.

We're open to hearing what you'd have in mind in terms of compensation in return for moving down a few spots.

Some things we have to offer are the following, but am definitely open to hearing your ideas and considering other assets in exchange.

Te'von Coney LB acquired via trade, a pick Swap in the 5tha 7th round pick, our 3rd(91) + a 5th for a 3rd (88) + a earlyish 6th if you have one, and/or other things.

Appreciate the interest, but I've actually been trying to move up to secure a player or two, no interest in moving down at this time.

• Like 1

Just now, Cearbhall said:

No way could Spielman resist the 7th round pick.

Thankfully, we have a new GM running the show. He is probably going to want to know who you would be taking with that pick at 88 before deciding to let you in front of us.

What I can say and confirm with 100% fact is that we will be selecting an entity belonging to the group homo sapiens sapiens.

Beyond that .... I don't know.

Lol.

No, honestly, as conditions of the trade we would have no issue sharing the position group we are targeting assuming you share that info as well (and possibly first).

Captain Stefanski demands that we interact in good will as to set up future trade partnerships in the future.