Vikings FFMD20 War Room

RpMc

1 minute ago, PR said:

SS Burriss is available

No thanks.

Not interested in trading for guys who just signed with their team this year, and is on his fourth team in four years.

Edited by RpMc

59 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Fit your ideal 2nd/3rd round in to these picks:

Is almost worthless to say because a player could be gone in one of the picks coming up, and with how slow it is moving I assume this pick will not be made today?  Hopefully it is.

If JK Dobbins or Jonathan Taylor are there that would be nuts to pass on them because honestly it is nuts they are even still there.  OG makes sense along with Weaver I would not mind at DE or a WR that drops.

Chinn and Jaylon Johnson are both gone as of now, curious if Dugger is still there later 2nd round.

Ever ask the Bengals about Shawn Wililams?  They have no use for him with Von Bell and Bates there.  

Trade whatever you need to in order to solve the offensive line. That was the position in most dire need leaving last season and it absolutely needs to be addressed.

Saftey will be fine with Harrison Smith and a low end free agent. There is no need to spend more than a 5th round pick on Safety.

DE isn't ideal with Odenigbo and Hunter, but Hunter and a run stuffing DE would be adequate with Odenigbo coming in on passing downs. A DE strong against the run can be found. And the DTs look very nice with Chris Jones. Between Jones and Hunter the team will be able to generate enough pressure. The team just needs a base end that can hold up against the run. It doesn't need to be addressed in the first two days of the draft -- though I wouldn't hate it if there was nice value.

A second WR is needed still but that need pales in comparison to the offensive line. There might be value that makes it worth taking a WR anyway. I would hesitate, however, unless I was confident no offensive linemen would be selected before our next pick. It may be better to take the WR later as there will still be options. That coupled with the reality that WRs are far less important than offensive linemen. 

The team needs to draft offensive linemen. We can't risk valuing them less than other teams -- yet again.

As far as a Breida trade, I am not really excited about Breida. On the other hand, I am not excited about Jaleel Johnson either so flipping those two could make sense. I wouldn't give up anything else for Breida.  I suppose a seventh rounder maybe since we have three of them.

• Like 2

Dobbins and Taylor are both gone at RB and Dugger is gone, mothing Fer, this wait till the other pick in this round is turning out very poorly, I was in hopes one would drop to us.  

Prince Tega Wanogho Auburn RS SR OT 
Netane Muti Fresno State RS JR OG
Clyde Edwards-Helaire LSU JR RB
Jonah Jackson Ohio State SR OG
Curtis Weaver Boise State JR DE
Chase Claypool Notre Dame SR WR
Tyler Biadasz Wisconsin RS JR C
Cam Akers Florida State JR RB
Lloyd Cushenberry LSU JR C/OG
John Simpson Clemson SR OG
Lynn Bowden Jr Kentucky JR WR
Jack Driscoll Auburn OT/OG SR
Antonio Gandy-Golden Liberty SR WR
Bryan Edwards South Carolina SR WR

Just now, Cearbhall said:

Trade whatever you need to in order to solve the offensive line. That was the position in most dire need leaving last season and it absolutely needs to be addressed.

Saftey will be fine with Harrison Smith and a low end free agent. There is no need to spend more than a 5th round pick on Safety.

DE isn't ideal with Odenigbo and Hunter, but Hunter and a run stuffing DE would be adequate with Odenigbo coming in on passing downs. A DE strong against the run can be found. And the DTs look very nice with Chris Jones. Between Jones and Hunter the team will be able to generate enough pressure. The team just needs a base end that can hold up against the run. It doesn't need to be addressed in the first two days of the draft -- though I wouldn't hate it if there was nice value.

A second WR is needed still but that need pales in comparison to the offensive line. There might be value that makes it worth taking a WR anyway. I would hesitate, however, unless I was confident no offensive linemen would be selected before our next pick. It may be better to take the WR later as there will still be options. That coupled with the reality that WRs are far less important than offensive linemen. 

The team needs to draft offensive linemen. We can't risk valuing them less than other teams -- yet again.

As far as a Breida trade, I am not really excited about Breida. On the other hand, I am not excited about Jaleel Johnson either so flipping those two could make sense. I wouldn't give up anything else for Breida.  I suppose a seventh rounder maybe since we have three of them.

All makes sense outside of safety, and Dugger is gone along with Chinn and the quality in the later rounds at safety is not there unless one gets the steal with Chris Miller who can hit and play and few talk about.  I agree the OL needs to be address and with how it is falling should really just go for whoever is there but then risk losing out on Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

Prince Tega Wanogho Auburn RS is the best OT still on the board but then again with the Reiff situation do you take him or not.

Have a variety of OG to pick from and should really go that way now that Dobbins and Taylor are gone but will see.  

Jonah Jackson Ohio State GS
Netane Muti Fresno State RS JR
John Simpson Clemson
Tyler Biadasz Wisconsin RS JR C
Lloyd Cushenberry LSU JR
Jack Driscoll Auburn
Shane Lemieux Oregon RS
Logan Stenberg Kentucky RS
Damien Lewis LSU

Losing Cook and Harris at first looked like yeah great, but reality is most of the best players go early so who cares how many later round picks you got.  But will see how it all shakes out, so far not great looking but having Chris Jones sure would be pretty great.  

• Like 1

Kind of waiting to see who goes between Akers/Edwards-Helaire - the draft really falls off at back after those two, and they are the best bets to come in and make an impact - Akers was very good with no offensive line help at FSU and is pretty well suited to being a three down back. Edwards-Helaire is wicked quick and can play all three downs as a good DASH to Mattison's SMASH.

Receiver can still wait til round three, any tackle taken now will have to sit, and I personally hate the idea of Niang at guard given the footwork issues he will have to work through his first year in the league after compensating with poor footwork due to injury.  Guard still has some starting day 1 caliber players and would be a good target in the third round.  PTW would be a good fit too if you like Reiff moving down to guard and starting him from day one.

Came into this draft planning on it being a retooling year - getting good assets for Cook was a good move, because I, personally, don't like signing running backs to lucrative deals, especially those with an injury history (love Cook as a player, but business is business) - Harris trade definitely doesn't look good at the moment given what we have (there are veteran FA's out there, but that isn't part of this mock unfortunately), but again, he would have been here for a year without an extension.

Three-Tech defensive tackle was going to be a priority for me going into this draft as it's a position that takes Zimmer's defense to a higher level, and we added potentially the second best one in all of football for a single first round pick.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Came into this draft planning on it being a retooling year - getting good assets for Cook was a good move, because I, personally, don't like signing running backs to lucrative deals, especially those with an injury history (love Cook as a player, but business is business) - Harris trade definitely doesn't look good at the moment given what we have (there are veteran FA's out there, but that isn't part of this mock unfortunately), but again, he would have been here for a year without an extension.

Three-Tech defensive tackle was going to be a priority for me going into this draft as it's a position that takes Zimmer's defense to a higher level, and we added potentially the second best one in all of football for a single first round pick.

I would agree with Akers/Edwards-Helaire but one would need to get them with that other 2nd round pick I think.  

But to keep pushing back OL is a concern though no doubt about it.  I agree Niang probably could not play guard and I say Prince is a better OT and better in a zone blocking scheme.  

There are some great backs just not as explosive in terms of big play ability.   But AJ Dillon could be a monster anywhere as long as the blocking is good and is a big time athlete for his size similar athletically to what Derrick Henry did at the combine and similar size.  Eno Benjamin could be a star, and all of these guys could be very good backs as well and McFarland has big time big play potential but has got injured, and James Robinson is a bowling ball and has a ton of talent as a strong small back.

Zach Moss Utah
Joshua Kelley UCLA RS
Anthony McFarland Maryland RS SOPH
KeShawn Vaughn Vandy
James Robinson Illinois State
Michael Warren II Cincinnati JR

If one is sold on Boone these guys could all be a good 3rd back and all could be there 6th or 7th round.  And did sign Ameer also so with he, Boone and Mattison maybe it is not a huge deal in this imaginary world and WR explosive ability would be better.  

DeeJay Dallas Miami FL JR
Salvon Ahmed Washington JR
Darius Anderson TCU
Reggie Corbin Illinois RS
Rico Dowdle South Carolina

These guys could all be very good especially Gandy-Golden with his jump ball potential and Claypool is a beast physically.  

Lynn Bowden Jr Kentucky JR
Antonio Gandy-Golden Liberty
Chase Claypool Notre Dame
Bryan Edwards South Carolina
Michael Pittman Jr USC
Donovan People-Jones Michigan JR
KJ Hill Ohio State

It is hard to isolate needs since there are so many instead of just taking best player there which is hard to do at this point.  And the slow process of it all, hours before picks makes one over think things at times.