Vikings FFMD20 War Room

RpMc

7 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

No I meant our big board of remaining players. I remember in past years you made a big board. 

Ahh! Ozzy posted a pretty good respresentation - that run on corners never happened, so we are still heavy at that position on the board.

17 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Hamler off the board to the Bears - we are on deck.

Yeah what Colts pick next, then Vikings.  I say Prince or Dugger.  One can get a WR later this round or 3rd round.  Still have not address OL but maybe that is done with the second 2nd round pick.  Would say Taylor but not sure he has the quickness side to side needed in this offense to burst through holes or not.

It is a hard damn call because one needs all of these positions arguably.

Kyle Dugger Lenoir-Rhyne SR S
Laviska Shenault Jr. JR WR
Prince Tega Wanogho Auburn RS SR OT 
AJ Terrell Clemson JR CB
JK Dobbins Ohio State JR RB
Jonathan Taylor Wisconsin JR RB
Curtis Weaver Boise State JR DE
Netane Muti Fresno State RS JR OG
Jonah Jackson Ohio State SR OG
Neville Gallimore Oklahoma RS SR DT
Clyde Edwards-Helaire LSU JR RB

Would have maybe Edwards-Helaire who could drop or Cam Akers 3nd round who have big time ability as well if we pass on the RB.

These receivers still around but not sure I would take them here.

WR
Brandon Aiyuk Arizona State SR WR
Lynn Bowden Jr Kentucky JR WR
Chase Claypool Notre Dame SR WR
Antonio Gandy-Golden Liberty SR WR
Bryan Edwards South Carolina SR WR

Edited by Ozzy

17 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

Another reason i think waiting on a S makes sense is this staff has a knack for developing guys that werent highly drafted. Harris, Sendejo, & Kearse. I think a mid round pick & a veteran would do just fine without Harris. As Zim said, safety isnt super important in this defense. 

I said this 3-4 pages ago.

Our last 4 safeties along side Harrison  during the Zim era were UDFA (Harris), UDFA (Sendejo), 7th (Kearse), and 5th (Blanton). Not sure why we need to go defense three straight picks (if you count 25 for the DT) when we need at least a WR, LG, RB, and LT on offense.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, marshpit23 said:

These players are intriguing.
-AJ Terrell Clemson JR CB

-JK Dobbins Ohio State JR RB
-Jonathan Taylor Wisconsin JR RB

Not sure remaining O-line are a good value at this point. Maybe a WR? Claypool?

Taylor would be great here. Best back in the class IMO....but I think we can get a guy like CEH later.

WR is still pretty heavy, so is RB

Tackle is shrinking but that isn't an immediate need this year, and we might be better suited with a guard for this year and a tackle next, or Oli Udoh shows he can play and we have a tackle next year already with he and O'Neill.

Safety is thin both on the roster and in the draft

We have 5 picks in the second and third round, and a lot of other picks to move around with too.

Just now, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I said this 3-4 pages ago.

Our last 4 safeties along side Harrison  during the Zim era were UDFA (Harris), UDFA (Sendejo), 7th (Kearse), and 5th (Blanton). Not sure why we need to go defense three straight picks (if you count 25 for the DT) when we need at least a WR, LG, RB, and LT on offense.

I have no problem waiting but come on here, they literally have ONE safety on the roster.  To say that is not a massive problem then I don't know what is.  I do not think the class is a super deep group either.

Just now, marshpit23 said:

These players are intriguing.
-AJ Terrell Clemson JR CB

-JK Dobbins Ohio State JR RB
-Jonathan Taylor Wisconsin JR RB

Not sure remaining O-line are a good value at this point. Maybe a WR? Claypool?

I like Dobbins over Taylor because he is more physical I feel but is not as fast though.  I would wait on RB, I am not totally in love with Taylor in this type of offense honestly, he cannot make dudes miss in the open field that well and is more straight line.  Terrell could be a steal but only makes sense if Holton Hill is not trustworthy.  Sucks because Gallimore would be a great pickup here if we did not have Chris Jones.  

Just now, RpMc said:

WR is still pretty heavy, so is RB

Tackle is shrinking but that isn't an immediate need this year, and we might be better suited with a guard for this year and a tackle next, or Oli Udoh shows he can play and we have a tackle next year already with he and O'Neill.

Safety is thin both on the roster and in the draft

We have 5 picks in the second and third round, and a lot of other picks to move around with too.

Yeah and Jordan Love just sitting there.  Sucks they signed Cousins if this was the situation to steal a talented young QB like him and have him sit for a little before moving on from Cousins.

Dugger is a little reach this high in the 2nd but not much else is out there and he has a lot of upside and ball skills/athletic ability.  

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I have no problem waiting but come on here, they literally have ONE safety on the roster.  To say that is not a massive problem then I don't know what is.  I do not think the class is a super deep group either.

When did I say not to take a safety? I don't believe I said such a thing.

I said we shouldn't take one early in the second when we absolutely need other holes filled on offense.

Right now I'm looking at offense and seeing a giant wet fart of an offense with no playmaking ability and it's more worrisome than a early 2nd round safety.

We're paying Kirk all this money and he has Thielen...that's about it. ISJ....may be something someday but not counting on him to be a playmaker in 2020. Mattison is a good back but not a home run hitter. Bisi? Meh. Rudolph? Nah.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I like Dobbins over Taylor because he is more physical I feel but is not as fast though.  I would wait on RB, I am not totally in love with Taylor in this type of offense honestly, he cannot make dudes miss in the open field that well and is more straight line.  Terrell could be a steal but only makes sense if Holton Hill is not trustworthy.  Sucks because Gallimore would be a great pickup here if we did not have Chris Jones.  

Agree, it’s probably too early for a RB. Would like a dynamic player for this offense, though. Especially with parting ways with Cook. 

also agree with Gallimore. 

Just now, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

When did I say not to take a safety? I don't believe I said such a thing.

I said we shouldn't take one early in the second when we absolutely need other holes filled on offense.

Right now I'm looking at offense and seeing a giant wet fart of an offense with no playmaking ability.

I agree the offense does look awful right now, but no WR is that amazing at this spot outside of Laviska Shenault Jr. who could be a great option but does get hurt a lot and is not nearly as physical as some believe him to be.  Great story though and kid apparently.  

Just now, Ozzy said:

I agree the offense does look awful right now, but no WR is that amazing at this spot outside of Laviska Shenault Jr. who could be a great option but does get hurt a lot and is not nearly as physical as some believe him to be.  Great story though and kid apparently.  

Then I think trade down is the best thing to do right now. Try and get a later 2nd and 3rd or 4th and get more ammo for the safety and offense.