Vikings FFMD20 War Room

RpMc

2 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Appreciate the interest, but I've actually been trying to move up to secure a player or two, no interest in moving down at this time.

And what position group might that be "hypothetically" in reality speaking ... lol.

If you all don't want to trade down, give us the heads up so the minor virtual simulation disappointment can wash over us quicker and I can rally the forum masses (and by masses I mean 1-4) around their new FFMD reality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

And what position group might that be "hypothetically" in reality speaking ... lol.

If you all don't want to trade down, give us the heads up so the minor virtual simulation disappointment can wash over us quicker and I can rally the forum masses (and by masses I mean 1-4) around their new FFMD reality.

I have very little incentive to tell you that now don't I?

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

I have very little incentive to tell you that now don't I?

Like the Good Sir Kevin Stefanski once said, "Give thee draft info unto your midwestern brethren and you shall be rewarded with the most precious virtual football in history for this is right."

And here I thought we were Midwestern brethren, forged by the cold weather and whatever the hell else they say is supposed to unite us, lol.

Well ... it seems that according "sources" trade talks between the Vikes and Browns never got off the ground. What a time.

Just now, RpMc said:

Two picks until we are up - heading out for a walk to stretch my legs, but will be back to make our pick, if you have player preferences, now is the time!

I will wait till the pick is actually coming up to discuss the players......

Saints picked Adam Trautman and Muti is gone obviously

Were-Very-Pissed-Off-Brad-Pitt-In-Fight-

I would say go Jonah Jackson at OG, arguably the best one in college football last year and would be a good fit but maybe that is just me.  

I like Jackson as a pass protector and inside zone blocker, not great on wide zone and I wonder about his movement skills at the next level. Nasty type finisher though and can play any spot on the interior. 

not super pissed at either Trautman or Muti being gone. The third is a pretty heavy risk on Muti staying healthy and TE doesn’t make much sense for us to draft high this year. 

Edited by RpMc

2 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I like Jackson as a pass protector and inside zone blocker, not great on wide zone and I wonder about his movement skills at the next level. Nasty type finisher though and can play any spot on the interior. 

not super pissed at either Trautman or Muti being gone. The third is a pretty heavy risk on Muti staying healthy and TE doesn’t make much sense for us to draft high this year. 

As if Jackson has any worse movement skills than Elflein.  I think Jackson is getting a bad rap because he went to Ohio State as if that is some awful thing.  If OG is not where you go not sure where else outside of DE or S and or a speed WR.  

I am pissed Trautman is gone, he could have been a great late 3rd or 4th round pick and his character is top of the line and he has potential and desire to be a blocking TE unlike David Morgan who was injured often, and Trautman would provide more in the passing game.  Think he would have fit perfectly for a run heavy team, cannot ever have too many good TEs that can block and catch.  

Jack Driscoll is gone he would have been great and could have been a OG or OT.  Nick Harris is still there I think, that is a surprise but already have a smaller athletic center, not sure Harris could be a OG even though he did it at times on Washington early in his career.  Maybe he is an option, sure is athletic as can be.  

Kind of annoyed AJ Dillon is still there but RB is out of the question with Coleman on board.  

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

As if Jackson has any worse movement skills than Elflein.  I think Jackson is getting a bad rap because he went to Ohio State as if that is some awful thing.  If OG is not where you go not sure where else outside of DE or S and or a speed WR.  

Elflein wasn't drafted with the wide zone scheme in mind necessarily.

I didn't say anything about him going to Ohio State being a bad thing...

Jackson is certainly in consideration for the pick.

Just now, RpMc said:

Elflein wasn't drafted with the wide zone scheme in mind necessarily.

I didn't say anything about him going to Ohio State being a bad thing...

Jackson is certainly in consideration for the pick.

Are you thinking of the ESPN chime when you make the selection?