Maine Mock draft

jetfuel34

Here is what I think will happen.

R 1 Pick 11.   Wirfs - Iowa.  I think he falls because he may not have a true position on the line. He was a RT in college and some teams may have some doubt on him at LT.

R 2 Pick 48.   Fulton - LSU.  Fulton slips a little here with other CB on the rise like Henderson, Diggs and Hall who are bigger and play more physical. 

R 3 Pick 68 TRADE.  The Jets trade this pick to the Browns for OBJ. I think the Browns want to move on and he wants to be the #1 guy on the team that gets all the targets. He has that here. 

R 3 Pick 79  Johnathan Taylor -Wisc. Taylor is the guy that will replace Bell after this year. He disappeared during big games and against good teams. 

R 4 Pick 120   Tee Higgins - Clemson. I think he falls because he does not get that separation and had a poor pro day and combine. 

R 5 Pick 158  Jennings  - Bama. He got hurt and did very well when he was in. He could be the answer to our Edge problem. 

R 6 Pick 191 Nate Stanley - Iowa. I think you should always draft a QB and work with them. I love his arm strength and size. If they can change his footwork and accuracy he could be a good backup.

R6 Pick 211 Blankenship -Georgia. He will be the kicker for the jets for years to come. 

I think OBJ will be here. He wants to be back in the spot light in New York. I think a 3rd round pick is about right for what Hopkins got and Hopkins is the best. When JD said he looked into Diggs and Hopkins I have a feeling he is looking for very good WR in trade. I know the edge was not fixed but I just have that feeling that JD does not put much into edge rushers. He is happy with what we got. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Here is what I think will happen.

R 1 Pick 11.   Wirfs - Iowa.  I think he falls because he may not have a true position on the line. He was a RT in college and some teams may have some doubt on him at LT.

R 2 Pick 48.   Fulton - LSU.  Fulton slips a little here with other CB on the rise like Henderson, Diggs and Hall who are bigger and play more physical. 

R 3 Pick 68 TRADE.  The Jets trade this pick to the Browns for OBJ. I think the Browns want to move on and he wants to be the #1 guy on the team that gets all the targets. He has that here. 

R 3 Pick 79  Johnathan Taylor -Wisc. Taylor is the guy that will replace Bell after this year. He disappeared during big games and against good teams. 

R 4 Pick 120   Tee Higgins - Clemson. I think he falls because he does not get that separation and had a poor pro day and combine. 

R 5 Pick 158  Jennings  - Bama. He got hurt and did very well when he was in. He could be the answer to our Edge problem. 

R 6 Pick 191 Nate Stanley - Iowa. I think you should always draft a QB and work with them. I love his arm strength and size. If they can change his footwork and accuracy he could be a good backup.

R6 Pick 211 Blankenship -Georgia. He will be the kicker for the jets for years to come. 

I think OBJ will be here. He wants to be back in the spot light in New York. I think a 3rd round pick is about right for what Hopkins got and Hopkins is the best. When JD said he looked into Diggs and Hopkins I have a feeling he is looking for very good WR in trade. I know the edge was not fixed but I just have that feeling that JD does not put much into edge rushers. He is happy with what we got. 

Several things... I think it will cost a lot more than that to get OBJ. Now to the draft... outside of the 1st pick, everyone will pretty much for sure be gone by the time you gather picked. Fulton should be a 1st rounder and even if he doesn’t go there he will be drafted in the 1st half of round 2 before us. Taylor is arguably the best RB in the class. Can’t see him making it out of Round 2 (maybe even a 1st rounder). Same goes for Higgins. He’s a possible 1st rounder. Probably won’t even be there at 48, never mind 120. After that it’s realistic.

I see some things disagree with. 

1st, I'll concede that wirfs can fall to 11, however I dont think that will be the case. I dont think Fulton will fall that far but again, it's possible. 

I dont think the Jets want anything to do with OBJ as JD has talked about building a culture here. Also, OBJ and Adam's on the same team is asking for trouble IMO. 

I'd love for the next two picks to happen but these are REALLY generous picks. Taylor is an easy 2nd rounder and Higgins can be as early as a mid 1st rounder. I mean, that Higgins pick is a far fall...

I'll stop it there. It's an amazing mock but I feel you were overly generous with who will be available at each pick....

Edited by KodiakThunder
Typo

I think it is unlikely Wirfs is there at 11 but if he makes it there i am fine with the pick.  

Kristian Fulton is a first round CB.  I'd be shocked if he was there at 48

The Browns aren't taking just a 3rd for OBJ, and i don't even really want him.  He is an *** and is also constantly hurt.  

You can never tell with the RB market, but i'd be pretty surprised if Taylor was there in the mid 3rd.  Dude is huge and ran in the 4.3's 

Ok this is the one i am most confident about.  I've been advocating that Higgins could be there at 48 while some people think he will be gone..... he most definitely isn't going to be there at our pick in the 4th

I don't mind taking Jennings in the 5th but saying he could solve our edge needs is a bit much imo.  He is a pretty limited guy.  To be his ceiling his a poor mans Jenkins.  

I won’t add anything else that’s already been said. 

However I would love us to trade for OBJ I’d be happy giving up our 2nd. 3rd would be awesome but unlikely. 

Ideally we could trade down in the 1st and get an extra 2nd. Then use that to trade for OBJ. 

There are a few people that think Wirfs is a guard. I could see him falling under the sceneries where teams ahead of us want someone who they believe can play tackle.

Honestly, if he becomes a high level guard, it’ll still be a good pick. Quenton Nelson can probably tackle. But he’s a bad *** guard. So be it.

Edited by SDotNova