Likelihood of an Andrew Luck Trade?

bigbadbuff23835

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What bidding war? How many teams would be willing to take that? I mean he hasnt lived up to the hype yes but he is also a major injury concern

That particular deal, I wouldn't hazard to guess. But there would be a bidding war, make no mistake about that. I just don't know how high it would eventually get.

On 9/22/2017 at 11:45 AM, bigbadbuff23835 said:

ANY chance this happens? What would it take?

3 firsts and a 2nd?

Hmmmm- a hypothetical Andrew Luck trade! Suppose Ryan Grigson were reinstated as GM and Major Domo of All things Colts' Football-

he just might be bold enough to trade Andrew Luck for (wait for it!) Josh Gordon. In order to get more weapons for Andrew Luck, see?

Well- he IS Ryan Grigson, after all!

5 minutes ago, Raves said:

I would assume that Luck would probably only get 2 1st round picks at most.  Injury concerns, big contract, and a mostly known product.

I'm not sure about 3 firsts, but I think that 2 1sts would be too light for some reason. I think it would be 2 1sts plus other stuff...maybe some roster depth, maybe a couple more mid round picks or something like that.

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure about 3 firsts, but I think that 2 1sts would be too light for some reason. I think it would be 2 1sts plus other stuff...maybe some roster depth, maybe a couple more mid round picks or something like that.

If it wasn't for the contract and injury concerns I would agree, 3 1sts are too much as at that point you should be trading for the #1 pick in the draft.  Teams that would trade for Luck are those that think they would be ready to compete with someone like Luck if he's healthy, which means they have to take the chance on him actually being able to come back and play at the level we all expect him to, which if he misses this entire year, which is probably best for his health, will be concerning to teams still.  I think Jacksonville would be a team that could offer up 2 1st round picks for Luck and this year will at best be a mid round pick so it would still be good value.  Now if Luck comes back and looks like himself, then the Colts won't be in a position to draft a top QB so them trading Luck doesn't make sense.

So really it comes down to a team willing to take on his contract, which isn't cheap, as well as willing to take on the injury risk that he presents.  To do that they best offer they'll probably get is 2 1st round picks.  If this was Winston, Mariota, Carr, Goff, Wentz etc, then I would expect them to go for at least 3 1st round picks because they have shown potential, on rookie deals, and don't have the same injury concerns, probably at least 4 1st round picks for any of them.  But Luck doesn't have the rookie deal or injury concerns going for him, which I do think cut the type of offer he'd get in half.

17 hours ago, Forge said:

That particular deal, I wouldn't hazard to guess. But there would be a bidding war, make no mistake about that. I just don't know how high it would eventually get.

If it was before the draft sure i could see someone doing that given the hype but not even close to now. He isnt a Top-5 QB and has health concerns

11 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If it was before the draft sure i could see someone doing that given the hype but not even close to now. He isnt a Top-5 QB and has health concerns

I feel like you underestimate the psychotic nature of teams in need of a quarterback. Sam Bradford garnered a 1 and 4, and there was not even a multiple team market for him. He's young, still seen as a franchise quarterback. He would need to get the all clear on the health front, but yeah, if he did, teams would go a little crazy.

Archived