Jump to content
valkrei

plug and play positions

Recommended Posts

So thinking the amount of time to prepare for the season, with COVID-19.  I would think keeping as much of our team intact is the way to go.  To take it a step further what positions in the draft are needs but require less time to start.. in other words plug n play by position.  What are the Top 5 best positions for plug n play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, valkrei said:

So thinking the amount of time to prepare for the season, with COVID-19.  I would think keeping as much of our team intact is the way to go.  To take it a step further what positions in the draft are needs but require less time to start.. in other words plug n play by position.  What are the Top 5 best positions for plug n play?

Kicker, Punter, Long Snapper. 

They could even practice keeping a distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More seriously: 

WR and RB on a limited play sheet
TE may be close, but blocking requires coordination.

CB playing man. You got your guy ... go with him.

To the opposite: The lines .. that's like ballet ... one is off .. the whole thing falls apart ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

and quite honestly  ... especially on offense (WR/TE/RB)  .. you can simulate routes on Madden .. 

 

execution is a different beast

Edited by KC_Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is absolutely no question that the most plug-n-play position is RB. Most of what young players need to learn is blocking and getting used to the faster speed. The least P-n-P is WR, after that DB. Line play, both sides, is fairly easy to start but difficult to refine. 

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

There is absolutely no question that the most plug-n-play position is RB. Most of what young players need to learn is blocking and getting used to the faster speed. The least P-n-P is WR, after that DB. Line play, both sides, is fairly easy to start but difficult to refine. 

J

I had already decided I would consider Dobs with our 2nd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why? We have a very serviceable all-purpose RB. Dobbins does everything well, but really excels at nothing. He isn't as fast as Williams. He's probably a better receiver, but not an elite pass catcher. Williams has picked up the pass pro and does his limited receiving tree well.

If you want someone in this part of the draft, at least go with Cam Akers, who faster, a touch bigger and produced behind an inferior OL. I think we would be better served with a later pick, such as Eno Benjamin for a fast back and Moss or Dillon for power.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's overrated--from watching his tape. He has the classic Alabama problem, the quality of the team makes him look better than he is. 

I have no doubt he will be an effective RB in the NFL, but there are not likely any Pro Bowls in his future. Plus, he has a lot of miles on the wheels already.

Again, I think Cam Akers is a better player.

J

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

I think he's overrated--from watching his tape. He has the classic Alabama problem, the quality of the team makes him look better than he is. 

I have no doubt he will be an effective RB in the NFL, but there are not likely any Pro Bowls in his future. Plus, he has a lot of miles on the wheels already.

Again, I think Cam Akers is a better player.

J

 

Jk Dobbins? He went to Ohio State...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Jk Dobbins? He went to Ohio State...

Yea I am talking about JK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, valkrei said:

Yea I am talking about JK

I figured you were. Dunno how anyone can say that dude is overrated, he's a wrecking ball on legs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

There is absolutely no question that the most plug-n-play position is RB. Most of what young players need to learn is blocking and getting used to the faster speed. The least P-n-P is WR, after that DB. Line play, both sides, is fairly easy to start but difficult to refine. 

J

looks like we have a completely different take ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Dobbins went to OSU. He has an issue you see with a lot of Alabama players.

A significant part of his productivity is system generated. Most lists put him in the mid 2nd round, whereas I would say early 3rd round. Put him head to head with Cam Akers and I will take Akers.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, onejayhawk said:

I know Dobbins went to OSU. He has an issue you see with a lot of Alabama players.

A significant part of his productivity is system generated. Most lists put him in the mid 2nd round, whereas I would say early 3rd round. Put him head to head with Cam Akers and I will take Akers.

J

Pm2 was a system Qb lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...