plug and play positions

valkrei

So thinking the amount of time to prepare for the season, with COVID-19.  I would think keeping as much of our team intact is the way to go.  To take it a step further what positions in the draft are needs but require less time to start.. in other words plug n play by position.  What are the Top 5 best positions for plug n play?

7 minutes ago, valkrei said:

So thinking the amount of time to prepare for the season, with COVID-19.  I would think keeping as much of our team intact is the way to go.  To take it a step further what positions in the draft are needs but require less time to start.. in other words plug n play by position.  What are the Top 5 best positions for plug n play?

Kicker, Punter, Long Snapper. 

They could even practice keeping a distance.

More seriously: 

WR and RB on a limited play sheet
TE may be close, but blocking requires coordination.

CB playing man. You got your guy ... go with him.

To the opposite: The lines .. that's like ballet ... one is off .. the whole thing falls apart ... 

There is absolutely no question that the most plug-n-play position is RB. Most of what young players need to learn is blocking and getting used to the faster speed. The least P-n-P is WR, after that DB. Line play, both sides, is fairly easy to start but difficult to refine. 

J

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

There is absolutely no question that the most plug-n-play position is RB. Most of what young players need to learn is blocking and getting used to the faster speed. The least P-n-P is WR, after that DB. Line play, both sides, is fairly easy to start but difficult to refine. 

J

I had already decided I would consider Dobs with our 2nd

Why? We have a very serviceable all-purpose RB. Dobbins does everything well, but really excels at nothing. He isn't as fast as Williams. He's probably a better receiver, but not an elite pass catcher. Williams has picked up the pass pro and does his limited receiving tree well.

If you want someone in this part of the draft, at least go with Cam Akers, who faster, a touch bigger and produced behind an inferior OL. I think we would be better served with a later pick, such as Eno Benjamin for a fast back and Moss or Dillon for power.

J

I think he's overrated--from watching his tape. He has the classic Alabama problem, the quality of the team makes him look better than he is. 

I have no doubt he will be an effective RB in the NFL, but there are not likely any Pro Bowls in his future. Plus, he has a lot of miles on the wheels already.

Again, I think Cam Akers is a better player.

J

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

I think he's overrated--from watching his tape. He has the classic Alabama problem, the quality of the team makes him look better than he is. 

I have no doubt he will be an effective RB in the NFL, but there are not likely any Pro Bowls in his future. Plus, he has a lot of miles on the wheels already.

Again, I think Cam Akers is a better player.

J

Jk Dobbins? He went to Ohio State...

21 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

J

looks like we have a completely different take ...

I know Dobbins went to OSU. He has an issue you see with a lot of Alabama players.

A significant part of his productivity is system generated. Most lists put him in the mid 2nd round, whereas I would say early 3rd round. Put him head to head with Cam Akers and I will take Akers.

J

1 minute ago, onejayhawk said:

I know Dobbins went to OSU. He has an issue you see with a lot of Alabama players.

A significant part of his productivity is system generated. Most lists put him in the mid 2nd round, whereas I would say early 3rd round. Put him head to head with Cam Akers and I will take Akers.

J

Pm2 was a system Qb lol