My dream draft

Displayname

2. Lloyd Cushenberry IOL LSU- maybe I’m one of the few, I like Feiler at tackle. I get that he can play guard emergency situations. My mind set is if it isn’t broke don’t fix it. I don’t think this is a guy I have to really sell to any of you.

3. Willie Gay Jr LB Miss ST- he had a very good combine that’s caused him to go up on a lot of people’s draft boards. He needs more work in the passing game and between the ears to be picked earlier. However, I could very well see teams fall in love with his athleticism to select him earlier.

4. Davon Hamilton NT OSU-another guy that is shooting up a Lot of  boards. Needs work on his pass rush to be selected earlier than here. One year starter and part time on top of that. Could get the same treatment of Willie Gay Due to his athleticism for a big man.

4. Michael Ojemudia CB IOWA- needs work on his man coverage and doesn’t have a long speed. Willing tackler which could cause him to translate into  a safety or At least like an emergency safety similar how we use Hilton and Sutton. At least that’s what Tomlin said about them a while back.

6. James Proche WR SMU- Great hands and ball skills. Creating separation and route running need to be improved. I like him as a potential development player and possible return man. I’ve seen them go as high as round four. However, this wide receiver class is deep there is a lot of players to love if you want to select a wide receiver. I’ve had my eyes on him and Kalija Lipscomb as possible late rounders.with juju, Washington, Johnson, and Cain I wouldn’t like selecting a wide receiver earlier then here.

7. Cater Coughlin OLB MINN- Needs more play strength. He was asked to do a lot of what we ask our edge rusher‘s to do. Being able to drive back into coverage now and then, stop the run,  and rush the pass. 

Realistic? Probably not. Just a dream

Edited by Displayname
Spelling

Sorry, I'll counter with my dream draft...(staying somewhat realistic)
but also with some very lucky drops

RD2   RB   J.DOBBINS

RD3   - (Trade for 4&5)

RD4   OL   J.SIMPSON
RD4   DL  L.FOTU
RD4   WR  L.BOWDEN or A.GIBSON (similar utility athletes in space)
RD5   LB  A.JENNINGS
RD6   DB J.BLACKMON (CB or S, probably a better FS)
RD7   DB  H.HAND (CB or S, probably a better CB)

Edited by mwalker

1 hour ago, mwalker said:

Sorry, I'll counter with my dream draft...(staying somewhat realistic)
but also with some very lucky drops

RD2   RB   J.DOBBINS

RD3   - (Trade for 4&5)

RD4   OL   J.SIMPSON
RD4   DL  L.FOTU
RD4   WR  L.BOWDEN or A.GIBSON (similar utility athletes in space)
RD5   LB  A.JENNINGS
RD6   DB J.BLACKMON (CB or S, probably a better FS)
RD7   DB  H.HAND (CB or S, probably a better CB)

I like it. I guess the way how I break down the draft anymore is what day are they going to be available. So the days are always going to be correct, rounds might be able to get some from time to time. It just seems with the day three, anyone could be a 4th or a 7th. Fotu over Hamilton? Don’t get me wrong I like both. Or do you have Hamilton going higher?

1 hour ago, Displayname said:

I like it. I guess the way how I break down the draft anymore is what day are they going to be available. So the days are always going to be correct, rounds might be able to get some from time to time. It just seems with the day three, anyone could be a 4th or a 7th. Fotu over Hamilton? Don’t get me wrong I like both. Or do you have Hamilton going higher?

It's a toss up, I guess. Fotu had a much more successful college career. He's bigger.
I've seen Hamilton anywhere from 2 - 6, so he's quite tricky to place.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mwalker said:

It's a toss up, I guess. Fotu had a much more successful college career. He's bigger.
I've seen Hamilton anywhere from 2 - 6, so he's quite tricky to place.

Gotcha. I can also see them doing something similar to what they did with Hargrave. However, I don’t know many interior defense of lineman outside of those two. 

Id prefer to see us trade down in the 2nd, perhaps with a team like the Jets, and get both of their 3rd rounders.

Its obviously wishful thinking, as trade downs usually are, but I dont think there will be much drop off in talent and we could get an extra 3rd out of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Id prefer to see us trade down in the 2nd, perhaps with a team like the Jets, and get both of their 3rd rounders.

Its obviously wishful thinking, as trade downs usually are, but I dont think there will be much drop off in talent and we could get an extra 3rd out of it.

I think there will def be a move for an extra pick. Colbert's suggestion to go 10 rounds was clever and reasonable, but it likely won't happen.
I could also see them trading one of Snell or Samuels if they draft a RB early. 

• Like 1