FF Interviews - Next up: mission27!! (P10)

Shady Slim

Frrrooooommmm New York, the FF show starring mission27

Tonight's guests Shady Slim and Ruth Bader Ginsburg

And now ladies and gentleman heeeerreeee's mission 

hqdefault.jpg

Thank you thank you

Welcome to the FF Show

Tonight's first guest is one of the greatest legal minds we have.  Known to the FF community as our favorite Aussie, ShadySlim is also one of the MoL's great friends and the producer of the FF Show.  

Please welcome @Shady Slim

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shady Slim said:

yo all very happy to be here, very happy, thank you, thank you.

So great to have you Shady

Lets start off by introducing yourself to FF

Can you tell us your basics (ASL) your occupation and maybe introduce us to the lovely Mrs Shady?

Just now, mission27 said:

So great to have you Shady

Lets start off by introducing yourself to FF

Can you tell us your basics (ASL) your occupation and maybe introduce us to the lovely Mrs Shady?

Welcome all to the interview, so happy to have you all here

20, male, and I'm from the Blue Mountains about one and a half hours west of Sydney. Studying law at Sydney University and working at two law firms part time; one of them's super fulfilling and challenging but is unpaid and the other is paid but really is not the area I want to get in to, and isn't that fulfilling; the people are great though. Mrs S and I met at Uni in First Year (we are now Third Year, here we just denote the year by the year) and by the end of that year we were together, her degree is in business info systems and she works part time at a fintech. Together we are just the right mix of love and crazy to have the time of our lives, you've got to have that right amount of crazy to take on this world and we do

Just now, Shady Slim said:

Welcome all to the interview, so happy to have you all here

20, male, and I'm from the Blue Mountains about one and a half hours west of Sydney. Studying law at Sydney University and working at two law firms part time; one of them's super fulfilling and challenging but is unpaid and the other is paid but really is not the area I want to get in to, and isn't that fulfilling; the people are great though. Mrs S and I met at Uni in First Year (we are now Third Year, here we just denote the year by the year) and by the end of that year we were together, her degree is in business info systems and she works part time at a fintech. Together we are just the right mix of love and crazy to have the time of our lives, you've got to have that right amount of crazy to take on this world and we do

That Mrs. Shady is a hell of a lady 

By the way, how did you come up with the name Shady in the first place?  ShadySlim... are you a big fan of the American musical artist "Eminem"?

That Mrs. Shady is a hell of a lady 

By the way, how did you come up with the name Shady in the first place?  ShadySlim... are you a big fan of the American musical artist "Eminem"?

You're preaching to the choir, mister. (canned laughter)

When I got in to online forums first it was as a ten year old playing Disney's Toontown Online and finding the forum for that, and I went by the name of my guy on that game Sir Skids Nickelton, which was an autogenerated name from the name bank in that game. Eventually that was a name that I felt was a bit silly (great game though, big part of my childhood) and so I went to this... tbh I'm not all that huge in to Eminem, he's got a couple good songs, Without Me a standout, no doubt, but it just sort of came to me. I'm shady, I'm slim (tho in a fit way), it just sort of works - kind of a **** origin story tbh but still better than a lot of marvel movies

You're preaching to the choir, mister. (canned laughter)

When I got in to online forums first it was as a ten year old playing Disney's Toontown Online and finding the forum for that, and I went by the name of my guy on that game Sir Skids Nickelton, which was an autogenerated name from the name bank in that game. Eventually that was a name that I felt was a bit silly (great game though, big part of my childhood) and so I went to this... tbh I'm not all that huge in to Eminem, he's got a couple good songs, Without Me a standout, no doubt, but it just sort of came to me. I'm shady, I'm slim (tho in a fit way), it just sort of works - kind of a **** origin story tbh but still better than a lot of marvel movies

Toontown, now that's a blast from the past.  The MoL were real ballers in that game. 

Now how did an Aussie end up on a football forum anyway?  And now that my Pats are a non-factor do you think the Steelers have a shot to win for a change or is Ben done?

Toontown, now that's a blast from the past.  The MoL were real ballers in that game. 

Now how did an Aussie end up on a football forum anyway?  And now that my Pats are a non-factor do you think the Steelers have a shot to win for a change or is Ben done?

"Your Pats"; and here we all are thinking you're a Bucs fan now!

In Australia we don't have jocks and nerds but I was pretty much the closest thing to a jock you'll find in an Australian high school; but we don't have high school and college sports the way you do there. We have them, they're just not as lionized. So you only here really follow the major sports leagues, you don't have that stake in your college and high school sport; as such we've got a much more open sporting calendar here, very conducive to picking up sports from other countries. American football, when I would have only been like, five, I rented out Madden from Blockbuster and played as the Steelers because of their colours, but forgot about it after I returned it. I'm someone very in to politics and I followed the 2016 Primaries from when they weren't even voting yet in 2015, and somewhere along the line following the primaries I started looking in to the NFL again, and when it came to picking a team I went back to my roots and went with the Steelers, just like i did way back when.

I wish that the high school and college sports were as big as they were there tbh, because then I would have a track scholarship to uni (tho we have government subsidized uni anyway so it's not a life or death thing, it would just be nice to have the scholarship); but here you only really get sports scholarships if you're national level.

"Your Pats"; and here we all are thinking you're a Bucs fan now!

In Australia we don't have jocks and nerds but I was pretty much the closest thing to a jock you'll find in an Australian high school; but we don't have high school and college sports the way you do there. We have them, they're just not as lionized. So you only here really follow the major sports leagues, you don't have that stake in your college and high school sport; as such we've got a much more open sporting calendar here, very conducive to picking up sports from other countries. American football, when I would have only been like, five, I rented out Madden from Blockbuster and played as the Steelers because of their colours, but forgot about it after I returned it. I'm someone very in to politics and I followed the 2016 Primaries from when they weren't even voting yet in 2015, and somewhere along the line following the primaries I started looking in to the NFL again, and when it came to picking a team I went back to my roots and went with the Steelers, just like i did way back when.

I wish that the high school and college sports were as big as they were there tbh, because then I would have a track scholarship to uni (tho we have government subsidized uni anyway so it's not a life or death thing, it would just be nice to have the scholarship); but here you only really get sports scholarships if you're national level.

Listen @bucsfan333 and I are full steam ahead but I'll always have a soft spot for those Pats

How 'bout them Steelers though?

Listen @bucsfan333 and I are full steam ahead but I'll always have a soft spot for those Pats

How 'bout them Steelers though?

That defense is a defense better than any since the Troy days, and with a rejuvenated and apparently not-fat Ben, we really do have a chance to shake things up. People forget that before last year, though it was a huge season for signal callers around the league, Ben threw for more than 5000 and had a pretty solid TD:INT ratio along with it, and that was with the Brown saga going on around him and the Bell holdout and all that jazz; seeing what the big boy can do in a proper unified team environment I think people are going to remember he hasn't fallen off a cliff, see what the big unit can do - he's going to be more determined than anyone to prove the doubters wrong, and finally has a defense to back him

Just now, Shady Slim said:

That defense is a defense better than any since the Troy days, and with a rejuvenated and apparently not-fat Ben, we really do have a chance to shake things up. People forget that before last year, though it was a huge season for signal callers around the league, Ben threw for more than 5000 and had a pretty solid TD:INT ratio along with it, and that was with the Brown saga going on around him and the Bell holdout and all that jazz; seeing what the big boy can do in a proper unified team environment I think people are going to remember he hasn't fallen off a cliff, see what the big unit can do - he's going to be more determined than anyone to prove the doubters wrong, and finally has a defense to back him

I suppose we'll see

Give us a little color on how you came up with this interview idea.  Why mission as the host?  And who would your second choice have been if mission had been unable to rise to the occasion (lol)?

I suppose we'll see

Give us a little color on how you came up with this interview idea.  Why mission as the host?  And who would your second choice have been if mission had been unable to rise to the occasion (lol)?

ripped it from another forum, shameless, because it's a top idea, and like all of us I'm going mad just living in quarantown. I went with you because I know that you'd do a good job hosting, and you wouldn't be afraid to ask the bold probing questions that the forum needs to hear (eg q20). If I had to get a second choice it would be @FinneasGage, and it would probably be very Joe Rogan Experience, different, but still very insightful.

I'm sure though that if you asked enough Canadian women you would find someone who thinks mission can't rise to the occasion am i right folks

• Like 1

ripped it from another forum, shameless, because it's a top idea, and like all of us I'm going mad just living in quarantown. I went with you because I know that you'd do a good job hosting, and you wouldn't be afraid to ask the bold probing questions that the forum needs to hear (eg q20). If I had to get a second choice it would be @FinneasGage, and it would probably be very Joe Rogan Experience, different, but still very insightful.

I'm sure though that if you asked enough Canadian women you would find someone who thinks mission can't rise to the occasion am i right folks

The sun also rises, let me tell you

On another note, when you first joined the forum mission thought you were TLO posting on a false name to **** with him, based on your George Costanza avy and smug attitude.  Have you ever been confused for someone or told you look like someone in real life (or on FF)?

• Like 1