FF Interviews - Next up: mission27!! (P10)

Shady Slim

Just now, mission27 said:

Alright ladies and gentleman we're back with @Shady Slim

Shady, before the break we were talking about dream vacations

mission has long had a plan to visit the land down under and meet up with Shady and possibly smuggle some contraband into the country

When mission visits, what should be on his itinerary? 

King's Cross is where all the hedonists go so I'd direct you there for sure, it's got the right balance of clubs, organised crime and women for you definitely. So that's where you'd be hanging around most nights - but there's so much more in terms of natural beauty, you'd be well served to come see the Blue Mountains, and see some of our more obscure beaches in the city and the lookouts in the Mountains that only a local can know about. Just whatever you do avoid Penrith.

I think you could get behind Nimbin too, think of it like hippy burning man 24/7 and there’s no cops. The beaches, you've got to see the beaches in an Australian summer, sort of the "must do", Opera House and Harbour Bridge are our Grand Canyon style landmarks that all who come see, but having an Australian tour guide (me) would help to set the more obscure parts of the agenda.

• Like 1

Just now, Shady Slim said:

King's Cross is where all the hedonists go so I'd direct you there for sure, it's got the right balance of clubs, organised crime and women for you definitely. So that's where you'd be hanging around most nights - but there's so much more in terms of natural beauty, you'd be well served to come see the Blue Mountains, and see some of our more obscure beaches in the city and the lookouts in the Mountains that only a local can know about. Just whatever you do avoid Penrith.

I think you could get behind Nimbin too, think of it like hippy burning man 24/7 and there’s no cops. The beaches, you've got to see the beaches in an Australian summer, sort of the "must do", Opera House and Harbour Bridge are our Grand Canyon style landmarks that all who come see, but having an Australian tour guide (me) would help to set the more obscure parts of the agenda.

Well if there are some hot hippy chicks sign me up

Speaking of which, you once taught mission how hockey works and it led to maybe the most significant relationship of his life (outside of his relationship with TLO of course).  Could you give us a 30 second high level explanation of cricket, in case someone out there is trying to get with a cricket girl or boy?

Well if there are some hot hippy chicks sign me up

Speaking of which, you once taught mission how hockey works and it led to maybe the most significant relationship of his life (outside of his relationship with TLO of course).  Could you give us a 30 second high level explanation of cricket, in case someone out there is trying to get with a cricket girl or boy?

i think a lot of them are nudists too but i'll have to get back to you on that one

Very proud of that, first of all hehe. 

Cricket's not even that hard! You have got a bowler, who bowls an over - six balls in a row. He bowls to the batsman, who tries to get runs by hitting the ball. Unlike baseball it is not hit and run, and so if the batsman hits it and stands his ground he can not get grounded out as in baseball ("run out" in cricket). The bowler has to get the batsman out by knocking over the stumps, which are a set of wooden poles behind the batsman, by getting the batsman to play a shot in the air that gets caught on the full, or by getting the batsman Leg Before Wicket, hitting him on the legs where the umpire thinks the ball would've gone on to hit the stumps, had he not got his leg in the way.

The batsman can get a run by running to the other end of the pitch, four runs by hitting it over the boundary rope and six by hitting it on the full over the boundary rope. Unlike baseball, you are still out there when you get a run - and so the value is on not getting out, not getting the big dinger. Which is why a cricket game lasts so long - because batsmen have their first priority of not getting out! Once he has done his six ball over, the bowler takes a break and a new bowler bowls an over, but from the other end of the pitch (the pitch is a rectangle), and to the batsman standing at the other end; repeat!

• Like 1

i think a lot of them are nudists too but i'll have to get back to you on that one

Very proud of that, first of all hehe. 

Cricket's not even that hard! You have got a bowler, who bowls an over - six balls in a row. He bowls to the batsman, who tries to get runs by hitting the ball. Unlike baseball it is not hit and run, and so if the batsman hits it and stands his ground he can not get grounded out as in baseball ("run out" in cricket). The bowler has to get the batsman out by knocking over the stumps, which are a set of wooden poles behind the batsman, by getting the batsman to play a shot in the air that gets caught on the full, or by getting the batsman Leg Before Wicket, hitting him on the legs where the umpire thinks the ball would've gone on to hit the stumps, had he not got his leg in the way.

The batsman can get a run by running to the other end of the pitch, four runs by hitting it over the boundary rope and six by hitting it on the full over the boundary rope. Unlike baseball, you are still out there when you get a run - and so the value is on not getting out, not getting the big dinger. Which is why a cricket game lasts so long - because batsmen have their first priority of not getting out! Once he has done his six ball over, the bowler takes a break and a new bowler bowls an over, but from the other end of the pitch (the pitch is a rectangle), and to the batsman standing at the other end; repeat!

Can't say I get it, but I did hear the word "nudist" so cricket sounds fun

If you were Webby for a day, what changes would you make to FF?

Can't say I get it, but I did hear the word "nudist" so cricket sounds fun

If you were Webby for a day, what changes would you make to FF?

I would put in a politics subforum but strictly enforce that political talk must stay there. I post on another sports forum and it works there, and they are very strict having no political talk outside of that subforum - and it doesn't seep in, nor does every one all of a sudden hate people from different sides of the political compass. I understand why there's no political forum, it is a very divisive topic and it would get messy, but I'm just such a politically minded guy and live for that controversy and that argument so I would be all for it! Tbf, maybe it can work on other forums because many would argue other nation's politics aren't as polarised as they are there, however I would say that that's bs and they definitely are. But I do get the reasons behind no politics forum.

• Like 1

I would put in a politics subforum but strictly enforce that political talk must stay there. I post on another sports forum and it works there, and they are very strict having no political talk outside of that subforum - and it doesn't seep in, nor does every one all of a sudden hate people from different sides of the political compass. I understand why there's no political forum, it is a very divisive topic and it would get messy, but I'm just such a politically minded guy and live for that controversy and that argument so I would be all for it! Tbf, maybe it can work on other forums because many would argue other nation's politics aren't as polarised as they are there, however I would say that that's bs and they definitely are. But I do get the reasons behind no politics forum.

So would you ever want to be a mod then?  Why or why not? 

So would you ever want to be a mod then?  Why or why not? 

Nah no way I don't think, I just could not commit to it - plus I am always on the verge of breaching a lot of forum rules like the one about politics myself... but then again every good historical leader is a flagrant hypocrite so I can be next in line! Shady 2020 get on it ffs

Nah, seriously though, it is a big job and you've got to leave it to those who you can trust to do a thorough job

Nah no way I don't think, I just could not commit to it - plus I am always on the verge of breaching a lot of forum rules like the one about politics myself... but then again every good historical leader is a flagrant hypocrite so I can be next in line! Shady 2020 get on it ffs

Nah, seriously though, it is a big job and you've got to leave it to those who you can trust to do a thorough job

Ha well if MoL gets the big job, we'll happily make you a lesser mod, flagrant hypocrite or not

Lets go with a couple light questions before we hit you with the big ones

Who's your ideal celeb girlfriend or boyfriend if Mrs S didnt exist?

Ha well if MoL gets the big job, we'll happily make you a lesser mod, flagrant hypocrite or not

Lets go with a couple light questions before we hit you with the big ones

Who's your ideal celeb girlfriend or boyfriend if Mrs S didnt exist?

I'll go with my childhood crush here, that being the graceful pre-doping controversy Maria Sharapova. As someone who is himself very very physically fit that's always been something that I've been super in to and as such Sharapova was young Shady's crush, so that's who I'd default to - and i couldn't take Tay, i'd have to leave her for you to answer this question if you know who didn't exist

I'll go with my childhood crush here, that being the graceful pre-doping controversy Maria Sharapova. As someone who is himself very very physically fit that's always been something that I've been super in to and as such Sharapova was young Shady's crush, so that's who I'd default to - and i couldn't take Tay, i'd have to leave her for you to answer this question if you know who didn't exist

Maria S has always been a personal fav, pre or post doping tbhwy

I'd like to quarantine with her 

Speaking of quarantine, if you're stuck in quarantine for 6 months, what person book tv show movie and food do you take with you?  One each!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

Maria S has always been a personal fav, pre or post doping tbhwy

I'd like to quarantine with her 

Speaking of quarantine, if you're stuck in quarantine for 6 months, what person book tv show movie and food do you take with you?  One each!

I'll go with

Mrs S

Photo Album with photos of loved ones (or if that's cheating Moneyball)

Seinfeld

come on don't say face off don't say face off don't say face off Face Off

Mum's ragu... it is so, so good, and it's not because of the flavours only, because there's no ingredient as good as love tbh, and then some mule to wash it down hehe

I'll go with

Mrs S

Photo Album with photos of loved ones (or if that's cheating Moneyball)

Seinfeld

come on don't say face off don't say face off don't say face off Face Off

Mum's ragu... it is so, so good, and it's not because of the flavours only, because there's no ingredient as good as love tbh, and then some mule to wash it down hehe

Nothing like some good home cooked pasta

I warned you we were going to get serious... 

Whats your greatest dream in life?  AND what is your greatest fear?

Nothing like some good home cooked pasta

I warned you we were going to get serious... 

Whats your greatest dream in life?  AND what is your greatest fear?

As cliche as it sounds it's federal politics, to run this damn country. Growing up where I did below the poverty line I became aware of such concepts of institutional socioeconomic inequality, disadvantage, etc, and how so many people struggle every day through no fault of their own but because of their place in a grossly unfair system - anyone that has been around me for more than four seconds knows that I'm outspoken and a big lefty (that is as political as i will get), and though I am as of now studying law, i want to parlay a career in law helping the disadvantaged in a field such as employment law in to a career in the political game. I'm cynical and I don't trust the political system to deliver the best outcomes for society, and given that i'm someone who's very assertive and likes to take the bull by the horns the logical conclusion is to be the big man myself; and i don't want to get in to politics to be a politician, for anyone who wants to do that is a social climbing sycophant. Naive as it is you have to go in wanting to help as many people and achieve change.

Why set it to being the prime minister? That's just the way I am - I'm not the sort of guy to be happy as just a politician, as one of the many forgettable backroom legislators in the crowd - I'm someone who has to be the guy. In saying that I'm a guy who's really convicted and really strongwilled, and if i've got to sell out big league to become a politician I'd rather become a judge and do it from the bench tbh

-----

Getting cliche again the fear's got to be failure. I hold myself to an incredulously high standard in all that I do and I'm very tough on myself; I don't give a second care about criticism from many people, from coworkers or friends, but from me I am very very critical, and probably to a bad extent. That's part of why it's in my nature to want to be number one, and just a mild success isn't enough for me - that drive to win, win, always go for more, probably to an unhealthy level. I suppose when you mix in a huge self esteem with a decent brain, limitless ambition and a dash of moxie you get me, the guy who's always going to push himself to do more and be better even when it's not a great idea. Sometimes you should take time at base camp to regroup and take stock of where you are, and all that self reflection is something I don't do enough of - if i could change my mindset from "anything less than number one is a failure" in to the more pragmatic "it's great to have come this far, but better to go further" I reckon it would do me a lot of good.

Cynically you could say probably my desire to want to be the guy also stems from a fear of being forgotten; I believe that there is a life after we pass, I am a Christian, but we can live forever on earth if we leave a big enough legacy, and i would reluctantly admit that plays a small part in me wanting to be the highest of the high, and not just being satisfied with being just "good" - ffs that's way too philosophical for a Wednesday morning

• Like 1