Overwatch Mafia: Night 6, Thursday 9 PM EST

Danger

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

All of this talk is good but let's not waiver off the Dome vote. This might be last post until night, heading off to class.

In case I don't make it to N4, I firmly believe these cover roles (good theory, danger's response makes me think matts nailed it) are Mei, Symmetra and Winston.

Nobody's wavering on Dome. There are like 10 votes on him.

Don't like that you're speculating on cover roles. I think that helps mafia more than civs.

3 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

So let me get this straight, you think three people were given cover roles, then one came in and lied about his role and what it did, then another came after that and did the same?

neither of you are that dumb.

We think the mafia were given the three roles that are not in the game to use as cover roles. All three were sent to them to use as they please. Dome is using one.

Just now, theuntouchable said:

So let me get this straight, you think three people were given cover roles, then one came in and lied about his role and what it did, then another came after that and did the same?

No the theory is: as punishment for us mass claiming, the three unused Overwatch roles were distributed to the Talon members to use as cover as they saw fit. When one of them became heavily in trouble, he used one of the three covers to try and work his way out of the jam.

We have no confirmation from Danger (and we'll almost certainly never get it), but it seems like a reasonable punishment against Overwatch/reward for Talon given where we are in the game.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

No the theory is: as punishment for us mass claiming, the three unused Overwatch roles were distributed to the Talon members to use as cover as they saw fit. When one of them became heavily in trouble, he used one of the three covers to try and work his way out of the jam.

We have no confirmation from Danger (and we'll almost certainly never get it), but it seems like a reasonable punishment against Overwatch/reward for Talon given where we are in the game.

To be clear, I think they've had them since the beginning of the game.

One thing to consider: if the theory is true, then it kind of points to someone having a decent amount of Overwatch lore knowledge.

4 minutes ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

We think the mafia were given the three roles that are not in the game to use as cover roles. All three were sent to them to use as they please. Dome is using one.

Admittedly I scurried through the posts as I'm on break but it appeared as though matts was saying that's what woz and I did. And it seemed as though you agreed.

Just now, james.mcmurry13 said:

To be clear, I think they've had them since the beginning of the game.

Hmm ... I suppose ... it would even out from 18:4, I guess. Feels like this was more off-the-cuff to me, though.

Also, in regards to the "mass claiming" punishment ordeal, I would think that if you have some form of information that is relevant towards the progression of the game you would be given free will to present said evidence. I can't imagine a game where you're given a power and then told you can't provide the information once it's relevant. I could understand not wanting a mass claim, but if you have information that can shed some light on things I don't see anyway a host could punish you for providing that info.

Admittedly I scurried through the posts as I'm on break but it appeared as though matts was saying that's what woz and I did. And it seemed as though you agreed.

To be honest, given how stupid I have made myself look with choosing the wrong target and then screwing the pooch when trying to explain ... I can understand the confusion.

Archived