Overwatch Mafia: Night 6, Thursday 9 PM EST

Danger

7 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Townie - untouchable, Ragnarok, sanchez, cwood

Likely townie - JLash, FTW

Maybe scum - jfin, utley, tk3

Likely scum - RMIB, mission

This is where I sit right now.  I think just working up this list, starting with RMIB, will give town the win.  

Cleared or probably town - untouch, Ragnarok, sanchez, cwood, jlash, utley, ftw

More likely dirty dirty scum - mission, tk3, jfin

Updated list

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Very few.  Heading to bed before too long.  

Ok, so analyze the RMIB ploy on its own. The positives, the risks etc etc etc.

positives - mookie survives longer

negatives - gives himself up as mafia eventually. Seeing as how mookie had some heavy heat, it would mean only one mafia remaining with a bunch of clears after.

would that be worth it to you?

Just now, theuntouchable said:

negatives - gives himself up as mafia eventually. Seeing as how mookie had some heavy heat, it would mean only one mafia remaining with a bunch of clears after.

To add to the positives you could go with the possibility that utley is lynched and it adds another miss lynch to the pile but there's still a stack of cleareds against one mafia member when it's all said and done.

Just now, theuntouchable said:

If he could have gotten utley lynched first...then he would have been lynched twice.  That's 3 days which would allow for mookie to get two extra kills.

So...maybe?

2 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

To add to the positives you could go with the possibility that utley is lynched and it adds another miss lynch to the pile but there's still a stack of cleareds against one mafia member when it's all said and done.

They also could have gotten desperate.  

Just now, Ragnarok said:

If he could have gotten utley lynched first...then he would have been lynched twice.  That's 3 days which would allow for mookie to get two extra kills.

So...maybe?

Sure, but awfully risky and there would still be some clears against ONE mafia.

now picture this. What if tracer was a cover role? I can't imagine ALL of the cover roles would be the smaller roles. 

Utley comes out and claims Tracer. He's drunk he says some random things etc etc etc.

RMIB comes out and says "no, im tracer" 

now, look at the positives compared to the risks there.

positives - mookie survives longer AND one of utley/RMIB comes out as being cleared.

negatives - if someone happens to think of this theory all the mafia are gone. However, how many people would think that would take place? If people believe RMIB then they lynch Utley. Utley comes back as mafia and bam, RMIB is clear. If people believe utley then they lynch RMIB. He comes back mafia and bam, utley is clear.

i know id do it.

A hail mary type of play for sure.  

So if rmib dies today, we look at our initial suspects.  If they're a no go, we target outlay first among the cleared.

Although we can assume that scum will still have a kill once rmib dies.  So the ultimate move might change.  

I know it seems far fetched but the move RMIB made is VERY risky on its own. especially when you consider that mookie was in quite a few lists. He didn't have a lot of votes at the time utley came out but he was on a lot of people's lists. 

admittedly I've been holding back on some thoughts on utley but the timing of him coming out didn't make a whole lot of sense to me and his move didn't either. I almost feel like RMIB tried to come up with another move that would make sense and fit the tracer role but drunk utley came through and fudged it. Another thing that struck me as odd was when utley came out and asked about the treasure for d6. It struck me as odd because the dude obviously had not fully read up when he came out drinks blazing but knew it was time for treasure? My first thought was maybe he knew it because he was the one slated to get the treasure. Then Sanchez came out and said he had it. 

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

A hail mary type of play for sure.  

So if rmib dies today, we look at our initial suspects.  If they're a no go, we target outlay first among the cleared.

Although we can assume that scum will still have a kill once rmib dies.  So the ultimate move might change.  

I would say try utley first. With the ratio where it is, it's best we try it sooner rather than later. If people don't want to try it, I understand because it is a little out there. But it is the perfect scenario for why RMIB came out and did that. Without it, his ploy was risky and ill advised considering mookie was going to get lynched soon. Also, considering that his identity was revealed after the first night of lynch adds to my theory. He had to know that his identity would be revealed. If his identity remained a secret after the first lynch, then my theory would be a very far stretch but considering it was revealed, it only makes sense to me that he made that move to either get himself cleared by utleys lynch or to get utley cleared by his lynch.

Archived