Overwatch Mafia: Night 6, Thursday 9 PM EST

Danger

4 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I would say try utley first. With the ratio where it is, it's best we try it sooner rather than later. If people don't want to try it, I understand because it is a little out there. But it is the perfect scenario for why RMIB came out and did that. Without it, his ploy was risky and ill advised considering mookie was going to get lynched soon. Also, considering that his identity was revealed after the first night of lynch adds to my theory. He had to know that his identity would be revealed. If his identity remained a secret after the first lynch, then my theory would be a very far stretch but considering it was revealed, it only makes sense to me that he made that move to either get himself cleared by utleys lynch or to get utley cleared by his lynch.

There are only so many options it could be.  

But I don't hate the idea.  If we lynched three people before utley, scum would get it to even numbers.  

7 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Jlash that is not nearly enough to clear you IMO. You haven't lead anything or made any confirmations. Not to say I don't have a civ read on you but don't see how you can be considered cleared.

So I have been chosen over Utley? Well it won't be a waste of a lynch anyway since it will give us a clear and getting the ult along with the ratio still puts things in our favor. As long as one of us are lynched tonight town will be fine.

Can we speed run to the next day?

Read this post @Ragnarok

considering what we know now, doesn't that read off funny?

it won't be a waste of a lynch

still give us a clear

as long as one of us is lynched

RMIB did not care whether it was him or utley getting lynched. 

Ive been spot on this game and the more I look at it the more it makes sense.

On 10/3/2017 at 10:34 PM, utley4568 said:

RMIB is the other. Thought that was a given. Given your height, it's unsurprising that went over your head.

l3n9iAK.png

On 10/3/2017 at 10:41 PM, utley4568 said:

Sure sounds like exactly what I said when he claimed....

On 10/3/2017 at 10:50 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Touch I don't understand the confusion. I said that Pharah could either be a cover role, or a real role that hasn't been CC'd since only about 5 of us even say him claim it. Jlash, Jfin, and sanchez were all MIA after mookie's claim (and I believe those are the only 3 who haven't claimed). 

Anyway, these are the only unclaimed roles left:

• Torbjorn
  • Reinhardt
  • Winston
  • McCree
  • D.Va

Be wary of anyone claiming these 4 since it's safe to assume mafia got all the cover roles or have been getting 1 a night. 

Jfin, Jlash, Lions, Sanchez, Lions, TK3----> 1 of them is sombra (mafia). The other 4 are dispersed among the 5 roles I listed. 1 of the roles listed is not in the game.

Utley is reaper

I believe our clears now are

• ragnarok (100%)
  • touch
  • sanchez
  • mission? (someone needs to remind me why he is cleared)
  • Cwood? (someone needs to remind me why he is cleared)

I would actually say it was pretty convenient and if anything makes you look a bit sketchy. Mafia bussing mafia is such a common tactic that it'd be odd if it weren't happening, and mookie was desperately trying to bus you (knowing it would be futile and not gain traction) right before he died. Almost too obvious of a lolcear attempt, but I know you're Reaper or Sombra (probably Reaper hence why you claimed out of the blue when Mookie had the most heat).

Also did you ever explain why you suddenly felt the need to claim Tracer? Let me guess, you're just chalking it up to being drunk?

On 10/3/2017 at 11:13 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

This is after Mookie claimed Pharah on the last page and people were wondering if his proposed ability made sense.

Oh, ok. 

Well, going back and reading those pages (185ish), there was no clear lynch candidate. Mission and utley were the two who I saw votes on. Utley, after getting the slightest amount of pressure for the first time, then shows up and decides to claim Tracer for no reason. Anti-town move aside, if you think of him as Reaper, and we follow that Reaper's ability is to survive a lynch, then it it makes perfect sense. Draw out Tracer, and keep Mookie (Doomfist) alive for 2 nights (we'd have had to use both our N3 and N4 lynch to get rid of utley (Reaper)). Of course, best case scenario, people choose the real Tracer over him for the lynch and it takes 3 nights to get rid of him. Risky move, but considering he was drunk, and if we follow the line of thinking that Mookie would have gotten another hit or some important ability had he made it to D5, it makes sense why he was "pounding the table" so hard. He needed it to be either myself or him as the lynch N3, that was the only way to ensure Mookie's survival to D5. tl;dr- he wanted to draw the lynch.

On 10/3/2017 at 11:40 PM, utley4568 said:

WHOA WHOA WHOA YOU GET OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR LOGIC AND REASON

On 10/3/2017 at 10:26 PM, utley4568 said:

Just read up. How have I not been pushing that RMIB is mafia. I explained why it might not have been smart to lynch him since he says it will take two times to do it. We can do it pretty safely tonight with Doomfist dead. Would still be nice if we had someone hit him instead. Don't we get the special power today?

On 10/3/2017 at 10:30 PM, utley4568 said:

I'm convinced you're the last mafia.

Also, anyone notice how bad Mookie wanted me lynched at the end and never pushed for RMIB. Yeah. There ya go.

Read the confidence that utley contains in these posts. He had one cleared in his court (me) who has been leading the way and building a convincing argument against RMIB. I don't know how often you've ever been in this situation but there is only a couple people that I know that would be this confident in that situation. Utley is not one of them. 

4 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Read the confidence that utley contains in these posts. He had one cleared in his court (me) who has been leading the way and building a convincing argument against RMIB. I don't know how often you've ever been in this situation but there is only a couple people that I know that would be this confident in that situation. Utley is not one of them. 

Ask JLash...my mafia confidence knows no bounds.

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

Guys if I'm wrong, there's still only tk3, jfin and mission left as possibilities. I have a feeling the mafia will hit me tonight whether I'm right or wrong. Do me the favor and give the utley theory a shot while there is still time.

To be fair jlash and FTW aren't "clear" but I've had a civ read on them for a while now and that hasn't changed. 

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Ask JLash...my mafia confidence knows no bounds.

You very well could, I just haven't played much with you. Based on the people in this game and on this forum, I only know if a couple people that would be that confident in that situation and utley isn't in that list. 

Just now, theuntouchable said:

You very well could, I just haven't played much with you. Based on the people in this game and on this forum, I only know if a couple people that would be that confident in that situation and utley isn't in that list. 

He does come across as being in a position of knowledge.  

28 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Why tbh. 

Honestly, please lynch me. If y'all are dumb enough to believe I'm mafia, then we deserve to lose. 

RMIB, then Fin, then Mission

Archived