'Last Chance' Mock - Discussion

dcat

FYI:  Heymangold is on the movve today and won't be around to help update the spreadsheet, so it may be a bit more laggy today.  But let's keep it going.  I seem to have been the overnight stall for the last 2 nights... weird.  

I think everyone is afraid we won't get to 7.  

We were supposed to start on Saturday the 11th.  We didn't start until Tuesday the 14th due mostly to the lag time in new member approvals.  Losing 3 days is what did the damage. 

Edited by dcat

7 minutes ago, dcat said:

I think everyone is afraid we won't get to 7.  

We were supposed to start on Saturday the 11th.  We didn't start until Tuesday the 14th due mostly to the lag time in new member approvals.  Losing 3 days is what did the damage. 

Very few of these things make it the full 7 rounds.  After about the fifth, you're looking for depth and special teams, so it's hard to get excited about that.  Most people's initial big boards are gone through by now, and it's hard to force yourself to do research on this prospect vs. that one when you're this late in.

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Very few of these things make it the full 7 rounds.  After about the fifth, you're looking for depth and special teams, so it's hard to get excited about that.  Most people's initial big boards are gone through by now, and it's hard to force yourself to do research on this prospect vs. that one when you're this late in.

except when you are quarantined, furloughed with disgusting looking hair (the little there is)  that is soon to be buzzed.  truthfully, this is what drives me each year to do more research because I never wind up watching the amount of college ball I plan to and want to... not even close to half.

Edited by dcat

Btw, really happy with how things are going for the Titans.  Ezra Cleveland replaces Jack Conklin, with Kelly still as the swing tackle/guard, Zack Moss will be spelling Derrick Henry/insurance if a deal can't be made, and Darnay Holmes could compete with Amani Hooker for the third spot in the depth chart after Jackson and Butler.

And the front seven in this situation would just be dominant (assuming Clowney is gonna be a Titan, which is what I assumed coming in, and is seeming more and more likely now).  Front seven depth chart:

Edge: Jadeveon Clowney (probably), Harold Landry, Vic Beasley, Kamalei Correa, D'Andre Walker

DL: Justin Simmons, Daquon Jones, Justin Madubuike, Jack Crawford, Isaiah Mack

LB: Rashaan Evans, Jayon Brown, David Long, Nick Dzwhatever

1 minute ago, dcat said:

except when you are quarantined, furloughed with disgusting looking hair (the little there is)  that is soon to be buzzed.  truthfully, this is what drives me each year to do more research because I never wind up watching the amount of college ball I plan to and want to... not even close to half.

I mean, that's probably the only reason that FFMD made it to 7 rounds.

But also, you're much more likely to get flakes when they're newer posters.

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

But also, you're much more likely to get flakes when they're newer posters.

Some of the guys I brought here from other slower mocks without running clocks.  It takes getting used to, unless you check in to the forum regularly out of boredom anyway

Alton Robinson a good get @Gopher.  I was a hair away from taking him at 139 for Tampa.  Chose to go with Oline for a host of need reasons but Robinson was a target.  Same situation in Tampa with Barrett tagged for the year and JPP signed thru 21.  They don't need him now, but a good candidate to develop.  

3 minutes ago, dcat said:

Alton Robinson a good get @Gopher.  I was a hair away from taking him at 139 for Tampa.  Chose to go with Oline for a host of need reasons but Robinson was a target.  Same situation in Tampa with Barrett tagged for the year and JPP signed thru 21.  They don't need him now, but a good candidate to develop.  

Hell, I considered him at 143, since I had him higher than the player I chose.  But if the Titans sign Clowney, they definitely won't need pass rushers for a bit.  Darnay was one of the last decent CBs left.